• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Petalcy Island & The Strawberry Cafe! ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Usi was determined to make it to Petalcy Island after receiving such a mysterious notice at his shack. He pulled some maps out of the desk, trying to pinpoint the location and time of the trip. Meanwhile, Pichu was digging through the now open drawer, sending papers flying through the shack with curiosity for the contents. Usi sighed, "You just love causing a mess, don't you?" but went back to his dedicated planning of the trip knowing Pichu wouldn't pay any attention.

Pacifidlog Town wasn't very state-of-the-art when it came to ocean technology, so Usi was raised under the same ol' fashion principles of navigation as it was back in the day. His Mantine would be the carrier of choice, seeing as he knew the SS Warundo couldn't stop by thanks to the rough rapids and sharp rocks of the Pacifidlog area. Usi used to ride his Wailord for long distance trips, but she unfortunately passed away years ago from heart failure. Mantine has a similar issue, not due to heredity or anything along those lines, but due to his size. Mantine is one of the largest recorded of his species; however, this is a bittersweet fact. On one hand, it was a blessing, it gave Mantine abilities beyond others thanks to extra wing span, support, and better transportation speed. On the other side, it was a nightmare; the extra force, weight, and exertion of larger pocket monsters of this species meant heart trouble.

Mantine has already dealt with some factors related to heart issues, he does receive medication and potions daily for these troublesome annoyances, but he's still kickin', which matters most. Usi must maintain Mantine's health because the last thing he wants to see is one of his cherished Pocket Monsters suffer. Due to this, he gives Mantine breaks regularly on trips. About an hour of swimming, and at least an hour or two of rest. Making sure he gets exercise while also having healthy recovery time. Thankfully, Octillery is a major help when these breaks come up.

Usi wondered if Mantine's special size and heart-warming story of survival was the reason he was asked to go to Petalcy Island. He's received plenty of requests for interviews before, and he took 'em, knowing the publicity may push some Pocket Monster scientists harder to find a better treatment or even a complete cure.

"Looks like we got a long way to travel!" said Usi, after finishing the details of the trip. It wound be a brutal course of crossing large areas of ocean, but Usi had logged larger trips before, so it seemed more or less of how Mantine's stamina would hold up and whether Octillery was in a mood of cooperating. Fortunately, Usi figured Petalcy Island's amazing reputation for berries would be plenty motivation to follow command.

Prior to the notice's appearance, he got yet another checkup with Mantine with Slateport's experienced medical team, and all signs were go. His recent dose of the experimental drug Salacroseameen was doing the trick at the moment, something that gave everyone quite the smile.

Usi put on his surf suit, an extra under-water breathing apparatus for swimming below the ocean surface with Octillery, and placed various nautical equipment in his water-proof bag. He jogged over to the Poké Center, told the nurse of his journey in case of trouble, and let his pocket monsters heal under the radiation of the healing port. A weather report on the TV gave Usi the confidence for all-signs-are-go... Even though he knew he'd be few days late for the festival, he grabbed his pocket monsters, released Mantine in a furry of light as he rushed out the center, headed out towards Petalcy Island...

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Your trainer name:
    Antony Yemil

Pokemon (At least 3 pokemon in your party):
    Jumpluff
    [Male]
    This Pokemon was one of Antony's very first. It was given to him, along with a Jigglypuff, from his parents as starter Pokemon since Antony couldn't make it to the starter give-a-way in Pallet Town. Jumpluff has been through everything with Antony; wins, losses, and everything in between. Jumpluff is incredibly loyal and wouldn't dare leave Antony's side.

Wigglytuff [Female]
    Wigglytuff was given to Antony as his second starter back when she was a Jigglypuff. She, like Jumpluff, has been there with Antony for every last trial and tribulation the team endured. She has a rather snotty attitude, but is forever loyal nonetheless.

Farfetch'd [Male]
    Farfetch'd is a rather interesting member of Antony's team. He was caught early on in Antony's journey through Johto in a rather peculiar area. You see, Antony found him in the Dark Cave. The Pokemon was huddled in a corner and shivering. The poor thing was obviously lost. Antony took it in for a few days but grew to attached to leave it. Farfetch'd has a rather silly attitude and jokes around a lot.

