• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Percy Jackson: War of the Gods [T] [Best Rookie 4Q '11]

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
MY SU FINISHED, HURR HURR. I'll post the OOC shortly :DDDDD

Okay...

@Wymsical: DAYUM, THAT SU IS REALLY GOOD. ACCEPTED, FOR SURE, BRO.

@Nakuzami: The Percy Jackson movie was messed up, not following the story at all, lol.

@~Genevieve~: I'm pretty okay with the Personality and History sections, but the Appearance is a bit short. But since the other 2 are okay... Accepted. But I would very much like you to add a bit more to the Appearance section. 2-3 more lines would do.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
MY SU FINISHED, HURR HURR. I'll post the OOC shortly :DDDDD

Okay...

@Wymsical: DAYUM, THAT SU IS REALLY GOOD. ACCEPTED, FOR SURE, BRO.

Thanks bruvah, jealous much? xD jk jk :P

@Nakuzami: The Percy Jackson movie was messed up, not following the story at all, lol.

Totally, movie sucked. If they're gonna make another one like that, I'm gonna throw the REAL Percy Jackson book at the TV. :/

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@First Snow: Reserved for the Hermes Cabin. :P

NOTICE: The OOC thread is up! All reserved people, and people with yet to be completed SUs, post their SUs there! :D

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
Reserve the other Aphrodite spot for me please. I'm still working on the SU, but it should be up by at the latest tomorrow night.

Oh, and before I forget.

Olympus Mons is like three times the size of Mt. Everest, did you know?

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
(OOC: Conjurer you are reserved but please post your SU in the OOC/SU created by my co-GM thank you in advance)

Joshua Alden Emeress
Athena Cabin​

Josh snored heavily on the top bunk of his bed. One of his half-sisters, Jennifer was tapping her foot annoyed at the beds side. She slept below Josh, which was quite unlucky for her, as Josh snored very heavily and very often.​

Both Josh and her were two of the current number of fourteen campers in their cabin, the highest ammount in the camp currently. Most of the other Athena children were fully dressed and armed ready for that days training, Jennifer still had to put on her armour but other than that she was fully dressed.​

Josh didn't normally sleep in... but due to the fact that he had stayed up all night studdying the old desings he had found in the cabins library, he hadn't gone to bed till all hours of the morning, this also may have explained why he was still fully dressed, shoes and all, from the night before. The only thing he had managed to take off was his hidden blade which he had tossed unthoughtfully on the groung by his bedside just before he climbed up into bed.​

"Josh." Jennifer muttered.​

"Get up."​

Josh said nothing he only lossely waved his arm at her, as if to shoo her away.​

"Y'know I still don't understand why you're the Athena cabin head... for sombody meant to be smarter than the rest of us, you're pretty stupid." Jennifer mocked.​

"Shut your trap Jenn..." Josh murmured drowzily.​

"Your jealous 'cause I'm better than you." He joked.​

Jenn smacked her brother across the back of his head.​

"If you're so smart! Then how come you stayed up WAY to late and then threw your stupid hidden blade on the floor! It was still engaged y'know! Megan almost impaled her foot on it this morning!... Luckily for you, Robert stopped her just in time."​

Josh was barely listening as Jenn discussed their fellow brothers and sisters problems. He was slowly drifting back to sleep.​

Jenn smiled horribly and lifted the engaged hidden blade in her hands... she didn't know exactly how to activate it, but she didn't need to in order to lightly stab the blade into Joshs thigh, just enough to get him moving, but not so much as to actually hurt him.​

Josh leapt out of bed into the air and fell face first onto the ground, he pulled himself up and ripped the hidden blade from Jenns hands.​

"Are you insane?!" He cried.​

"Probably. Now I'm going up to the forest, capture the flag resumes today and the others have brought my armour up while I remained to get your sorry rump out of bed... I'll see you there Josh, don't dawdle!" With that Jenn left for the forest.​

Josh quickly attached and fastened the hidden blade to his arm he the proceeded to reach into his jackets pockets and twist the key like objects inside. As soon as he removed his hands the jacket grew and hardened into his suit of black armour, the blood red owl shimmering on its back.​

He left the cabin and sighed slightly as he wiped the sleep from his eyes.​

***​

Josh looked at the familiar scene before him, the cabins of camp half-blood stood in the shape of the greek sign Omega Ω. Forming a sortof mishapen "n" with a dash coming from the foot of either side. The campfire sat at the center, it was a popular gathering place, mainly during the night, when it was, y'know, on fire.​

Josh trudged forward tiredly, he wondered if all the others were up there? Would he be the last to arrive? He hoped not, Chiron hated Josh with a passion when he was late, especially since this was the first capture the flag in about three weeks.​

Josh wondered what could have been going on that was so gods damn it important that they couldn't go train in the forest for three weeks? The forest, being a home to many, many different types and breeds of monster, was a dangerous place to go anyway, but campers were usually aloud in if properly armed, must have been something pretty important to have access blocked off.​

"Probably a meeting of the council of cloven elders..." Josh muttered to himself.​

***​

Josh arrived to see members of each cabin there, but not every camper had arrived.​

"''Bout time you got here Josh." Josh looked down to see Megan Angelica, Josh had alot of brothers and sisters in his cabin... but if you were to actually give one the title of "annoying younger sister" Megan would have been an easy choice. At the age of thirteen, she was newly claimed and this was her first year.​

"Mmmhmm..." Josh asked looking over at a group of girls at the other side of the gathering campers.​

Each team kept to themselves before entering the forest, blue on the left, red on the right, with Chiron and Dionysus standing at the front. However they were aloud to mingle among themselves until Chiron actually addressed them and that wouldn't happen until everyone showed up.​

"Staring at the Aphrodites again are we?" Megan teased a little louder than she should have.​

"Quiet Megan." Josh said pulling his gaze away as he noticed one of the Aphrodites meeting his gaze and giggling slightly.​

He stood silently and hoped that he didn't look too foolish. He decided to wait until something happened or someone else arrived.​

(OOC: Upon bringing your character to the clearing outside the forest you may talk and chat with other RPers as much as you like until the other RPers arrive, once all RPers are in the clearing Chiron and Dionysus will explain the rules and capture the flag will begin.)​

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Ariala Davies
Demeter Cabin​

Ariala groaned a bit in her sleep as the sun hit her face. She slept on the top bunk in her cabin right next to the windows. At night it was amazing, she could lay awake on her bed and look at the moon and stars before she fell asleep but in the mornings the sun hit her face waking her up. Opening her eyes a bit she groaned. "Ughhhhh" as she rubbed her sleep clouded eyes.

Looking around the young girl saw that her half brothers and sisters had already left the cabin. Climbing off the bunk she stretched a bit picking up a note off the table.

