• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People that grind your gears. >_<

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
  • People who are so far up they're own arse they can see thier tonsils

And also people who think they are better than anyone else and make everything seem better than it is because it THEM

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • People who act like they own the whole world, think the world revolves around them and who don't give a hoot about anybody else. People who think that they can never be at fault. Everytime I see one of those, I have to fight the urge to slap them in the face. And I'm a pacifist!!

Oh god. Don't get me started on arrogant people. Especially the ones who are arrogant AND elitist. I cant help myself, I always find myself at odds with these type of people, they annoy the hell out of me. >O

Bigots grind my gears, and people who are intolerant to anything they aren't.
    That sounds confusing, so EX: A straight person to gay people becasue they aren't gay themselves. Well... intolerant people in general.

I dont like bigots either, many people have lost my respect by being bigoted, and they dont understand why, because I just refuse to interact with anyone who is openly hostile and bigoted on any front more than I need to. Usually I limit my interactions with these sorts of trolls, but I've also been known to pick at them if I think pointing out their bigotry will help them stop being so openly bigoted.

Bullies who bully others for fame.
    And the annoying people who follow them. Every year, this group of people go to the new students and tell them not to hang out with me because I like Pokemon. And then, that new kid comes up to me, like 2 or 3 months later and acts as though I'm the most annoying and the most hated person in the world. I haven't engaged in conversation with that person before, yet he hates me for no reason. It has happened in 2006, '07 and '08. They tried this year, but my friends got to them first ;)

Bleach. People like this are generally annoying, but if you're patient you usually win them over one by one until the real bully is left standing with no one. XD

Other people who grind my gears include:

• Anyone who tells me "You take the internet too seriously".
      Spoiler:
    • Anyone who assumes something about me without knowing me.
      Spoiler:
    • Anyone who cant handle being wrong
      Spoiler:
    • People who seem to think I'm out to usurp their niche in the group or rank or whatever position. (Basically anyone who sees me as a threat)
      Spoiler:
    I believe that covers just about all of my pet peeves when it comes to people. I'm generally a very nice person when given due respect. But I also happen to believe that respect has to be earned, so dont be shocked if I treat you like an equal even if you rank above me somehow. It's just my style. I can be astonishingly bold simply because I don't believe that rank bestows immunity from peer scrutiny. If that grinds your gears, then it's probably because you're arrogant.

Patchy

-
    Years
  • Homophobes
    PpL WhO TaaLk LiiKE ThIs
    People who use the word n00b
    Bullies
    People who prejudge
    Stalkers

Probably more, but that's the most I can think of right now.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • This isn't my quote, but it sums up my opinion:
    I understand that this might come across as a bit pretentious, and I don't know if it's my place to say something. But I'm under the assumption that since I'm on here often that I have the prerogative to file a suggestive complaint. I find myself being assailed by certain things that irk me more often than I'd like lately.

So allow me to suggest that we take more mature mindsets when dealing with:

a) personal grievances between members.

b) grammatical mistakes/mistakes in general. [PJV: Well, I'm on the other side of this XD]

c) personal attitudes towards other members (positive or negative).

d) personal attitudes towards other beliefs/religions/political standings (which I know I have no right telling anyone off about because I make fun of Sarah Palin and get defensive about certain things).

Examples of said complaints would be:

a) having a flame war that takes up pages in a topic simply because you're bitter about something and you're trying to one-up someone. Like going out of your way to say something pithy. Deal with it in private. Not here, not on Facebook. That's courtesy. And please stop ganging up on each other and taking sides. We don't need everyone's business all over the place.

b) ripping a newbie (or an oldie) a new one because they can't type. There's a difference between constructive criticism and downright rudeness.

c) not showing common courtesy on the forum. Again with the rudeness. Whether you loathe someone OR you think the sun shines out of their every orifice, I can tell. So can everyone else. Because your attitude towards them comes across in every post you quote them, refer to them, or allude to them.

d) being thickheaded and only considering your own point, or continually mentioning your point of view even when it's not relevant, or putting other people's positions down.
    Oh, Raggles, we have the same mindset (almost XD).

