• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Pokemon Fact : Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe were the first Pokemon to be created by a western designer, James Turner, some dude from amrica..Suitable for an American to think about ice cream when it tries to create a new Pokemon lol

Well, for one, James Turner is actually British. If that was some attempt at snobbery towards Americans, it looks like it might have backfired on you.

And, secondly, how exactly is an ice cream cone any less ridiculous than some of the other ideas we've gotten out of Pokémon? Hell, Rotom is a Pokémon that turns into a washing machine, microwave, refrigerator, lawn mower, and room fan.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Dunsparce. And frankly, it is merely because I'm biased and personal and harbor very real hatred toward it.

Killed my Honedge on my X nuzlocke. Deserves all the rain of Hades it shall ever see coming to it.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Well, for one, James Turner is actually British. If that was some attempt at snobbery towards Americans, it looks like it might have backfired on you.

And, secondly, how exactly is an ice cream cone any less ridiculous than some of the other ideas we've gotten out of Pokémon? Hell, Rotom is a Pokémon that turns into a washing machine, microwave, refrigerator, lawn mower, and room fan.

They might have not known he was british, and don't assume they were making fun of Americans we don't want any stupid arguments here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    I never liked Zigzagoon. It always popped up in Ruby and i was so annoyed by it. Zigzagoon & Linoone are boring designs as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    Delibird... just, Delibird.

Most of the gimmick pokemon who aren't useful in battle have some appeal. Not this bird.

Years
  • I'd have to agree with some of you about Unown. I mean, I love them design wise. I really wish they were better in battle though, and could learn more attacks. It's a shame really :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm personally not such a huge fan of Swalot. Its design doesn't look that great to me, unfortunately, and it's not very good competitively, either. Aside from that, I also dislike Slugma, sort of.

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    I think no pokemon is bad but still........

Dunsparce is pretty boring, it's move set is boring.. Also, I have an issue with it. I mean
    it lives under ground or in caves, burrows hole : I mean it's so like a ground pokemon
    but still it's NORMAL type!!!! I mean WTF!!!!!

I also think Ditto is pretty useless in battle. I tried to raise it in main games but it's seriously hard to battle with it........It's just good for breeding!!

This is quite an obvious and popular answer, I assume, to the question 'worst Pokémon'.

Magikarp is an extremely pointless Pokémon with no meaning whatsoever. It is impossible to train it regularly until it reaches Level 15 and even when that has happened, it is still weak. I personally think that there should be no pre-evolution of Gyarados or Magikarp receives some attacking moves at earlier levels or Splash is given a meaning.

Though it may amaze you, I raised magikarp once while I was playing Leafgreen. I raised it to 60 lvl. Though it was very hard to raise, but I did it and am proud of it. Yes, it is pretty useless but
    I must tell you that it is not the weakest pokemon, about 7 pokemon are weaker to it in stats.
    Now that it can also learn Bounce! But the fact is fact: It's pretty hard to raise and it ain't much helpful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    While i still stand by my answer as luvdisc being the worst pokemon of all time i am going to give a honorable mention to Regigigas,while it may be a legendary that doesn't excuse it. It's ability of slow start means for the first 5 turns it's attack and speed are cut in half(it's base attack stat is 160 meaning it's just 80 for the first 5 turns, and it's base speed is 100 meaning it's just 50 for the first 5 turns) It's base stat of 670 is shared with two other legendarys in Kyogre and Groundon and also one other legendary Slaking....none of this have the slow start ability meaning the other 3 are much better choices.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'm really against any Pokemon that's become a meme, examples like Mudkip, Magikarp and Seaking. It just brings unneeded attraction to me, and the jokes are overused beyond belief to me.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My top choice for "worst" pokemon is shuckle.

I don't know. I find it a terrible waste. It doesn't evolve. Its speed is junk (and all other attacking stats too, to be precise). Yes it has extremely high defences but I find it a terrible waste for such a Pokemon.

Honestly, I don't find any Pokemon to be bad. Magikarp may be useless but it evolves into a beast. Even though Shuckle has a terrible stat distribution I can see it being useful in wireless battles.

Years
  • All Pokemon are pretty interesting, but I hate Rhyperior. I've bashed it several times in other threads, just not a fan of it. Rhydon is awesome, and I use it every time I play a game that came before the introduction of Rhyperior. After fourth generation, I never touched the line again. :[

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Dunsparce? Farfetch'd? I never really figured out the point of these two considering they aren't in any evolutionary chain. Their designs are mediocre, but I wonder if Game Freak was serious when they introduced them.

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    Though I don't think Farfetch'd is a bad pokemon as it can learn many moves, but it
    looks awefully ridiculous....I mean Game Freak brought Donald Duck into pokemon using
    Farfetch'd!! :D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm really against any Pokemon that's become a meme, examples like Mudkip, Magikarp and Seaking. It just brings unneeded attraction to me, and the jokes are overused beyond belief to me.

This like x 1000

While I do like Mudkip, most pokemon who make their way through 4chan come out of it as totally overused, unnecessary, and unfunny. And it completely sours my view on them. Other than that, I don't particularly care for Pokemon based on monkeys or pigs. So like Chimchar, Aipom, Tegpig.. I'm just not a big fan. :<

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • This like x 1000

While I do like Mudkip, most pokemon who make their way through 4chan come out of it as totally overused, unnecessary, and unfunny. And it completely sours my view on them. Other than that, I don't particularly care for Pokemon based on monkeys or pigs. So like Chimchar, Aipom, Tegpig.. I'm just not a big fan. :<

4chan is a vapid wasteland where everything good goes to die.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    all gen 5 pokémon

I think that Unown are stupid; they only learn one useless move and their gimmick is annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    In my opinion one of the worst Pokemon has to be the Gen 6 Pokemon Klefki. In a world of cool animals that can fly, breath fire/water we get...keys!? I mean not even it;s pokedex entry can save it: 'These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them.' or 'It never lets go of a key that it likes, so people give it the keys to vaults and safes as a way to prevent crime.' On no! It's going to steal one of your keys!

Another one that I think should be mentioned is the Gen. 2 Pokemon Sunkern. First it's ugly. Not to mention that it has the lowest stats in the game. Again, it's pokedex entry reads 'It is very weak. Its only means of defense is to shake its leaves desperately at its attacker.' So, again in a world full of monsters that can breath fire/water, fly/swim at great speeds and have great strength. This Pokemon...shakes it's leaves at you? It's evolved form can't save it either. Sunflora is equally bad. I mean it's pokedex entry reads 'It converts sunlight into energy. In the darkness after sunset, it closes its petals and becomes still.' So it can do stuff normal plants can do!? CONGRATS!

Klefki, Sunkern and Sunflora...making boring things boring pokemon.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

(Sorry for the HUGE picture...)

As much as I love the Gen 6 mons, Scatterbug is all kinds of wrong to me. I can't get myself to like this Pokemon at all. I do like his evolutions, but this guy is just...so ugly. He has to be the ugliest bug to date. And what makes it worse is that huge buck tooth. He's a bug, not a rodent! It's hard for me to understand how something as beautiful as Vivillon evolves from this hideous excuse for a larvae. -_-

Back