Hey Ari, We wanted to wake you but you looked like you needed the sleep. But hey you know how early the we usually get up we knew the sun would wake you in time. Remember we've got capture the flag so make sure you get there on time.
Diane

Ariala chuckled a bit. Always like Diane to think she needed more sleep. Not that she wasn't grateful. Diane was a great friend and treated Ariala like a little sister. Yawning a bit still kind of asleep she put the note back down and went in front of the mirror. Smiling she brushed out her aqua hair giggling as it met it's natural curls. She smiled changing into her green tank top and brown skirt and boots before stepping out into the cabin and into the sunlight. Ariala grinned happy to be outside as she ran through the camp and to the clearing outside the forest. A lot of the campers where there but not all but she was happy she wasn't late. As she got there she right away saw Joshua a boy she had seen regularly from the Athena cabin. To her he seemed really cool from the few times they had talked she smiled and waved to him.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Evan had just awoken and was now getting ready for the day. Later today everyone was going to play Capture the Flag. It seemed strange because it was banned for a while. However, the night before, Chiron said it was fine to play now, so we were going to play today. He was in the Hermes cabin as always, changing into a simple white t-shirt, dark jeans, socks, sneakers, and ring.

He was unclaimed as always. Evan had been here for two years and he still wasn't claimed. He hoped that he would be claimed soon after he got here, but no such luck. Truthfully, he was losing all hope that he would be claimed someday. He had an inkling that his godly parent was Hermes, but that was just presumptuous. He didn't want to assume and be wrong. For all he knew, he could be the godly child of one of the Big Three. Of course, that was impossible. He just wanted a sign, a sign that his father acknowledged him. He wanted to know if his father loved him.

He was starting to doubt he did.

Evan wrapped his holster filled with celestial bronze throwing darts and left the cabin to eat breakfast.

--

"I wonder who's going to win this time," Evan thought as he threw darts into a practice dummy. After eating, Evan had decided to practice with his darts just before the games. His aim wasn't bad however his skills were getting a bit dull from the lack of practice. He spent a long time just getting back up to speed and improving some. He didn't want to weigh down the team he was assigned too.

After taking out all the darts that impaled the training dummies Evan thought it was a good time to head to the edge of the forest. Chiron disliked it when campers were late to Capture the Flag.

--

Evan had arrived by the edge of the forest to see many heads and faces of many familiar demigods crowding around. His eyes bounced, examining faces and people.

"It doesn't seem like everyone is here yet," He thought, "Maybe I should have practiced more."

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Kira woke up well before dawn. She yawned loudly and stretched out. She got to her feet and grabbed a set of clean clothing and headed for the bathroom. Once there she did her hair up and got dressed and spent a grand amount of time getting herself ready. She didn't need to spend so much time getting ready. She knew she would look stunning no matter what she wore or how much make-up she had on. She ust did it to piss the others off in the cabin. Sure enough, there came a very loud banging on the door.

"Damn it Kira! Stop hogging the bathroom!" Crystal yelled. Kira grinned to herself.

"When you start waking up before me, you can spend as much time as I do in here!" Kira said with a laugh. She checked herself out again. Not one hair out of place. Perfect.

"Leave her alone Crys... She needs that extra time to compete with the rest of us," another voice said. Leanne. How typical. Kira swung the door open and strode past the two girls. She was the best looking one here, they were just jealous. She snatched her Camp Halfblood shirt off of her bed and put it on, tying it up the way she usually did.