Politoed [Male]
    Politoed is also somewhat of a veteran member to the team. Antony caught it as a Poliwhirl to enter in a Water Pokemon competition somewhere in Hoenn; Antony couldn't remember the exact location. Politoed (Poliwhirl at the time) came in second, only to lose to an outstanding trainer bearing three water Pokemon. The consolation prize was a King's Rock which, surprisingly, evolved Poliwhirl when Antony handed it to him. Politoed takes battling as very serious business. He is the level headed powerhouse of the team.

Accomplishments:
    Antony has netted second place in the Pacifidlog Water-type Endurance Test as well as bearing a few contest ribbons and the first three Johto badges to his name. He hopes to conquer the rest of the Johto gyms and take on the Elite Four, but that time will come after his vacation.

Reason for coming here:
    Antony was recommended to visit Petalcy Island as a getaway when he suffered a crushing defeat from the Ghost-type Gym leader, Morty. Morty gave him an all-expense paid trip there as well as reserving a room for him in the extravagant Petalcy Hotel. Antony simply cannot wait to take a relaxing vacation to ease his troubles away.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Your trainer name:
    Mae Elkins

Pokemon:
    Totodile
    Given to Mae by his older brother, Matso, when the family moved to the small village of Azalea in Johto after leaving Jubilife City in Sinnoh. The small town had no children, aside from Mae, and Matso left the small Pokémon to take care of his little brother and keep him company. Several months after Matso left, Mae was attacked by a pack of Growlithe. Totodile fended them off and the two have since been inseparable.

Aipom
    Mae had been sneaking around the small fields near his home when Aipom jumped out and surprised him. The Pokémon seemed friendly and followed Mae home that day. Mae took possession officially, but Aipom prefers to stay inside Mae's backpack during travels, as opposed to a Pokéball.

Crawdaunt
    Initially caught as a Corphish while Mae fished by the bay on vacation one summer, Crawdaunt quickly became the powerhouse fighter of the team. Evolving a mere two months after initially catching him, Crawdaunt has proven his value as a Pokémon and a friend.

Bellossom
    Mae found Bellossom as an Oddish sneaking through the family garden. Aipom fought the small grass Pokémon and quickly overpowered it, but through time the pint-sized Pokémon has rapidly evolved into a force to be reckoned with. After evolving into Gloom, Mae received a sun stone from his mother, resulting in Bellossom.

Accomplishments:
    Mae has received the first five badges from the Kanto League and a single badge from his home town Azalea in Johto. He has also placed first in three different Pokémon contests in Hoenn with his Bellossom.

Reason for coming here:
    One month ago, Mae's father died mysteriously while traveling through Sinnoh. Mae's older brother Matso had refused to attend the funeral, sending Mae's mother into a depression. Mae bought her a ticket to travel to the luxurious Petalcy Hotel, but she refused and told him to go in her place. He is taking the opportunity to expand his knowledge of Pokémon and regain his strength after his father's death. He hopes to find the answers he seeks and relax at the same time.

Last edited:

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Phoenix hurried to the forest, suprised at the famous person who had just pointed him in the correct way. So, he decided to look around a bit before going to the wanted location. He quickly dissapeared into the trees, and soon he was tumbling over leaves, twigs, and small stubs. His arms brushed against pointy vines that hung loosly from the trees, as if they were dead. He shuddered and moved on. He was disliking the forest, and eagerly hoped he would get out of there soon. After walking a few more steps, he sat down, tired from tripping and falling, prickling and scratching, and took a short nap, and his eyelids slowly fell to the bottom, as a sinking object does.

Suddenly, he heard something. It snickered and darted behind a tree. The dry leaves under it's ugly feet cracked and made noises that sounded like sandpaper being rubbed. Slowly and alert, Phoenix got up from his sleeping place, and held his bag tightly. He watched the shadow dart behind trees, and then, steal an orange out of his backpack. "Hey!" Phoenix yelled at the animal with fury. The shadow, once again, snickered and darted behind a nearby tree. But Phoenix had had enough. He threw one of his pokeballs in the air. "Girafarig, come on out!" The giraffe was glowing a light red as it came out of its pokeball, and made a small noise. "Gira!"