The link is not to advertise but to give credit to the author

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    I also hate people that insult the thread owners as seen above. I also hate how people think there all "big and bad" when there not.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Attention grabbers, especially.
    Also, this really annoying girl at my school who continues to want to have sex with me.
    This really annoying guy at my school who continues to want to have sex with me. Make that all three of them.

People who continuously tell me I'm being rude when I'm not. (i.e., Magnedeth, Blackjack Palazoo), I could name more, but the list wouldn't stop. . >.> Note how all of them are on Bulbagarden. Coincidence? I think not.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    I HATE attention grabbers. I hate when people try to get everybody to laugh at them, when there not funny.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I dislike ....

Orochimaru
    My parents
    People who take things seriously
    People who think that the joke was a taunt and just give you that 'stare'
    Seeing the sight of blood

I hate ....

Jigsaw
    Sex in the City
    Nazis
    Girls who never gave the Asian guy a chance at anything

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Like right now, she's at my dorm being a pain in my !!!!. She's yelling over food. =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    But anyhoo.. there's this girl that my group of friends, and myself used to hang out with a lot. She used to be pretty close to us, but her personality really bothered me. Even though she was our friend, she talked to us like we were stupid all the time. & If our conversation wasn't focused on her, then she'd make it so that it was. She also NEEDED to start drama, constantly, so that people would feel sorry for her, and she whined all the time.. Eventually it had the opposite effect, to the point where all of us thought, 'Oh man.. she's starting more drama. Lets avoid her.' So that pissed her off, and she cussed us out, called us every bad name in the book, and then didn't talk to us for over a year.

Oh, and then she comes back a few months ago, and tries to patch things up. :/

i know a girl just like this. i hate her so much. shes just such a b****.

people that think theyre the coolest people in the world because they can "beat you up" this always happens to me becuase im kinda a small person and then i just say okay then beat me up and they dont'. im just like okay you said that you can beat me up but you didnt end of story.

and people that call me gay. i no i was wierd when i was younger but im diferent now and they just dont seem to understand. its just im not gay never have been and never will. and i have never had a girlfriend for that reason.

and just people that cant live without attention. im a person that really hyper and that talks alot and people say they im a "attention seeker" but im not thats just who i am. if i could just calm down and then i would be happy because i want to be a quiet person.

and people that judge because of their past because ive always gotten judged by the person who i was in the past. i was the person that did all the things annoy me in the past and now no girl will go out with me because i WAS(past tense) wierd
    *end of rant*

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Im a pretty big guy you know, so I never had that issue in High school with bullys, but acconcionally I did have to hurt a few guys or two. But im just to nervous to get a date. =/

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I hate people who try to fix my problems and say they understand me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2010
    I hate people who try to fix my problems and say they understand me.

i understand you there. lol jk but i do hate that too. im having family problems and people dont get it thet they dont understand. its like everyone is different and going through different stuff. so you cant understand.

also, i havnt told people bout whats happening and they still make fun of me so it just sometimes i totally break down. when you go through a hard time you really understand who your real friends are

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Most people in general; if we're on the subject of forum posters then most of the posts in the 'Post your problems' thread are laughable. People who repeat themselves and people who won't leave me alone when I tell them to and try to follow me when I walk away are the worst.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Arrogant people who genuinly cannot understand how anyone else could have another opinion to them or why anyone else would want to act in any way other than what they do, and if you do do something differently, it obviously means you have to make fun of them. Just arrogant people in general, I hate them. And hypocritical people. I especially hate hypocritical people. Oh, and people who think they're great becuase they have the "ability" to tell people what they really think of you. All the time. Just admit you don't have the social skills to be able to get along with people and the ability to shut up.

Um yeah, my rant's over.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
  • I hate when women burp, especially loudly. I don't care if everyone burps, but it's just NOT lady-like. Do it in the bathroom or something, or try to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

Back