"Don't be late! We have some stupid game to play!" Kira said rudely as she walked out the door.

~~~~~

When Kira arrived at the edge of the forest, she spotted many people she vaguely knew, but no one she felt like talking to.

"..."

Kira walked toward the group, but stood slightly removed from them all, putting out a general vibe of 'don't mess with me.' She looked around. They were all standing near the forest. Seems like they were waiting for everyone to get there.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Luna Cynthia Krescent
Camp Halfblood
Solissa

I woke up as I sensed the sun beginning to rise. I always woke up right before the sun rose, I figured it was because it meant the moon would be gone soon. I didn't like the sun, or at least, I didn't like it because I felt more comfortable under the moon, and the sun just had to outshine the moon. I sighed as I sat up, causing the wolf that lay at my feet to immediately sit up and leap off the bed.

"Morning Shadow..." I sighed as I swung my feet to the floor before I stood up. Once I got to my feet I gathered my clothes and headed to the bathroom. Shadow began to follow, but once I shut the bathroom door in his face he was forced to settle with sitting outside the door to wait for me. I set down my clothes, adjusted the shower, undressed and then stepped in. I was probably in the shower for about twenty minutes before there was a faint scratching at the door. Shadow was impatient as always.

I stepped out of the shower, dried off with my towel and pulled on my new set of clothes for the day. I brushed my hair, teeth, and did all the regular morning stuff. That was one thing that hadn't changed in recent times, whereas everything else was completely foreign to me. I was in a camp for demi gods - children of a god and a mortal. The sad thing was, until recently, I didn't believe in such things. Greek gods and goddesses were things of myth, and no matter how much I still wanted to believe they were, I couldn't. My real mother was apparently Artemis, goddess of the moon, which explained a lot. It also meant that I was adopted, which wasn't a very comforting thought and it only made these times even more awkward.

I opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom, Shadow leaping to his feet to follow me, I grabbed my weapons and stepped out of my cabin. I was one of two children of Artemis, so I guess that made me a bit unique compared to everyone else here. I slung my quiver and bag over my shoulder, put my bow on my back and tightened the belt that held my dagger.

"Finally, you awaken," I looked up to see Solissa, my cousin and a daughter of Apollo.

"Yeah, and the moon is gone. Pity," I said as I walked over to Solissa, Shadow making sure to keep close to me, almost too close as I nearly tripped on him a few times.

"Heh, maybe for you, but for me," Solissa smiled as she spread her arms out to the sky. "The sun is the best!" I laughed a little as she put her arms back down and we continued to walk.

After a few moments of silence, Solissa spoke once more, "So, ya ready for capture the flag today?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. At least it's Friday; it wouldn't be as much fun if it was a Monday morning or something." I said, "My brain must still be wired for school, 'cause I still don't like Monday's very much." Solissa laughed a little along with me.

"Yeah, well, this place is better than school, you've got to admit that." Solissa smiled, but my smile kind of faltered a little. I still wasn't sure if I liked being the child of a goddess. It was cool, no doubt, but it was also strange. I never believed that something like this could be true, and I found it hard enough to be around normal people, but when I was surrounded by demi gods full of expectations? I just wasn't sure I could live up to any expectations.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine." I glanced up at Solissa, who was giving a reassuring smile. "It doesn't matter what the others think or expect, you shouldn't care about any of that. You'll do fine, no matter what!" Solissa said encouragingly.

I sighed. I hadn't known Solissa for that long, only a few months, but she was a good friend. Seeing as her father was Apollo, god of so many things from what I read, including prophecy, I guess it would only be natural that I had made friends with one of Apollo's children. He was my mother's twin brother, after all. "Thanks," I said quietly.

"Wanna get in some target practice before we head to capture the flag?" Solissa was still smiling her bright smile, and I nodded as a smile of my own crept onto my face.

"Just one more..." I adjusted my aim ever so slightly as I readied myself to hit the last target. One last bulls-eye and I'd have Solissa beat for the day, and I didn't plan on missing. I relaxed my muscles as I concentrated, checking and rechecking my aim multiple times. I slowly exhaled as I pulled back the arrow... and let go. The air flew threw the air, piercing the center of the target within a second.

"Damn it! You beat me!" Solissa laughed as she ran to my side. Shadow had been sitting next to me, silent and observant. He knew not to bother me when I was in "the zone" and so he'd just sit there and watch. When I had first met Solissa, he was a bit wary when she got anywhere near me, but after a while he accepted that she would be around. He was still wary of most anybody else, though.

"Yep," I said confidently with a smirk on my face. "Time to go meet Chiron and the others," I said as I ripped my arrow from the target, set it in my quiver and returned the bow to my back.

"Heh, yeah. Too bad you won't be on my team, I'll have to settle for your brother." Solissa smirked as we headed to the edge of the forest to meet with the others.

"Yeah, too bad, 'cause it means you'll be on the losing team." I countered with a playfully arrogant smirk on my face.

"Oh, you wanna bet on that, girl?" Solissa stopped walking and turned towards me.

"Of course," I turned to Solissa and looked her in the eyes.

"The ushe'?" Solissa asked with a raised eyebrow.

"The ushe'," I agreed. "The ushe'," or the usual, consisted of ten bucks and a favor. The favor could be anything, and we'd have to follow through on it, no matter what. It could be asked immediately or saved for a later date, whichever was in the best interest of the victor. I planned on being the victor; there was no way I'd let Solissa win the bet.

We smiled and began to walk again, Shadow snorted and I knew that if he could, he'd be rolling his eyes. Within a few more moments, we were with all of the others at the edge of the forest. It seemed there were still quite a few people that needed to arrive, though.

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
Guinevere McCastor
Aphrodite Cabin

Gwen woke up at around 4 in the morning, as she usually did, and yawned heavily. Evidently she didn't get enough sleep, considering she slept late due to her sparring with Emil yesterday, but she had made it a policy to wake up at that time, and she wasn't going to violate that policy anytime soon. She pushed her way blindly through the wooden-boarded room until she found the light switch. At 4 AM, the brightness of her room really contrasted with the natural darkness outside, now that the moon was nestled cozily away from the sky. She grabbed a kettle from her bedside table and went to the nearest washbasin and filled the kettle with water. Then she made her way back to her bedside table and turned on the small oil stove she kept there. She grabbed a huge backpack from under her bed and pulled out several tea leaves that a Dionysus she managed to persuade got her. Pouring the hot water into a teacup and putting the tea leaves in, she patiently waited until the water gave off a pleasant fragrant, extracted the tea leaves with her teaspoon and carefully sipped her tea. The warmth it gave off felt nice in her throat, and comforted Gwen's body in the cold dawn air. "Ahh, that feels nice," she said to herself. After drinking half the cup Gwen made her way to the bathroom, leaving the half-drank tea on her bedside table. She stubbed her toe on a wood splinter in the floorboards and cussed to herself briefly, before stripping off her nightgown and pushing herself into the cold bathroom air.

She turned on the shower to the hottest possible temperature while wiping away the blood on her toe. After about fifteen seconds she turned down the heat of the shower. Because the hot water had released steam that spread all around the room, Gwen's previously cold body had gotten used to the warmth, but it still took her some time before she decided she was ready to face the heat of the shower. After she was done with that, she grabbed the towel she had carried over and wrapped it neatly around her body, and made her way back to her room. Being 5:30 AM then, the cabin outside her door was beginning to become noisier. Gwen grabbed one of her Camp Half-Blood T-Shirts from her wardrobe. She instinctively grabbed her jacket that was hung on her chair, but remembered that today was Capture the Flag day--not a very good day to be wearing an ankle-length jacket.

She went to her bedside table planning to finish the tea she made, but a knock on her door stopped her. She turned around and opened the door to face a blond boy, about her age, with a bored expression painted clear across his face.

"Hey Gwen, you've already showered? That sure's early," said Emil.