[ Petalcy Island & The Strawberry Cafe! ]

"Girafarig, use Psybeam!" Phoenix commanded. The giraffe's eyes turned a bright yellow, and colorful beams shot out of it's eyes. Stunned, the pokemon theif stumbled out of the shadows. It was a stray Aipom! Phoenix had done what he wanted with Girafarig, and now he had to finish it off. "Girafarig, use Stomp!" And with one mighty stomp, Aipom fell unconcious. But for some odd reason, Phoenix thought again. "It seems to have the aura of having an owner," he said out lod to no one in particular as he recalled his giraffe pokemon. With a small shurg, he turned and stepped into the bit of forest that lead to Petalcy Hotel. He soon got to it. Little did he know he was correct; the Aipom belonged to someone.

ooc: Just added a little twist to the forest.

-MetalGardevoir

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    mini stood there her hair blowing in the wind her squitle in her arms it had been a while since they have just relaxed."i wonder what what we should do first" mimi said while she was jumping up and down. she stood staring at the island for a few more seconeds then took out her pokemon. after eating she put then all back in there pokeballs exept squitle.she started wakling along tillshe heard a rusling noise it was a todile eating a berry ."aww so cute" just then the todile turned artound and squirted her with water "stop it todile"she said while trying to block the water. the todile stoped and ran away leaving a dripping girl behid it.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    The Festival.

ss501girl .Sorry, I did NOT accept you into my RP. And I still have to think about it. Acts of defiance may result in a permanent denial.

-----------------------------------

ACCEPTED -

[. Omega Saikon

[. Rekhyt

[. .Sublime

[. That Hideous Strength

Hope you all will enjoy your stay here.

--------------------------------

As Walid curled up into his bed attempting to stay warm, and comfy, he could not sleep.

He turned, and flipped. But it he could not fall asleep.

"Why don't I just get up and have some fresh air!" He pointed out.

He felt bad at the fact he barely had his pokemon out for the day.

So as he walked out he called out his pokemon

"GO, Murkrow, Wooper, and Meganium!"

As the pokemon took out of their pokeballs they were distracted by a sudden light.

Walid studied them quickly and noticed they were looking at a crowd of people.

"What's going on?.." Walid mumbled to himself.

Officer Jenny came running toward him when she asked,

"PROFESSOR! WHY THE HECK ARE YOU IN YOUR PAJAMAS?!"

"Um, because I'm tired and want to go to bed?" Walid said.

With her palm on her face Officer Jenny muttered;

"Are you kidding me? Are really telling me that you forgot about the welcoming festival

to the newcomers of your island?!"

Walid thought to himself...

"What? What is wrong with me, did I actually get so caught up in helping everyone that I forgot about my own ceremony?.."

Walid leaped in the air and lied with a studder and said:

"UH. UM. C-COURSE NOT. I MEAN WHY WOULD I OF ALL PEOPLE FORGET? HAHA I WAS JUST PLAYING!"

"Look. Go get dressed and get ready for your festival." Jenny, said seriously.

As Walid went to get changed he saw the night sky, he said to himself;

"Ah. So beautiful it is. I'm blessed to have Crescelia visit my island every 3 weeks. Today is the day it comes."

After Walid got changed he appeared in a formal black dress shirt , and pants with a white tie on. He sneaked his poke balls into his messenger bag and ran out to great the waiting crowd.

A while later...

"Hello everyone! And welcome to Petalcy Island!" Walid yelled.

" Oh my!" "Yes, it's Walid." "He created this island!!" "PROFESSOR KISS MY HAND!" The crowd shouted.

"I hope you all enjoy your stay in this magnificent island, and enjoy all of it's natural beauty. Of course! Be sure to visit the Strawberry Cafe, and the Petalcy Hotel. However, if you're a battling type be sure to fight my best friend Bloom." Walid explained.

As Walid looked in the crowd he noticed all the newcomers of this island had stickers on their shirts saying "Hello my name is.."

He noticed a kid named Usi with a sad face. In his mind he quickly thought;

"I should help him. He looks sad."

"ANYWAYS EVERYONE! WE WILL START OFF THIS FESTIVAL WITH REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED BY THE STRAWBERRY CAFE!" Walid yelled.

-the crowd clapps-

"AND, WE'LL HAVE MINI CONTESTS TO BATTLE EACH OTHER AS WELL, AND LASTLY WE SHALL HAVE RIDES SUCH AS POKE-CARTS, AND ROLLERCOASTERS, AND SHOWS OPEN FOR ENTERTAINMENT! BE SURE TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND HAVE FUN!"

