• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
Ugh... this makes me feel very bad for the one being honest :\

and feel even WORSE for the one lying...

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
supermandudekid: Right now my time is a bit after 6 PM. I will be here from 8 PM to 9 PM tonight my time for our battle. If you are not online in time to see this message, know that I will also be here the same time tomorrow.

I post this here because my PM box is full, and I'm not ready to empty it yet (pictures and such...). Also, this way there's proof if any confusion arises...

Okay, everybody saw this post of mine, right? And everybody's seen the lack of response from supersmashbrosfan, right? I definitely haven't gotten any PMs from him, seeing as my inbox is 100% full. So, any responses from him would have been in this thread...that is, if I had gotten any.

Ichida said:
This is why I video record all my tournament battles.

...o_0

Then I really hope I don't end up battling you. I just generally don't like my Wi-Fi battles to be recorded, as I always do worse because of it...

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2008
[Please read the whole post, links included before judging me]

Ok, I lied. I'm sorry. Yes it was the wrong thing to do but I only did it because Burzes had tried to do the same to me;

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2908882&postcount=1137

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2912050&postcount=1154

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2912258&postcount=1161

I only lied because Burzes did not answer any of my 2 PM's about setting a time for the battle and he then claimed here in this thread, that he had not heard from me at all and wanted me labeled a no show. Like my own actions that falls under bad sportsmanship .

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
[Please read the whole post, links included before judging me]

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Ok, I lied.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] I'm sorry. Yes it was the wrong thing to do but I only did it because Burzes had tried to do the same to me;

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2908882&postcount=1137

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2912050&postcount=1154

http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2912258&postcount=1161

I only lied because Burzes did not answer any of my 2 PM's about setting a time for the battle and he then claimed here in this thread, that he had not heard from me at all and wanted me labeled a no show. Like my own actions that falls under bad sportsmanship .

And how exactly do we know that Burzes didn't actually reply to those PMs with a time but you actually didn't show, or if you actually EVER sent those PMs at all?? All we do know for a fact is that you lied to try to get through, then continued through the lie even after Burzes denied it. You could have just posted "Burzes never replied to my PMs. I say he's a no-show" and either you would have gone through anyway or Burzes would have replied in protest, at which point you would have set a time and battled. However, all you did was lie about a battle that never took place, to which I say:

Alakazam17, I ask demand that Red X gets banned from the tournament for lying about the results of his battle.

Karsen

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
To be honest, i think that both of them should be took out of the tournament, Red X for posting he won, and Burzes trying to go up a round for ignoring his posts and asking to go up a round.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2008
And how exactly do we know that Burzes didn't actually reply to those PMs with a time but you actually didn't show, or if you actually EVER sent those PMs at all?? All we do know for a fact is that you lied to try to get through, then continued through the lie even after Burzes denied it. You could have just posted "Burzes never replied to my PMs. I say he's a no-show" and either you would have gone through anyway or Burzes would have replied in protest, at which point you would have set a time and battled. However, all you did was lie about a battle that never took place, to which I say:

Alakazam17, I ask demand that Red X gets banned from the tournament for lying about the results of his battle.

I referee to my post again, in which you can see evidence from the thread that Burzes disregarded my pleas to contact me.

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
For god's sakes even if Burzes did pass I doubt he is going to be the tourny champ considering there are players very experienced in this tourny

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Both Burzes and Red X have been posting saying that they couldn't get in touch with the other. Because of this, I didn't disqualify either one, and gave them a few days after the deadline to finish the battle.

I am not sure whether one or both of these two are lying about their attempts to get in touch with the other, but I am now sure that Red X has lied about beating Burzes.

Therefore, Red X is banned, while Burzes will stay. However, I'll be keeping an eye on him, as should whoever faces him in the future.

Burzes is paired with Always and Never, and you have one week to get the results in. But taking this mess into account, you can take longer if you need to. Good luck!

And now, let us get back to the battles! :D

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Always and Never, Ready for the fight?
Therefore, Red X is banned, [S-HIGHLIGHT]while Burzes will stay[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. However, I'll be keeping an eye on him, as should whoever faces him in the future.
Thank you zammy. :)
Yes it was the wrong thing to do [S-HIGHLIGHT]but I only did it because Burzes had tried to do the same to me[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
↑*buzzer sounds* wrong. I would never lie just to move ahead in the tournament.

Last edited:

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
Good luck to A&N.
As for lying, I'm glad X came out and admitted he lied (although lying is wrong in the first place).
It's too hard to tell when only two people witness the battle, but it's crazy to buy a digital camera just for proof. Definitely keep an eye on Burzes (but, at this point in the tourney, everyone should be watched).

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
↑*buzzer sounds* wrong. I would never lie just to move ahead in the tournament.
Well there is still the question regarding the PM's, in addition to the fact that you IM'ed and PM'ed me saying that you could not get in contact with Red X.

I did think something was odd, seeing as this was the first time I was faced with having to disqualify two active members. In every other case, one was a no-show, one withdrew, or one didn't have their connection working. In your case, however, I'd see posts from both of you asking if the other was around. And not just once, either.

But nonetheless, you're back in for now. So let us put this behind us and move on.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
Zam, you have a very respectful way of clearing out trouble. I mean, that said, worded differently, could have caused so much argument (which is why I can't handle things like this, haha, I never word it right).

Kudos =]

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
*corny children's music plays* We've had our afternoon special moment, let's get on with the tourney, na?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Both Burzes and Red X have been posting saying that they couldn't get in touch with the other. Because of this, I didn't disqualify either one, and gave them a few days after the deadline to finish the battle.

I am not sure whether one or both of these two are lying about their attempts to get in touch with the other, but I am now sure that Red X has lied about beating Burzes.

Therefore, Red X is banned, while Burzes will stay. However, I'll be keeping an eye on him, as should whoever faces him in the future.

Burzes is paired with Always and Never, and you have one week to get the results in. But taking this mess into account, you can take longer if you need to. Good luck!

And now, let us get back to the battles! :D

I'm glad that finally worked out. :)

Now, then...as you all know, I left a message here for supermandudekid specifying when I could battle. However, he never replied. I suppose this could have been due to a lack of viewing this thread, though. Therefore, I managed to get just enough space in my PM box to send this PM to supermandudekid just a couple minutes ago:

My PM said:
I am PMing you to make sure you know of the message I left for you in the thread a while back informing you of when I could battle. While you have been online since then, you never were online at the time I specified. This tells me that you either were not paying attention & never went to the thread or were just ignoring me. Now, I am not accusing you of either one, but this PM will ensure the former can no longer be the case.

This will be my 150th PM, and I have no plans to unload any of them in the near future (due to impossibility & necessity, mostly). Therefore, all future communications regarding this matter will be held in the main thread.

Thank you.

-Ichaste Pekoni

Now he will be sure to know to check this thread. And, if I continue to get no reply, we will know the answer ;).

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Lol you love making long posts and pms dont you..

well im on right now and im ready to battle

im gonna go get my ds ill be back in about 5 minutes to check

(Wow, that was fast.)

It's not a matter of like or dislike. Of course, at least it isn't spam.

Let's go, then. I'll be waiting online.

...Of course, I'll also have to go in about half an hour to get to the Manaphy thing, so hurry up.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
An epic battle is raging as we speak!

For interest's sake, has anyone else been breeding more pokemon in order to keep their team unknown to potential opponent's? I'm at 3 new pokemon as of Monday.

Back