• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People change. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not so much!

Sirfetch’d

Reflecting back on yourself a month, a year, even 2 or 3 years ago, how much would you say you have changed? What has improved about you that you are most fond of? Do you regret any changes you made about yourself?

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Becoming more outgoing and friendly, I think. I'd been very antisocial since high school and ridiculously cynical...has taken a lot of work to change that haha.

Your world expands so much when you let people in, you know? :)

Years
    I definitely became more social with people here on PC over the past year or so, as noted by my post count :P

But in more seriousness, I've graduated high school, I got my driver's license, so I essentially have had more freedom than ever before, and I really like the feeling of it as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to be more enthusiastic when I was younger, but now, not so much. I'm not too fond of this change to be honest, because without enthusiasm, it's just… hard to do things, I guess? d: I used to be pretty shy as well. I'm still shy, but not as much as before.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I used to really hate people and I can successfully say I hate people somewhat less now.

I actually used to not want to be friends with a lot of people a few years ago, and since then I've learned that it's actually not bad being nice to people and having friends. Also I go out a lot more so I don't feel bad about spending time inside.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I've definitely change in the last 3-5 years. I'm more mature and more responsible now, but still can tend to be unorganized at times. My taste in music is way different. I used to like whatever pop songs got popular and now I can't stand most pop radio and usually listen to hard rock , alternative and indie rock. I have also gone from a long emo haircut to a short one and a goatee. So most of my changes have been physical but also definitely have matured and changed personality wise. I used to get overly excited over everything and now while I do get excited for things, it's less calmer excitement. I used to throw tantrums a lot when younger which continued on till I was about 16. This is when I realized how childish someone that age looks having a tantrum and decided to doing it so much. I'm definitely more mature and handle tough situations better.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
    I am very different now than I was a year ago.

I have begun to embrace the fact that I am transgendered. I used to shove it under a rug, thinking that my feelings were just some kind of joke. Now I am accepting them, and it feels good. Hopefully soon I will be able to live how I am meant to.

Kisemi Sora

Using both the king and queen~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2014
    I am very different now than I was a year ago.

I have begun to embrace the fact that I am transgendered. I used to shove it under a rug, thinking that my feelings were just some kind of joke. Now I am accepting them, and it feels good. Hopefully soon I will be able to live how I am meant to.
    That`s good. That is do good that you`re being yourself, and that`s really important. :) I hope you luck for future!!!! ^_____^

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Well online, I used to be a jerk on forums now I just try to be nice, positive and cool ofc!

When I was a freshman and sophomore I tried to be that jock dude that everyone wanted to hang out with, but that got old so now I'm just a due that hangs out with my friends and enjoys life as it is. I try to be calm ad mellow unless I'm playing videogames then I get hyped.

Years
    Looking back, I can barely tell that I've changed at all from high school. Maybe a little more social and outgoing, but still quite anti-social for the most part .__.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
    I think I've gotten a bit more social. Keep kicking myself back into the hole though, so I've been mostly antisocial for the past few months. Not that I mind.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    I would say that I have improved a lot, i was a nonsense and just noob some years ago and now i feel like i became more experienced and became a pro now!

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
    I guess I've become emotionally stronger and more closed-off to the world, but the best change I've made was realizing that my family is the most important thing in my life, and that I am happy just to be with them.

Also I've become "smarter" when dealing with people - I don't get fooled by pretty words anymore.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I don't think I really changed too much because people don't really change, but I have been
    trying to fix my image towards other people for awhile now and I don't think it's really working
    out too well, I just hope they can accept me better.

I don't think I made any changes that I would regret.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Looking back on my Facebook posts back in 2009, I can say that I'm definitely more mature. I'm also more confident than before, which is great! The only thing I don't like so much is the fact that I still haven't stopped procrastinating haha.

Back