A girl out of the crowd had her face painted in pink and green, the colors of the flag for Petalcy Island.
    Walid studied her closly.

"She looks like a maniac for this island, he thought. She better not cause trouble though with her fan-ism."

After announcing the festival and the events, Walid went down from the podium and headed toward the boy named "Usi".

-Walid pokes Usi's shoulder-

"You okay? You seem a bit sad.." Walid pointed out.

Usi turned around.

"HUH? Whoa. I-It's you! You're Walid!"

"I sure am. But don't avoid the subject. What's wrong young lad?"

"My Mantine. That's what's wrong."

"What about it?"

"U-U-Ugh."

"Tell me Usi. Don't hide what's wrong."

"My Mantine is sick. And it needs some care."

"Poor Mantine. I'm assuming it has a rough condidtion. I'll tell you what. Stop by my lab at the far right of the island. I'm an herbalist as well so I can help you with this situation." Walid smiled and said.

"OH MY! THANK YOU PROFESSOR!" Usi cried.

"ALL I CARE ABOUT RIGHT NOW IS THE BEST FOR MY MANTINE!"

-Usi shook Walid's hand.-

"P-Professor?"

"Yes?"

"Mind taking a picture with me? I want to show my friends. Heh."

"Who? Me? SURE!"

-Chang!- the camera took the picture.

"I will see you around Usi, do you have a poke-tech?"

"Yup!"

Walid took Usi's number.

"I shall call you later to get you at my lab."

"Great! Catch you later, Professor!"

"Sayonara!"

-Walid walks over to the table of refreshments.-

"PROFESSOR!" "WHOA HE'S SITTING AT THE TABLE" "OH MY GOD! WHOA! ISN'T HE THE RETIRED DJ FROM GOLDEN ROD??"

-Walid munches his strawberry cake-

"I WANT TO MARRY HIM!", a woman screamed.

"PTOUGH!" Walid spit out his cake.

"DAMMIT. CAN'T A MAN HAVE SOME REFRESHMENTS?!" Walid said.

"Whoa" " He talked" "He got angry", the crowd backed away.

As Walid put his palm on his face he walked over to grab some cookies.

"Murkrow, Meganium, Wooper! Go refreshen yourselves, I'll catch up with you in a minute. I need to sit down and rest. Don't go anywhere dangerous though!" Walid gladly said.

"I love my pokemon. I've had those 3 since I was a child." Walid laughed with a cry of happiness.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Mae lay quietly in his bed as the light broke through the curtains covering his window. The noises from outside came through the window, slightly muffled. He could hear the sounds of workers out in the berry field tending to his father's old berry trees. A crushing pain reached his heart at the memory of his father. Remembering how he used to help his father pick the berries every Sunday before going to Pokémon School. Now, due to his father's death, Mae's mother had hired some help to finish picking the last of the berries. Soon the field would be sold off to the gym leader of the Azalea gym to make room for a larger, more interesting building, complete with a school, a shop, Pokémon Center and even a training gym. Mae was glad the field was getting torn down. The memories still stabbed at his heart like daggers.

Sliding from under the covers, Mae opened the curtains and squinted hard as light began to shine through the window. His Aipom rolled off the pile of clothes he had been sleeping on and jumped onto the bed to greet Mae. Mae smiled happily at the Pokémon, then turned his attention outside. He could see the workers vaguely as his eyes adjusted to the brightness. He saw his mother standing on the porch by the barn. She had a solemn look on her face. He almost thought he could see tears flowing down her face, glittering in the sunlight. Wishing he had just left them shut, he turned from the curtains and faced his computer. A new message pop-up flashed across the screen. Walking forward, he grabbed the mouse and clicked on the pop-up. The email opened and read:

Dear Mr. Elkins,

This is a reminder that the S.S. Warudo will be taking off today. Please arrive on time. Provided in the attachment is your ticket verification and other items to go over before arriving at Petalcy. We look forward to your arrival and time spent with us!​
    Regards,
    Petalcy Island Hotel Management​

Mae headed downstairs with Aipom on his back after printing the email's attached files. His mom had obviously come inside during his time away from the window and was making sandwiches for the workers. She smiled sadly at him as he entered. He wasn't sure she'd ever be the same again. Sitting down at the table, she set a plate with a sandwich and some chips in front of him, along with a glass of orange juice. Aipom looked hungrily at the chips, which Mae nudged to offer them to the little monkey.