"Thanks, if that was a compliment. Whatcha doing here?"
asked Gwen.

"My room's pretty hectic right now. Alyssa and Theresa are at it again," Emil sighed, referring to his two same-father sisters who were fond of fighting with each other. "I came here for refuge."

Gwen's lips twitched up into a smile. "You'd think you would know better than to keep letting them sleep over in your room," Gwen remarked. Gwen moved inside to finish her tea, while Emil, who was carrying a towel and his clothes over his shoulder, headed for her bathroom. This had become a routine by now. Every once in a while Emil's sisters Alyssa and Theresa would have a sleepover with their older brother, Emil, who would always use Gwen's bathroom the following morning since Alyssa and Theresa would fight over who goes in the bathroom first.

After a while, Emil came out of the steaming bathroom, carrying his dirty clothes out of her room, and briefly thanked Gwen. "Oh, and don't forget we have Capture the Flag today. Show up," Emil said once he made it to the door.

"I know, get out of my room."

Gwen pulled out a bag of chips from the sack of food on top of her wardrobe, grabbed her rapier, fastened it to her hip and headed out to the forest. She met her friend Jessie along the way, and they chatted together about their mornings until they made it to the forest.

"Seems like we're ready for Capture the Flag," thirteen-years old Jessie enthused.

"Nah, we're still waiting for some people," said Gwen. She noticed Emil was one of the ones they were waiting for. Heh, and he told me to show up, she thought. While Jessie went somewhere to do talk with some of her friends from the other cabins, Gwen rested her back against a tree and silently waited for the others to come.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Joshua Alden Emeress
Forests edge
Josh smiled when he saw Ariala Davies waving at him and rose his hand up in return. She was still only thirteen, a new addition to the camp as of that year. Josh felt himself thinking that she was a sweet girl but then again her mother was Demeter, and she was pretty much the god of sweetness so it probably came from her mother...

Either way she seemed like a nice enough girl so, as pre-mentioned. Josh smiled and waved back.

A few other had arrived at the clearing,

The first he saw was Evan Hunyuh, Josh didn't know many of the people from Hermes very well, but he knew from what he'd gathered that Evan wasn't properly claimed yet. He hated that, the gods were supposed to have vowed to claim there children but so far the number of unclaimed demi-gods had only kind of decreased. Not a huge ammount and deffinetely not completely, but on the plus side at least the Gods had made an effort, his mother he knew had claimed all of her children. Josh tried but for some reason he couldn't remember the day he was claimed, or anything prior to that for that matter, but on the other hand it really didn't bother him too much.

The next person who caught his eye, and rightfully so, was Kira Locksly, a daughter of Aphrodite, it was hard for any guy in the clearing to not have her catch their eye when she arrived. Despite it all though Josh saw Kira as really snobby, if you're pretty then you should be gracious about it, not flaunt and use it as Josh had seen her do. He however did what his mother would have done and didn't judge the book by it's cover, so Josh prefered to ignore her.

Next up was Luna Cynthia Crescent, the one and only daughter of Artemis, she had a brother also who was the one and only son of Artemis, they shared and lived in Artemis' cabin alone. Other than the odd time Artemis' hunters visited of course, but that was unlikely to happen, it mgiht happen once per year if you were lucky. The overwhelming male prescense at camp... didn't particularly suit them.

Finnaly another of Athenas children strolled into the clearing. Guinivere McCastor, in Joshs oppinion she was just as pretty as Kira in Joshs oppinion, but seemed less full of herself. Meh, again Josh didn't really have that much an oppinion on her yet.

Josh felt a hand grab his shoulder and he spun around quickly activating his hidden blade.

"Hold it hot shot, it's just me." Angelo stood before him, the gruff Satyr had thick black hair and goats fur around his legs, he had a large rough untrimmed beard, all of his hair had small speckles of grey comming in signifying his age. Considering Satyrs age much slower than humans, Angelo was quite old.

Josh retracted his blade and sighed.

"You're the one who thought me to have those reflexes, this is clearly your fault for knowing that and sneaking up on me." Josh grumbled.

"Hahaha, you never change boy!" Angelo chuckled.

"Change upsets me." Josh muttered, sighing slemnly and closing his eyes in annoyance.

"Just like your mother." Angelo said.

"I suppose." Josh said, opening his eyes.

"You ready for todays capture the flag?" Angelo said.

"As ready as I could ever be, why do you ask?" Josh said suspicously.

"Well I am your keeper Josh, I worry for your safety." Angelo said sypatheticaly patting Joshs head.

Josh pushed Angelos hand away from him.

"Believe me Angelo, you've made me fear for my life more times than that forest." Josh sighed.

"haha... HAHAHA!" Angelo bellowed a loud and hearty laugh.

"Oh Josh... you're too much of a jokester."

"Angelo... first things first it wasn't a joke and second things second it wasn't even that fu..."

"Whatever Merlin!" Angelo interupted.

In relation to the Arthurian legend, (and just so you know, it IS a legend, I know the greeks gods were legends but this is really just a legend, go figure.) the wizard Merlins true name was Emeress, this happened to be Joshs last name, so Angelo would often joke and call him Merlin, just to annoy him.

"Good luck CTF then." Angelo walked off cockily.

"Don't call me Merlin!" Josh shouted after him.

"Thats just another thing that's not funny." Angelo couldn't even hear him at this point.

Josh sighed and crossed his arms, a grumpy expression on his face, he waited for the others to arrive so the games could begin.​

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Alex Newton
Ares Cabin, Camp Halfblood

"... Alexander."

"Huh? You again? Goddammit, stop appearing in my dreams, old man. I don't have time for you."

"... Shut up. Cocky little kid. I come here to warn ya about what's gonna happen, and you're whining about it."

"Warn me?"

"Yeah, warn ya. Now listen, there's a big war coming up, and you'll need to fight. The end."

"... That's it? The end? That's what you came to warn me about?"

"... Pretty much, yeah. There are a few more important details, but I'm not gonna be telling ya."

My eyes grew a dark red, I was growing madder and madder by the second. The old man, in his leather jacket, and his shades was just annoying me. The man looked at me with a amused look, obviously finding all of this funny. He just seemed like a guy who found annoying others fun.

"Ooh, I see your eyes are red. Just like your father."

"My... father?"

The man smiled, and removed his shades. The last thing I saw was fire, bright, hot fire in his eyes. Enough to make me suddenly feel like sweating. That was the last thing I saw before everything went black.

----------------

"ALEX... ALEX WAKE UP ALREADY!"

I got up with a start, getting up upright in my bed. I was sweating, but I felt really cold. I had a huge headache, and I gripped my forehead. There was a boy sitting beside my bed, and even in my rather dazed state, I recognized him as Benjamin, the weakest kid in the Ares Cabin. He was quite a good friend of mine, always looking out for me. Even though he was the weakest in the Ares Cabin, he could easily take on a kid from the other cabins one on one though.

"Hey, you're awake, you big slug." He said, with a grin, punching my arm lightly... or at least, I felt it lightly, knowing him, he might've been using his full strength. He then noticed the rather pained expression I had, and looked at me worriedly.

"Hey, big guy, you okay?" He asked with concern. I was feeling a lot better now, and got out of bed.

"Yeah, pretty okay. Just another one of em dreams. By the way, do you happen to know whether Ares is a snob wearing a leather jacket and shades, like me? Having eyes with fire in them?" I asked, pretty casually.

"Uh, I haven't seen him in person, so I don't know... but why?" He asked, looking at me with a suspicious look. If somebody else would've given me that look, they would've been missing their eyeballs by now, but I made an exception for ol' Benjamin.

"Meh, never mind." I said, waving my hand. I was hoping he would drop the topic, and luckily he did.

"Hey, you remember what today is, right?" He said, with a look of playfulness. I looked at him with a dumb look for a second.

"What... today... is...? OH SNAP!" I yelled, as it hit me. "TODAY IS CAPTURE THE FLAG! MAH FA-VOR-ITE!" I yelled, as I quickly got dressed up, so fast that it felt like I was in a movie, and somebody had pressed the fast forward button. As soon as I was ready, I rushed over to my buddy, Benjamin.

He looked at me with a grin, and pointed down at my shoes. I looked down, and realized that I was wearing them the wrong way. My face grew a bit red, and I immediately put them on right. I got back up straight, and patted Benjamin on his back, as the both of us set out for the forest.

"Soooooo, Benjy, ya think you'll be able to do well in the game?" I said, punching him on his arm. His whole body shook, and I made a mental note to just pat him on the back from now on.

