• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Farfetch'd was awesome in gen 1. It leveled up really quickly, could set up with Agility and SD, and then Slash it's way to victory. Keeping in mind that Slash was a 95% chance to crit back then, and it was pretty busted. It was the best flying type you could get for an in game team. It's been a bit outclassed since then obviously, but I'll always have a place in my heart for Dux.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Farfetch'd was awesome in gen 1. It leveled up really quickly, could set up with Agility and SD, and then Slash it's way to victory. Keeping in mind that Slash was a 95% chance to crit back then, and it was pretty busted. It was the best flying type you could get for an in game team. It's been a bit outclassed since then obviously, but I'll always have a place in my heart for Dux.
    In Gen 1 critical hits ignored any bossts in Attack/Defense/Special. So the damage you did with a critical hit was just: base attack/special * 2
    In other words: Farfetch'd is bad and if you want to use critical hits in Gen 1 you are better off using Charizard/Scythor/Dugtrio/Sandslash and all the other ones I forgot who have high speed and access to Slash, but not Farfetch'd.

GOLDstandard

Eclectic
    Years
  • My least favorite poke would have to be wormadam. I HATE wormadam. It was kinda cool in gen IV because we were just getting used to formes, but of all the formed pokes, its gimmick is just terrible. It's bad in game, bad competitively, ugly and just overall a bad design IMO.

My least favorite legendaries are the uxie, mesprit, azelf trio. Azelf is pretty cool, but the three pixie things don't really have a cool backstory, good stats (barring azelf), or inventive designs. Their design is good don't get me wrong, but having three of them EXACTLY THE SAME just makes it seem like just three clone pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can convince myself that most pokémon are cool or cute or useful in one way or another. But some I just can't get over are these.

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with each of these, either in design or concept, and I don't think I could choose one single pokémon I consider to be the very worst... Though Binacle's swaying gets on my nerves enough to perhaps make it the winner.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I can convince myself that most pokémon are cool or cute or useful in one way or another. But some I just can't get over are these.

I think there's something fundamentally wrong with each of these, either in design or concept, and I don't think I could choose one single pokémon I consider to be the very worst... Though Binacle's swaying gets on my nerves enough to perhaps make it the winner.

Come on how can you not like Probopass magnetic nose hairs? :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Sunkern due to its base stats if anything, I was tempted to say Magikarp but I did remember seeing a video on Youtube where a user named PimpNite swept a team using a Magikarp before.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Sweeping a team with a magikarp? Has PimpNite been on some traning 'roids?

That video has been up for some time now if it hasn't been taken down for insert bullcrap reason here but I remember this from watching it.

Put everyone to sleep with Smeargle while setting up with Dragon Dance, then Baton Pass it to a Focus Sash Magikarp and proceed to sweep with Flail once you triggered the sash. Gimmicky but it was quite fun to watch.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • If it's okay to specify gender: Male Combee. I didn't realize how infuriating the thing was until barrages upon barrages of them were flung at me in Wonder Trade. It lacks the one use that all weak basic bugs have: evolving.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Personal opinion - worst pokemon ever?

Extremely hard to get, ugly as hell and useless in battles. Also:

I just can't stand these things, unless I'm using them competitively or something.

Last edited:

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Through my perspective, some Pokemon may have absolutely diminishing stats and are completely impractical to use in competitive battling. Some of them do have purpose or personality. An example, such as from TopleyBird i agree that deli-bird doesn't have any appeal at all. But i believe it has a very thought out personality, purpose and design than quite a fair lot of Pokemon. It is a kind, sharing and compassionate Pokemon similar to that of Samaritan willing to help you at your weakest. Its purpose is to well... fly around and feed its chicks but other than that i think its sole purpose is to assist humans. And of course in design it is superior to that of many Pokemon in terms of creativity. I'd would of never have thought of a hollow tail.

In all seriousness if Pokemon were real I wouldn't mind having a delibird just for personal everyday use along with some other 'hopeless' Pokemon as well :) But yes, his/she is otherwise almost useless/un-appealing.

Re:CrobatRulez20: Well i can agree that Regigigas may be ugly, however {this is just though my eyes} he can hold himself up in battle quite effectively if you get one with good IVs. I use one on my team in most cases, he works wonders for me as most players don't know exactly how get rid of him quickly nor do they have a good understanding of the all the moves you will have either, making him fairly unpredictable. But i agree in terms of availability my o my is he one hard Pokemon to obtain, I mean no offense saying this, we all have different views :)

But if you want utterly useless than how bout the two cousins?
    Feebas and Magikarp? They have no set purpose... they exist for us to make fun of. Although Feebas has a little bit of personality.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2015
    I hate Spinda, and I've really grown to hate Bunnelby and it's evolution. My hatred is more for how they look, if I have to vote for useless in the ability area it'd go to Magikarp. At least it has an attack move now, right?

Years
  • One word: COMBEE.

Grrrrrrr I hate them so much. ):< They exist solely to troll. I hate them solely because male Combee exist and are out to ruin your life.

Also, note to anyone doing a Nuzlocke or Wedlocke of Platinum, BW2 or XY: if you value your sanity, please invoke male Combee clause. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2015
    Magikarp as it can only do splash which is regarded as the weakest move. It can't even kill a caterpie.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    What is the worst pokemon out there?

I'm sure we all can go for days saying what we think is the best. But, what is the black sheep of Pokemon

To answer my own thing, I think it's Mr. Mime

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • For the game, I say Beldum. It has a bad speed stat, and only learns Take Down, which not only isn't STABbed because of its Normal type, but suffers recoil too. It would probably faint itself if you leave it on the battlefield for too long, and even if you try not to, it does nothing to stop Ghosts from setting up.

As for looks, I'd say Garbodor. But sure, it's a Poison-type, so it's almost guaranteed to look bad anyway. :P

Back