"So, today's the trip, isn't it?" she asked, not looking at him.

"Yeah, it is," replied Mae, as he picked up the sandwich. Aipom picked up some of the chips and stuffed them into his little mouth, as he hopped back upstairs to wait in Mae's backpack. He took a bite of the sandwich and with the food still in his mouth, continued, "Are you sure you don't want to go, mom? There's still time."

"Of course, honey," she answered, looking into his eyes and smiling. She patted him on the back, then headed towards the door. "And don't forget that Mr. Jetico said you could head to the port with him. He works by the bay, remember?"

"Yeah, mom," said Mae, taking another large bite of the sandwich.

Twenty minutes later, Mae had his backpack and gear ready for the vacation. He headed downstairs, where he kissed his mother goodbye. Aipom popped out of the bag to give her a quick goodbye, then nestled back inside it. Tears dripped down Mae's mother's cheeks as they embraced in a hug, once again tearing at his heart. He smiled at her and she returned his warm smile with her own. He stepped onto the front porch and saw Mr. Jetico waiting in his car. He quickly got to the car and set his bags in the back seat, then seated himself next to the old man. Mr. Jetico's bright, pudgy face yelled towards the door as he waved, "I'll take good care of him!" The car then sputtered off along the dirt road.

The car bumped slowly down the road as the warm, summer air rushed past them. Mae's face felt cool and relaxed as he looked towards the bay, which he had thought was further than this before. The smell of salt water reached his nose soon after as butterflies fluttered in his stomach. He had never been alone on a trip before this. His excitement mounted as the car sputtered to a halt in front of the giant cruise liner.

"Well, this is your stop, m'boy!" chuckled the fat Mr. Jetico. Mae smiled broadly at him and thanked him for the ride. He got out and grabbed his bags. He had his backpack, which contained his Pokémon, some spare money, and extra Pokéballs, his suitcase, which had all his clothing and toiletries in it, and his gear box, which was small, but contained potions, tools, his Pokédex and his cell phone. Mae shook Mr. Jetico's hand and asked him to take care of his mother. He then turned around as the car sped off towards the fishing bay, looking excitedly at the boat. Aipom's head suddenly popped out from inside his backpack and gave a squeak of excitement at the size of the boat. Mae patted the small, purple monkey on his head and said, "Well, looks like we're starting our own little journey, buddy."

(OOC: Also, much like Fia, I would prefer if Mae was not bunnied, I'd rather catch up with your post and fix myself into the situations than have you writing things he says or does. You can bunny him if necessary, but hopefully not too much or too often. Thanks.)

King!

better
    Years
    Chapter 1: A Start With A Fish (Part 1)

Bella Wright walked up the slanted railing, her mind filled with deep thoughts while her four Pokemon, Pyu, TaiTai, Green, and Bugsy trailing behind her. When she reached the top, she walked down the long hallway leading to her room on the ship. She was riding the S. S. Peachfuzz to Petalcy Island, where she'd be staying, for a while. When she reached her room (number 22), she unlocked the door with her card key, and layed down on the bed, her bags dropping to the ground. It was 12:53 in the morning, and Bella was tas tired as a Snorlax.

Her Pokemon curled up around her, and the five drifted off to sleep........

In the morning, after they woke up, the five walked down the railing to the main floor of the ship. They walked into the restaurant, and took a seat at one of the bright red tables.

"Hi, like, uhhh, like, can I take, like, your order?", a waitress, a few years older than Bella, asked.

"Can we have two orders of the Pokemon face pancakes, please?", Bella asked.

"Like, sure!", the annoying girl replied. She walked away back to the counter. Bella shot her Pokemon a "Weird-O!" look, and they all nodded back.

"So, we're gonna have some fun on this island, huh?", she asked.

There were a few chatters, signaling the Pokemon agreed.

Suddenly, a voice asked, "Hey, can I sit with you, there aren't any seats left?"

Bella looked up, and saw a boy, about her age, with dark-brown hair, down to his ears, and a blue sweatshirt with matching pants. "Sure", she replied. "I'm Bella."

"Thanks a ton, I'm Barry", he said happily. "You goin' to the island?", he asked.