"Don't call me Benjy. And yeah, I think I should. I mean, I got you on my team..." He said, glancing at me expectantly.

"Well, a true warrior should fight his own battles! But okay, I'll help ya out this time." I said, winking at him. He smiled, and we both reached the forest's edge. Already quite a crowd had gathered, and I was getting quite impatient standing around. I couldn't wait to get in the forest and fight it out.

I saw Mr. D and Chiron, the friendly Satyr, walk over to the front of the whole mass of people. he was not in his usual wheelchair form, but obviously, in a place where you are surrounded by such creatures, who would want to remain hidden?

Everybody quietened down, listening intently to Chiron's announcement. I could sense a buzz of excitement in the place, eager to play every demigods favorite game, Capture The Flag.

"Good morning, young demigods! Like all of you know, today is the day we play Capture the Flag after quite a long time!" He said, with a smile. He then motioned to Mr. D to speak, and start the game. Mr. D looked at him with a bored look, and walked forward.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's start." He said, waving his hand, and walked away from the place, back to the Big House. I rolled my eyes, thinking how big of an a** he was. But then again, he was the god of wine. If I dared to speak out aloud, he probably might strangle me with a vine or something, or maybe just drown me in wine. The possibilities of dying were endless here.

Chiron sighed, as he watched him go. He shrugged, then again got to the front, about to explain the rules.

"Okay, demigods, the rules. I know most of you already know them, but it is my duty to inform all of you again." He said, and then took out a scroll from his bag. He started to read the rules out aloud.

"Number one: The creek is the boundary line." He motioned to the direction of the creek, and I peeped out just to make a note of it.

"The entire forest is fair game.
All magic items are allowed.
The flags must be prominently displayed and can have no more than two guards.
Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged."

I chuckled at the prisoners rule. I would very much like to take some prisoners, but... it probably would be no use. Maybe he could beat the location of the flag out of them... but nothing more.

"No killing or maiming is allowed"

I heard a few others around me from the Ares cabin groan too. Well, even though we all loved killing... Killing somebody over a game was stupid. I would kill the guy who killed somebody over a game. I smiled at the thought of killing a few of my enemies, but then turned my attention back to the rules. If I remembered correctly, there was only one more left.

"Guards aren't allowed to stand within ten yards of the flag." Chiron finished, and rolled the scroll and put it back into his bag. The only thing left right now was the teams to be announced. Chiron took out another scroll, and said, "Okay, now. The teams for today's Capture the Flag are...

Children of cabins - Aphrodite, Demeter, Apollo and Hermes with the Red Flag.

VS.

Children of cabins - Ares, Hephaestus, Athena and Dionysus with the Blue Flag." He said, as he rolled up his scroll. He then remembered something, and said, "Oh, and yes, the lone 2 children of Artemis... you are going to be divided into the 2 teams. Jared Angelo, you are in the red team. And Luna Cynthia Krescent, you are in the Blue team. And from now onwards, you have exactly an hour to get prepared for the game, after which we shall begin. Good luck to all of you." He said, smiling, then he walked away.

Excellent, I thought. Athena's cabin was with me. With their planning, and our brawn, we could easily win this game. I looked over to where I could spot a child of Athena, and saw the guy named Josh standing there, with a grumpy expression. I walked over to him, with Benjamin by my side, and spoke to him. "Hey, kid. You're Athena's kid right? I plannin' on you to help our team win. Can you formulate a plan for us?" I asked him.

I saw as my trusty wolf walked in from the woods, and settled down by my side. I petted him gently on his head, as he looked towards the forest, as if he was ready to fight in the game as well.

"No, Link. You're not going to be in the game." I ordered him. The wolf gave a whine, but stayed quiet, not moving. I saw Benjamin smile from the corner of my eyes, but I didn't say anything. I was pretty ready for the game myself. My sword was by my side, my shield was on my arm. All I needed was my armor... and a good plan. The reasonable thing here would be getting a person from all the cabins in the Blue team together, and discuss a plan, but for that he would have to know the people as well. So far, he knew that from the Hephaestus cabin he could call Maddox, and Luna had to be called anyways. But for now, he waited for the boy in front of him, Josh, to come up with a plan....

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Noooo! Don't start without me! :P

Jared Angelo
Camp Half-Blood
Artemis Cabin

The Artemis Cabin was entirely quite, as its only two inhabitants lay in their beds. Jared Angelo was one of these inhabitants, he'd been dreaming some of the weirdest dreams lately. Last night he was so worn out from chasing a deer he got in bed with bow still in hand and quiver lying on the floor. Right now, he was only half awake. Jared never was a morning person, and that was mainly because his mother was a god. The goddess of the moon, to be exact. Which sucked, because here Jared wasn't allowed to stay up late. This was Camp Half-Blood, a camp for Demigods-like, half human-half gods. Jared had been placed there over a year ago and, despite everything, he still was not used to it. The morning wake-up routines, the training exercises, and least of all, a little game called Capture the flag. Seriously, it was a baby game, so what was the point? He'd only played it a few times, but he could tell it was pointless. Jared figured the Camp didn't have routines suited or nocturnal Demigods, since there weren't supposed to be any. Artemis, Jared's mother, was a virgin goddess, last time he checked. (Which was for a rather annoying Greek Mythology research project) So why would she go ahead and break her vow? It didn't matter much to Jared, what was done was done. And Jared just had to live with it. Besides, Camp Half-Blood wasn't all bad. Jared felt like he fit in here, practically everyone was his cousin. Which was kind of gross considering the amount of couples around here.

Suddenly, Jared heard footsteps. That would be his only roommate-and half-sister-Luna...something. Jared really couldn't remember. He peeped his eye open just in time to see her enter the bathroom. There was something outside the door though, it looked like a dog, and it was rubbing its muzzle because Jared's sister had just slammed the door in its face. What she was saying was inaudible, considering Jared was still half asleep, but soon she got out of the shower area, already dressed. She did a bunch of other stuff, seemingly normal stuff for a Demigod, Jared thought. After all that, she rushed out to meet some other person, Jared heard them talking for a while before leaving. The dog following her.

After she was gone, Jared took it as his cue to get out of here. Luckily he was fully awake by now, he got up, wobbly-legged, and went to the bathroom. Jared had taken a shower last night, so he didn't see why he should in the morning. He crouched down to the bottom cabinet: the one with all his stuff in it, and took out a deodorant. Jared never really read the labels, he just smelled it to see if it was good, and sprayed it on his chest. Next, he took a toothbrush, sprayed it with water, lay a layer of toothpaste on it, and brushed. After rinsing, he put on his usual Camp Half-Blood clothes, and his Artemis bracelet. As he walked for the door, he suddenly tripped and fell on his elbows. He looked back and saw that his quiver was still lying on the floor from last night. "Stupid, stupid!" he muttered as he got up and picked up his quiver. The thing was still as beautiful as ever, Jared sometimes thought it had some spell around it so it couldn't be scratched. In the year that Jared had 'abused' it, it still hadn't lost any paint. He looked to his bed where he saw his beautiful Artemis Bow still lying there, as if waiting to be used again. Jared went over to his bed and took his bow. He strapped his quiver back onto his back and twirled the bow in his hand as he went for the door once again. Half expecting to trip again, he took a step outside.

The camp was busy as ever, Demigods were walking around here and there, some droopy from being woken up so early, others ready to start the day. Most of these would be from the Apollo Cabin. Jared rolled his eyes. What's so great about the sun anyway? He thought. He also thought he better start his training exercises and then head off for Archery practice. Today was also Capture the flag, which is why Jared hated Fridays.

