• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pens? Pencils?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I used to do everything in pencil but now I literally only use pencils when writing tests (since erasing is more legible than scratching out). Partially because it's faster, and also because I don't have to press as hard (it's better for my wrists), I use pens almost exclusively now.

I use Sharpie pens. :) They're easily the best pen brand I've ever used.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Pencil. Wait, no, a mechanical pencil. A pilot one at that. I only use pens when taking test and writing notes, but other than that, I use a mechanical pencil. I'm afraid of my pen losing ink, that's why. It's also nice to take out the lead on the mechanical pencil. Haha.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    It depends on the situation. For official documents, I use a pen. For tests, notes, and just about anything else, I use a pencil.

Years
    It all depends on the mood that I'm in. Usually, I prefer pens. However, I just picked up a set of really nice mechanical pencils, and that's what I've been doing all of my writing in recently.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Pens. Either Ballpoint or Ink.
    But, I guess it depends on the situation mostly. For diagrams, I need a pencil. But for writing, yes, a pen. <3

I occasionally use a pencil if I need to jot down something really quickly on my book, or just do some rough work.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I like using pencils since I always seem to mess up with something on my paper when I use pen although I write neater in pen.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I personally feel more comfortable using a pen. I dunno why, just evolved as a habit. Pencils I will only use for Scantron tests or for drawing. Or when I realize that a pencil is all I brought to school with me today >__> that's about it.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Pencils. I prefer the freedom to make mistakes with it.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    Fine point pens. I love the feeling and the soft scratch of the pen against the paper... I guess I'm a weird dude.

But doing Algebra with a pen is murder, especially if you suck at it. So I use a mechanical pencil with math.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Either a Mechanical Pencil, or a Pen. I can't stand having a normal pencil anymore. My handwriting is pretty horrible when I do use one of 'em (not like my pen writing is any better, unless I don't rush).

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I always prefer to use a pencil in almost everything. In my opinion, pens are too messy and unreliable. Whenever I try to use a pen, it's always dry. One time, my friend broke my pen and ink flew everywhere. It was terrible, and our teacher made us clean it all up.

Yes, pencils aren't perfect either: the graphite breaks constantly, the eraser disappears after two days, and it's much more of a pain to write with. However, I'm so used to writing with a pencil that my handwriting would look like a joke if I do anything with a pen.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I prefer pencils and I draw lightly. I prefer pencils that don't break, but those pencils tend to be expensive, so usually I use Ticonderogas.

With pens, I will ONLY use Copics or SAKURA Microns (Pigma), or the occasional Sharpie pen. Mainly because most domestic pens suck.

Back