"Yes, a chance to get back in action", Bella answered. The two ta;lked for a while, introduced most of there Pokemon, ate, and when they were both done, and the Pokemon, said their good-byes.

"I hope to see you on the island", Bella said.

"Yeah, me too", Barry said, and got up and walked away. After he was gone, Bella noticed something where he had sat. It was a Pokeball.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
    Your trainer name: Jessica Justice (15 yrs old)

Pokemon:

Leafeon (Female): Leafeon was Jessica's very first Pokemon. She received her from her late father, Heath Justice, when she was just an Eevee. Leafeon is very important to Jessica, and loves her with all her heart, and Leafeon returns her love. (Bold Nature)

Salamence (Male): Salamence was Jessica's second Pokemon. She found him dying by the hands of Team Rocket of the Kanto Region, they had imported him from Sinnoh. Salamence is very loyal to Jessica, she is the very reason he lives. (Quirky Nature)

Pikachu (Female): Pikachu was caught by Jessica when she was traveling around the Hoenn region. After a long battle between Pikachu and Leafeon, Jessica finally caught her. Pikachu is very stubborn and resents anyone who teases her because she has not evolved into Raichu. The truth is, she doesn't want to. (Sassy Nature)

Ninetails (Female): Ninetails was caught by Jessica as a very young Vulpex. Ninetails is very shy and quiet, but fierce when she is protecting Jessica. She is actually eight-tailed because she lost one when she was fighting Team Galactic in the Sinnoh region. This has only made her more determined. (Quiet Nature)

Accomplishments: Jessica has beaten every Kanto and Sinnoh Gym. She hasn't finish the Hoenn region because it reminds her too much of home because she was born in Dewford Town. She had been a member of the Elite Four in Sinnoh for a very short time, but quit because she thinks it's too much pressure.

Reason for coming here: Jessica just wants to relax for a change. Since people stil reconize her as one of the Elite Four and want to battle her frequently. She loves her Pokemon and thinks that they need a good rest before she goes back to the Hoenn region to finally face her fear, home.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Masuka rubbed his eyes and groaned in a mixture of irritation and laziness. Irritation because he wanted to go to sleep (even though it was only five PM) and laziness because he knew he had to call the hotel and make sure his room had been attended to, but he couldn't find the willpower to do so. He couldn't force himself to get up from the bed, so instead he decided to run his hands through his hair because his scalp was itching. He yawned and wished he hadn't spent all of the previous night looking through his PokéDex to pass the time.

It seemed to take him forever to will himself to get out of his bed, and when he managed to do so, the boy lost balance and fell over. He laughed to himself and spied a blue turtle sleeping at the bottom corner of his bed. "I'm surprised you managed to get to sleep, Sakoni. The boat is shaking way too much for me. I can't close my eyes for more than two seconds without them snapping open again! Gosh, the wind and the waves are fierce tonight, aren't they?" Masuka looked expectantly at his loyal companion, expecting some sort of answer. He didn't get one. Probably because the Wartortle was asleep.

The young, inexperienced trainer started to daydream for a bit, thinking up new training techniques he'd try as soon as the SS Warundo reached Petalcy Island. Eventually, he managed to snap out of his trance and he began rummaging through his pocket for his mobile phone. After a brief fight with his zip and a bit of tugging, his hand emerged with the phone. Rubbing his eyes again, he scrolled through his contacts and clicked the green button beside one of them. For a couple of seconds, he thought no one was going to answer. Then a voice could be heard from the speaker.

"Eh, hello?" Masuka was never good at this sort of stuff. "Yes, you're talking to Masuka Epoque. I was inquiring about whether or not you managed to find a room for me in the hotel? I was talking to a girl earlier and she said that all of the rooms were full but I might be able to get one by tomorrow. What was her name? Um, I don't know. Never asked. What? Why would I ask her? No, I don't chat up random girls. I'd hate to have to tell your manager you were accusing me of such things." Masuka read in a book a long time ago that if you threatened to report someone to his/her manager, everything would work out just fine. "Oh, so there is a spare room? And it's a premium suite? Wow, thank you very much. Room number 37. I'll remember that. Thanks again!"

Masuka smiled to himself and laid back down on the bed. At least he had dealed with the unnecessary stress of Petalcy Hotel.