***​

After the usual routine: Push-ups, sit-ups, and all the other exercises that had no name, he walked his way up to the training area. There were various training routines one could take, but Jared liked nothing more than a nice- "Hey bruvah, what's up?!" a voice came from Jared's left. He turned to find his best friend T-J standing next to him. T-J was a son of Hermes, and Jared's best friend. He was black, and was wearing his regular Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt. Although he preferred to stick with army trousers. "Heeey, T-J, it's cool, it's cool." Jared said, as they knuckle-bumped. T-J was still wearing his flying shoes, it was annoying how he tended to fly around camp with them, really. T-J didn't train much, in fact, he was pretty skinny. He was also a few inches shorter than Jared. "Stain' in shape, I see." Jared teased. "Shut up, ya fitness nut." T-J struck back. Jared had to admit he was right, he could be a fitness nut from time to time.
The two strolled into the archery section of the training grounds and saw a few targets already stricken hundreds of times. And still being stricken hundreds of times. It was here that Jared was certain he would find his friend Henri, a child of Apollo. He always beat him to the training room. And sure enough, there he stood proud as ever, basking in his fancy sunlight. "Hey, Henri, 'sup?" T-J blurted. Henri turned around to face the twosome, he lowered his bow and said, "He-hey, how's it up people?" Henri greeted them. Funny enough, that's what T-J had just asked, but Henri had made that his greeting and he wasn't going to change it. He wore the usual Camp Half-Blood shirt, under a zipped hoodie that he had been given last Christmas. "Come on Jared, let's get sushi." Henri said. Henri was a master of metaphors, like for instance, 'Let's get sushi' meant 'Let's do target practice' which was kind of weird, but funny too. Sometimes Henri used the stupidest metaphor, and they'd all laugh their butts off. Usually at dinner, which was annoying because you had a mouthful of food.

"Alright." Jared said, simply. He pulled an arrow from his quiver and got his bow up straight. "T-J, throwdown." Henri said, which was Henri-an for "Do a coin-toss." Henri wasn't like this all the time, but occasionally his metaphors were only understandable to his friends. T-J grabbed a coin from his pocket, an ancient Greek coin at that, and threw it up into the air. He caught it it and said "Heads". Now everyone knew 'heads' was just another word for 'Henri' so that meant he got first shot. Without hesitation he pulled an arrow from his quiver, placed the end between his fingers, pulled the strong back and shot. The arrow struck right in the middle of the 20-feet target. Jared had next shot, he grabbed his arrow, pulled back the strong of Artemis's Bow and shot the arrow. It lunged through the air, and struck right beside Jared's arrow. Upon closer inspection, it turned out that Jared's arrow had sliced off the right-side plumes of Henri's arrow. Henri chuckled. "Dude, that's the fourth arrow this week." he said. "But you still got less points than me." Henri teased.

Next up was the 30-feet target, and Henri had first shot. His arrow sliced through the air, and managed to strike the 8 ring. Next was Jared, who was determined to do better. He took his arrow from the quiver, placed it upon his bow and aimed it at the target. If he wanted to get better than the 8-ring, he had to try hard. The annoying thing was that Henri's power was boosted in the sun, which wasn't fair. But it was like this every day. Jared sighed, and launched his arrow. It struck on the 9-ring, which was a first on the 30-feet target against Henri, who almost always won.
"Well, well, brother. Looks like you finally beet me on the thirty." Henri said. "And I pinned you on the twenty, so there's only one way to settle this. Bring out...the thirty point one." Henri said in a dramatic tone. Jared hated the thirty point one, because his best record on that was the 4-ring, which really sucked, especially for a Demigod. The only trick to it was to move the thirty feet target one centimeter further. It may not have seemed to make that much difference, but it seemed like being a Demigod meant you had your limits programmed before you were born. One centimeter too much and you suddenly fell to the rank of amateur.

The son of Apollo, Henri had the first shot. He launched his arrow as fast he could, which was a mistake. It struck the 5-ring. When Jared took his arrow out, he was pretty sure he was gonna lose again, so there was only one thing to do: try to destroy Henri's arrow. It was hard to do, but in these matches, when you managed to do it, your opponent's points drop back to zero. This was Jared's lucky day, as he pulled the strong back as far as he could, and launched the arrow, it struck right on Henri's arrow and sliced it in two. "What?! That's illegal!" Henri teased. "Ha, it's illegal for you to lose." Jared said, arms crossed and staring at his victory.

***​

Unfortunately, the fun was soon to end. Jared had to make his way over to the Capture the flag game. As stated before, he hated this game. As the three neared the edge of the forest, Jared and T-J broke off from Henri, who went to go join the Blue team. Jared thought about it, and he didn't understand why he and his sister had to be on separate teams. After all, they were both children of Artemis. Even here, Jared was treated like the odd child.

Among the crowd of the Red team, Jared was sure he could hear a familiar voice. He looked around and finally found its source: A girl with a quiver and a bow, probably a child of Apollo. This voice was easily recognizable for some reason, and Jared was sure it was the person that his sister Luna had been talking near the Artemis cabin.

As Jared listened to Chiron explain the rules of the game all over again, he asked T-J "Hey, T-J, do you like this game?" T-J chuckled and replied "Umm, duh, who doesn't?" Jared chuckled lightly at this. "I don't." he said.

Conjurer

The Verdant
Years
Guinevere McCastor
Daughter of Aphrodite
Edge of the Forest

Guinevere, her back still rested against the tree, began to analyze her surroundings. There were a bunch of people who just came, and Gwen identified them to be children of Ares; one in particular caught her attention. He had a buff, muscular physique and brown hair so dark that at first glance she thought it was black. He seemed to be very excited about the game. She wasn't. Sports weren't her thing, except if it happened to be jousting. But Capture the Flag was one of her specialties--using her beauty, she could just seduce the other participants, particularly the weaker-willed ones, into giving her information as to where their flag is hidden. Then again, she did share this ability with the rest of the Aphrodite cabin. She also noticed that a boy--an Athena, if she wasn't mistaken--was squabbling with a fairly old Satyr.

"Good luck CTF then," the Satyr said, which didn't seem to please the boy very much.

"Don't call me Merlin!" the boy shouted after him, although since Gwen had been listening into their conversation too late she didn't know what he was talking about.

Suddenly everybody quieted down, which blew Gwen away from her silent observation. When she looked around to find what silenced the crowd, she could see it plainly clear enough--Chiron, the centaur. It was obviously around time for the game to start, though some people still weren't there, including Emil. Chiron began to announce the basics of the game.

---The Basics, as posted by -Deep Impact---

"Good morning, young demigods! Like all of you know, today is the day we play Capture the Flag after quite a long time!" He said, with a smile. He then motioned to Mr. D to speak, and start the game. Mr. D looked at him with a bored look, and walked forward.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's start." He said, waving his hand, and walked away from the place, back to the Big House. I rolled my eyes, thinking how big of an a** he was. But then again, he was the god of wine. If I dared to speak out aloud, he probably might strangle me with a vine or something, or maybe just drown me in wine. The possibilities of dying were endless here.

Chiron sighed, as he watched him go. He shrugged, then again got to the front, about to explain the rules.

"Okay, demigods, the rules. I know most of you already know them, but it is my duty to inform all of you again." He said, and then took out a scroll from his bag. He started to read the rules out aloud.

"Number one: The creek is the boundary line." He motioned to the direction of the creek, and I peeped out just to make a note of it.

"The entire forest is fair game.
All magic items are allowed.
The flags must be prominently displayed and can have no more than two guards.
Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged."

I chuckled at the prisoners rule. I would very much like to take some prisoners, but... it probably would be no use. Maybe he could beat the location of the flag out of them... but nothing more.

"No killing or maiming is allowed"

I heard a few others around me from the Ares cabin groan too. Well, even though we all loved killing... Killing somebody over a game was stupid. I would kill the guy who killed somebody over a game. I smiled at the thought of killing a few of my enemies, but then turned my attention back to the rules. If I remembered correctly, there was only one more left.

"Guards aren't allowed to stand within ten yards of the flag." Chiron finished, and rolled the scroll and put it back into his bag. The only thing left right now was the teams to be announced. Chiron took out another scroll, and said, "Okay, now. The teams for today's Capture the Flag are...

Children of cabins - Aphrodite, Demeter, Apollo and Hermes with the Red Flag.

VS.