OOC:

(Aye, if possible, could you not bunny my character like you did Gardevoir's? Rather, I'd like it if your character could just hand Soma what he needs, and end it like that. I could take it from there, without bunnying your character or anything. But if it is needed, you may bunny Soma. I'm just not big on bunnying, that's all ^^')

(OOC: Also, much like Fia, I would prefer if Mae was not bunnied, I'd rather catch up with your post and fix myself into the situations than have you writing things he says or does. You can bunny him if necessary, but hopefully not too much or too often. Thanks.)

Pretty much taking this route, too. It's not very fun being in a roleplay if someone else is controlling your character. Sorta defeats the purpose of roleplaying, really.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    "Oh my!" "Yes, it's Walid." "He created this island!!" "PROFESSOR, KISS MY HAND!" The sudden shouts of what seemed to be a very excited crowd came not far off from where Soma departed. Curious as to what was going on, the crimson-haired, somewhat pessimistic protagonist calmly walked over to see why the ecstasy made the atmosphere change greatly. As he got closer, he saw someone standing right where the crowd bore their gazes. Aye, is that Walid now? he thought to himself. Mm, I can't see what's so great about him, but obviously that crowd can... Not surprisingly enough, Soma had known a lot about Walid, as he was a DJ in the region Soma lived in. Soma even lived close by to where Walid had worked. Walid was the DJ for Goldenrod's Radio Tower. Soma lived in Ecruteak, the peaceful and historical city north of Goldenrod and west of Olivine. Soma visited Goldenrod occasionally to pick up food and accessories for himself and his Pokemon, and he did manage to beat Whitney without much of a problem. But that was all he got out of Goldenrod.

Soma was the kind of person who preferred peace and quiet, as well as a soothing atmosphere. Goldenrod had the kind of atmosphere you'd see at a fresh new amusement park. Hectic was just one of the many words Soma could use to describe Goldenrod. He hated it because of that. Ecruteak, on the other hand, had plenty of places Soma could go where he could feel at peace. The Kimono Girls' house, the Tin and Burned Towers, and even Morty's gym, strange as it sounds.

"I hope you all enjoy your stay in this magnificent island, and enjoy all of it's natural beauty. Of course! Be sure to visit the Strawberry Cafe, and the Petalcy Hotel. However, if you're a battling type be sure to fight my best friend Bloom." Walid's voice suddenly interrupted Soma's thoughts, and Soma could see why he made a perfect DJ. A loud, commanding voice, but at the same time, soft and likable. That's what Soma thought. It figured. The island was nice, but its host wasn't really Soma's kind of person.

"ANYWAYS, EVERYONE! WE WILL START OFF THIS FESTIVAL WITH REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED BY THE STRAWBERRY CAFE!" Walid yelled, yet again interrupting Soma's thoughts. How annoying... With nothing to say but a small sigh, Soma walked on over to the so-called "Strawberry Cafe". As soon as he got there, he realized tons of people were lined up, waiting to get their food. And, of course, there were the many Walid fans that crowded around him.

"DAMMIT. CAN'T A MAN HAVE SOME REFRESHMENTS?!" Walid said. This didn't startle Soma in the least. Must be hard being a celebrity. Glad I'm not one... The crowd's reaction is what shocked him the most, though.

"Whoa..." " He talked..." "He got angry..." The crowd seemed to back away from him, and Soma shook his head. I'm surprised nobody said "Oh. My. God. HE'S SO CUTE WHEN HE'S ANGRY!!!" so I suppose the crowd isn't all that bad... Soma looked over again just to realize Walid had sent out three of his Pokemon, to let them roam around. He then remarked how they had always been with him since he was a child, and yet again, he was back to his "normal" self. Typical. What better way to attract more fans than to suddenly change demeanors? It sickened Soma.

Choosing to put all this behind for the time being, Soma walked on over to the table (the line had fortunately disappeared, but the crowd around Walid got larger) and grabbed a Pocky Stick and some Strawberry Milk. He found it rather odd that they didn't sell Strawberry Smoothies, but then again, this cafe didn't seem like your typical cafe anyways. As Soma silently drank his milk and occasionally ate a Pocky stick, he pulled out three of his Poke Balls and released the Pokemon inside them. Rosary, Chiru, and Towa all came out. They curiously looked around, and Soma had to laugh at their reactions. For such social Pokemon, they seemed nervous being here.

"Aye, aye, don't worry, guys," he told them. "This place is fine. Just enjoy yourselves for a bit." He made a motion to them, and they interpreted as him wanting them to just roam around a bit. "But," Soma added, "please return back to me as soon as it grows dim. We don't want anyone to take you now, hmm?" With that said, the three were off to who knows where...

(Mm, I actually don't mind if anyone bunnys Soma's Pokemon when they're by themselves, but try to at least make them act like they are supposed to, based on their descriptions in my SU :/)

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Are you still accepting members?
    Oh well, I have too much time on my hands so I will sign up even if you are not XD.

Trainer Name: Laya Renao

Pokemon:
    Buzz-
    A male mothim, and a very powerful one at that. Bug types aren't often thought of as strong but Laya has the right to argue with that because of Buzz.

Beacon-
    A male ampharos. He was recieved as a birthday present. Laya wasn't too creative when naming him.

Mist-
    A female swablu, Laya's youngest pokemon. She was caught only recently but has grown quite attached to her trainer.

Game-
    A male monferno. He was Laya's first pokemon, though he doesn't train very hard and doesn't battle very often.

Accomplishments: Laya is a moderately good coordinator, she has won fourteen contests and thus many ribbons. Although she has entered twice, she has never won the grand festival.

Reason For Coming: Laya had been training for quite a ong time and decided she needed a break from contests. For this break she decided to come to Petalcy Island. She picked this island over any others because she saw it in a brochure and thought it looked interesting.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    ((ooc: sorry. been busy this week and forgot this thread existed))

Adam walked off the boat, his messenger bag slightly swaying at his side. He looked at the island and smiled for the first time in a long while. 'The nurse was right. This is a proper place to relax...' he thought as he walked off the dock. A vacation was just what the teen needed to get rid of the dark circles under his eyes. He wasn't you're average coordinater. If he didn't win a contest, he would stay in the area and train nonstop til he won. He was stubborn like that and well known for it. But his stubbornness had been taking a toll on his body. He looked years older then he really was, but it was obviously stress-induced fatigue. Some people whispered things along the lines of 'poor guy... he needs a vacation' and similar remarks as he walked by off the docks. Even the island greeters looked shocked at his condition. Good. Adam didn't want to deal with overly happy people at the moment.

He bipassed the greeters softly saying "Sorry. not right now" as he passed by, clearly not wanting them to think he was rude. Adam spotted the hotel and imediately went for it. At the front desk, he politely asked for (and got) his room key. Adam quietly made his way to his room, being polite enough to stay out of people's way on the way there. One wondered how someone so fatigued could pay attention so well. Adam breathed a sigh of relief as the card key let him into his room. Shutting the door behind him, he made his way to the full size bed, completely ignoring the hot tub like bathtub in the open bathroom. Adam dropped his bag by the foot of the bed and collapsed onto the bed. Although it was noon, He was out like a light as his head hit the pillow.

((OOC: sorry. I'm ending it here. next post I'll have him wake up and go on the beach.))

Twilight Wolf

The Alpha Female
    Years
    Your trainer name:
    Crystal Estrada

Pokemon (At least 3 pokemon in your party):

Silverwind-
    Silverwind is a female shiny Ninetales, who was Crystal's first Pokemon. They have developed an excellent bond.

Lucy-
    Lucy is a female Walrein that had been with Crystal a few years.

Starlight-
    Starlight is a female Rapidash with a light azure, four-point star on her forehead in between her eyes.

Lady-
    Female Ampharos that was caught around the same time as Lucy and Starlight.

Maylon-
    Female Gyarados that was caught as a Magikarp over three years ago.

Freedom-
    The male Lugia that had saved her life while she had been exploring Naval Rock. She had startled an Electrode that happened to be sleeping and it exploded, making a huge crevice open up under her. Freedom saved her by grabbing here just as she was about to hit the bottom.

<If legendaries aren't allowed, I'll change it. I didn't see anything about it in the rules>

Accomplishments:
    Crystal defeated the Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh Elite Four, which means she has extreme battling experience and that her Pokemon trust her. She started out as a small country girl in Johto and went to a famous Pokemon Trainer.

Reason for coming here:
    Crystal decided to live a peaceful life when she was fourteen, so she retired from the honorable Elite Four positions she held and ventured to Petalcy Island.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back