Children of cabins - Ares, Hephaestus, Athena and Dionysus with the Blue Flag."
He said, as he rolled up his scroll. He then remembered something, and said, "Oh, and yes, the lone 2 children of Artemis... you are going to be divided into the 2 teams. Jared Angelo, you are in the red team. And Luna Cynthia Krescent, you are in the Blue team. And from now onwards, you have exactly an hour to get prepared for the game, after which we shall begin. Good luck to all of you." He said, smiling, then he walked away.

---

That's...actually a pretty balanced matchup, Gwen thought, contradicting everyone else who was sure the combination of Ares and Athena was unstoppable. Their strategy won't be as direct, but it would be fairly effective nonetheless. The Aphrodites can squeeze out information of the flag from just about anybody if they played their cards right. The Demeters can provide invaluable assistance to players who are hurt, thanks to their expertise of herbs and plants. The Apollos and the Artemis boy can use their arrows to pick off the enemies who proved to be threatening enough from a safe distance, and when it comes to grabbing the flag after locating it, the Hermeses' ability of flight is an invaluable asset.

"Alright, guess it's time for preparations,"
Gwen mumbled to herself. She was lost in her train of thoughts, planning strategies, until someone patted her in the back. She turned around to find Emil and his two little sisters, who finally arrived.

"'Sup. Me and the twin brats are going on a recon trip. Coming?" he asked briefly.

"Nah. I'm gonna do some thinking about our strategy for the game and discuss it with some other guys," she replied. Emil shrugged.

"Your loss. Oh, and put these on, by the way." Emil handed her a chainmail and two arm protectors, and left with his sisters.

"Thanks," Gwen said briefly, though Emil didn't hear her. She put on the chainmail, but since the arm protectors were too loose on her rather bony arms, she hid them in a bush to give back to Emil later.

She then made her way to meet some other people. One, she recognized, is Kira Locksly. She didn't look like she was up for a conversation, but Gwen didn't care either way.

"So, what are you planning for the game?" asked Gwen.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Joshua Alden Emeress
Forests edge​

Josh smiled as Alex approached him.​

Josh did enjoy working with Ares cabin, for two reasons.​

One, they worked well together providing brains and brawn. Two, they were VERY easy to wind up. Josh had intended to begin "the winding up" process when he heard Alex speak.​

"Hey, kid. You're Athena's kid right? I plannin' on you to help our team win. Can you formulate a plan for us?" Alex said.​

*Thats not that dumb an idea, for an Ares.* Josh thought.​

"Just try and stop me!" He said happily.​

Josh walked over to a nearby stump and laid out a map of camp half-blood. He waved his arm at the Athena, Ares, Hephaestus and Dionysus cabins and also Luna to signal them over. Once everyone was standing around he began to describe the map and battle-plan. He let his knowledge flow through him and prayed to Athena in his mind so that she may bolster his knowledge.​

"As everyone knows, or at least should know..." A quick but unnoticable glance was shot at the Dionysus kids.​

"The forest is divided into two sections by the center creek, as team blue our flag is in the bottom left of the forest and the red teams is in the top right, the creek cuts diagonally through the middle, making the flags on either side as far away from each other as possible and the creek as the main colliding point for both teams." Josh explained.​

"So first things first we need some guards for our flag, I give the possition to Jennifer from my own cabin." Jennifer nodded at Joshs request.​

"Sam I would also like you to choose one of your Ares' to be our second flag guard, the rest of the Ares, supported by those from Dionysus' will meet the enemy at the creek... Now my fellow children of Athena, we have numbers to our advantage. Apart from Jenn we have thirteen in our group so we split into two groups of six and seven. The smaller group is A1 and the bigger group is A2. We'll start with A2, your the backup, wait for Sam to give somekind of signal and then come in to help with the main battle. Now A1, I'll be leading this group, we'll be taking half of the Hephaestus cabin, in other words four of them, as silently as possible to the other side of the creek. Once there Hephaestus can use their craftsmanship to set up traps for the forces I'm hoping we can push back, we'll then push forward and attempt to secure the flag. As for the rest of Hephaestus, you'll be doing the opposite of your siblings and setting up barricades on our side of the creek. Luna you will accompany A1 and try to keep us safe with your bow and pick off enemies from afar." Josh finished the strategy and rolled up the map.​

"So..." he said.​

"Is everyone clear on what they have to do?"​

Last edited:

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Maddox Oquirrh
Hephaestus cabin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maddox Oquirrh woke to the sound of his alarm buzzing. He pressed a button on the wall and the buzzing stopped. He sat up and hit another button on the wall. The steel frame of the bed began to hum and move upwards with familiar clanks. When the bunk halted in the main room of the Hephaestus cabin, he saw a few beds already folded up against the wall. He grabbed his bathroom bag from the foot of his bed and flicked a switch near it. A steel latter descended from his bunk. He climbed down it and started to the boys bathroom. He took a cold shower, put on his clothes and went to the sink. He brushed his teeth and tried in vain to wash all the soot off his face. Besides in the stainless steel bathroom, soot and dust was everywhere in the Hephaestus cabin and workshop, after a while, it was almost impossible to rub of.

He walked out of the boys bathroom and back to his bunk. He found Ergaleio, the boy who's bunk was under his, was awake and sitting on his bed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His real name was Jeffery Jameson, but everyone in the cabin called him Ergaleio because Ergaleio was the greek work for tools, which he was great with. In fact, he was one of the most skilled with tools in the whole cabin, even though he was only 13. He was also one of Maddox's closest friends in the cabin every since Ergaleio was claimed.

"What's up? Is there rust in your eyes?" Maddox joked

"Haha. how'd you sleep, X?" Ergaleio asked, screwing some nails into whatever contraption he was working on now. "Hey, capture the flag today. Better get in gear."

"Best pun yet" Maddox murmured climbing into his bunk. After making his bed, he pulled out some tools of his own design and opened his right arm which was made of Celestial bronze, also of his own design. He tightened bolts, pulled chains taught, oiled parts, set gears straight, recoiled copper that insulated his arm, pressed some control buttons, exchanged worn and rusted parts for new ones, fixed some bent springs, and literally got in gear. Lastly he grabbed a sterling silver ring with a hammer etched on it. After the closed and locked his arm, he climbed down from from his bunk. He folded the bed against the wall and began to put on his armor. Soon he had left the cabin with a clean Ergaleio.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maddox and Ergaleio finally made it running to the forest clearing just in time to hear Chiron the centaur announce the rules and the teams. He was disappointed that he would be paired with Ares cabin, he detested those brainless, bloodthirsty bullies, however, they were strong offense. Athena cabin was always good, after all, their mother was the goddess of battle strategy. It would be hard getting around the Hermes and Apollo cabin, and in the forest Demeter had the upper hand, but he was sure they would win, especially if Hephaestus's magical item were allowed. He walked over to where the blue team was gathering. He saw Josh, another friend from the Athena cabin, they had also been friends a while. A large guy was standing in front of him, definitely from the Ares cabin. Maddox was pretty sure his name was Al or something. He was more than likely questioning Josh about a strategy. Maddox called over to them, teeling Al to quit it, but they didn't seem to hear him. The group was gathering around Josh and a tree stump, so Maddox gave up his attempt. He jogged to hear their plan.

"Now A1, I'll be leading this group, we'll be taking half of the Hephaestus cabin, in other words four of them, as silently as possible to the other side of the creek. Once there Hephaestus can use their craftsmanship to set up traps for the forces I'm hoping we can push back, we'll then push forward and attempt to secure the flag. As for the rest of Hephaestus, you'll be doing the opposite of your siblings and setting up barricades on our side of the creek." He caught Josh saying. He also talked about what everyone else would be doing. As always, his plans were perfect, or as perfect as plans could get. No doubt the red team would have a good plan as well, also playing to their cabin's advantages. Their were nine kids in the Hephaestus cabin, so five would be staying as defense, this probably included Ergaleio as he was a wiz with traps. Maddox, on the other hand, would definitely prefer accompanying A1 as offense. Besidesbeing good with traps, he was excellent with a hammer and fire, two of his arm's features.

"Sounds like a plan" Maddox spoke up from the back of the group smiling at Josh. Then he turned towards his cabin "OK, who wants to be offense" five of them of them rose their hands, he chose three to accompany him. The other five would stay back and guard the flag. Again he turned to Josh "let's do this."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Luna Cynthia Krescent
Camp Halfblood
Battle Strategies, with A1 steaksauce

"Hey, I think it's about to start," Solissa said as she motioned for everyone in our immediate area to be quiet. The centaur, Chiron, was no at the head of the assembled mass, seemingly read to start the game.

"Good morning, young demigods! Like all of you know, today is the day we play Capture the Flag after quite a long time!" Chiron said, motioning to Mr. D, or Dionysus, to speak.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's start." Dionysus said, waving his hand as he walked away from the place, back to the Big House. Chiron sighed, as he watched him go. He shrugged, then again got to the front, about to explain the rules.

"Okay, demigods, the rules. I know most of you already know them, but it is my duty to inform all of you again." Chiron said before he pulle out a scroll that apparently contained the rules. "Number one: The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The flags must be prominently displayed and can have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged."

"No killing or maiming is allowed" That statement was followed by a series of groans from the kids from the Ares cabin. Pathetic. All they cared about was violence and being the strongest, they were no better than any of the people I despised back in the real world. Yes, the real world, where I didn't have to worry about any of this demi god nonsense. I was disappointed that I had to share the same air as people like that... people that were too similar to the Ares' kids for my liking.

"Guards aren't allowed to stand within ten yards of the flag." Chiron rolled up the scroll before he produced a second scroll that he began to read from, "Okay, now. The teams for today's Capture the Flag are children of cabins: Aphrodite, Demeter, Apollo and Hermes with the Red Flag. Versus children of cabins: Ares, Hephaestus, Athena and Dionysus with the Blue Flag." He rolled up the scroll before it seemed that he remembered something. Most likely something about us Artemis kids, since he had said nothing about us. "Oh, and yes, the lone two children of Artemis... you are going to be divided into the two teams. Jared Angelo, you are in the red team. And Luna Cynthia Krescent, you are in the Blue team. And from now onwards, you have exactly an hour to get prepared for the game, after which we shall begin. Good luck to all of you."

"Heh, looks like you got singled out," Solissa said as everyone resumed talking. "Or... uh, kinda. Singled out alongside your brother."

"Hmph, comforting." I sighed. I knew we were only singled out because there was only two of us, and we needed to be divided to make the teams fair, but it also made it seem like people expected things from us. From me. I didn't like expectations, I could not live up to them. I tried to express that as much as possible, but there were always some expectations thrust upon me. I mindlessly wrapped my hand around the crescent moon on my necklace. It was an odd thing of comfort, but as long as it brought any amount of comfort I didn't care what it was.

"Well, I better get going," Solissa gave a short wave good-bye before she turned away from me and walked off to join the other red team members.

"See ya," I waved back as I turned to the other blue team members. Everybody was now beginning to gather around an Athena kid, Josh I believe. I joined them after a slight moment of hesitation, there was no point in missing our battle plans.

"As everyone knows, or at least should know..." Josh began as I approached the group. "The forest is divided into two sections by the center creek, as team blue our flag is in the bottom left of the forest and the red teams is in the top right, the creek cuts diagonally through the middle, making the flags on either side as far away from each other as possible and the creek as the main colliding point for both teams." Josh explained, something we probably all knew well enough. We hadn't been in the forest for a few weeks, but I remembered it perfectly. There was no way I'd forget it so quickly, I was partly in my element when I was in there. The only thing that could make it better really was if it was nighttime when we played. Sadly, it wasn't.​

"So first things first we need some guards for our flag, I give the position to Jennifer from my own cabin." I glanced over at the girl, Jennifer, who nodded. "Sam, I would also like you to choose one of your Ares' to be our second flag guard, the rest of the Ares, supported by those from Dionysus', will meet the enemy at the creek... Now my fellow children of Athena, we have numbers to our advantage. Apart from Jenn we have thirteen in our group so we split into two groups of six and seven. The smaller group is A1 and the bigger group is A2. We'll start with A2, you're the backup, wait for Sam to give some kind of signal and then come in to help with the main battle. Now A1, I'll be leading this group, we'll be taking half of the Hephaestus cabin, in other words four of them, as silently as possible to the other side of the creek. Once there Hephaestus can use their craftsmanship to set up traps for the forces I'm hoping we can push back, we'll then push forward and attempt to secure the flag. As for the rest of Hephaestus, you'll be doing the opposite of your siblings and setting up barricades on our side of the creek. Luna you will accompany A1 and try to keep us safe with your bow and pick off enemies from afar." Josh rolled up the map as he finished, and I gave a quick nod. He came up with all that rather quickly, and it seemed that he barely would have had time to breathe as he explained the entire plan without pausing.​

"So..." He said, "Is everyone clear on what they have to do?"

I glanced around the group quickly, once more gripping my necklace. Of course I was singled out again. I just hoped that these people weren't expecting the world from me, I wasn't sure I could even give them the forest without the assistance of the moon.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine." I heard a voice play through my head. At first I didn't really notice it, and I figured it was just me remembering what Solissa had said earlier.

"I hope so..." I mumbled.​

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Joshua Alden Emeress
Forests edge​

Josh looked at Luna curiously as she spoke.

"I hope so..."

"You hope so?" Josh asked.

"Well if you need a bit more help understanding your position I could better expl... what the...?" Josh trailed off as a massive owl, about three times the size of a normal one charged towards him.

"W...Wait hang on a se.... WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" The owl grabbed Josh and flew him over the camp. Bringing him back to his cabin and glaring at him, as it dropped him.

Josh reached for his owl amulet and grasped it in both hands, causing his blade to shoot out from in between his hands and the owl pendant to mold into a hilt.

"Put that away you stupid child." The owl said.

"Oh it can talk now can it? Interesting. I wonder if I aim right could I slice those vocal cords right on out...?" Josh threatened.

"Stupid boy, I come bearing a warning... not to harm you but protect you, your mother sent me, I am her wise owl, the one carved into the statues and painted on the pictures alongside her!" The owl grumbled.

"Hmmmm..." Josh retracted his blade.

"Thats a pretty big statement, logic would state that jusging by your size, ability to talk and outrageous claims, I believe you. For only a madman would make those claims... either a madman, or somebody who couldn't give another answer... because they're previous answer was the truth." Josh muttered.

"Backwards logic." The owl mocked.

"Backwards logic is sometimes the only logic that makes sense." Josh retorted.

"My my, aren't you quite the little brainiac aren't you, you're mother would be proud." The owl smiled.

"You mentioned a warning..." Josh said impatiently.

"Yes... your mother told me to warn you of a great danger approaching... something that could, can and will destroy the world... a war of the Gods." The owl sighed.

"Oh really... when?" Josh questioned.

"At this rate, within the next few months." The owl muttered.

"Then this is very bad." Josh said, worry thick in his voice.

"What can we do?"

"For now? Nothing."

"Surely theres something?!"

"No. Not yet..."

"But surely..."

"Not yet... young demi-god, but the time will come."

"Stop with this cryptic nonsense bird! What can be done?!"

"I must take leave now, my young friend, I will inform your mother of your regards."

"Wait!.... WAIT!" Josh cried, but the owl was already flapping into the distance.

Was he telling the truth? Was there a war of the Gods?" Josh couldn't tell, but for now he wouldn't tell the others of the owls words.

He slowly trudged his way back to the forest entrance and slumped on a stool.

He didn't know what to do now, he felt like suddenly things had fallen apart out of nowehere, a war of the Gods? This was bad... VERY bad.

Back