• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PET's revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I'm not sure what you mean.
    I just changed a trainer to an elite four member, I was able to edit the attacks and save it. Same with Gym Leader.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Well, This sucks. For me, it is horrible. All pokemon have the same moves. That really sucks. I thougt you fixed all the bugs of old PET XD! Well, I hope you can fix this, as that is the only editor that works on my computer! BOL!

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    For the ones that can't get the hint.
    Trainers have no moves.
    Leaders have moves.
    Elite Four has moves.
    I think the rival does too but if any one can confirm if they do or don't i'll fix it and when I do i'll have it so the attacks get set to zero before going to a new trainer so no confusion.

Last edited:

Rize

The XIII Observer
    Years
  • What I was asking was if you rename a class (say Leader to ORG. XIII) then should you be unable to edit the attacks of that Class's Pokemon for all trainers of that class? I ask as I cannot edit my Leader's (i.e ORG. XIII) trainer's Pokemon's moves; I have to use the Oct. 2004 version to do so, and I'm thinking it may have to do with my renaming of their class.

And you can't edit the Rival's Pokemon, or the Champion Class, either.

-TSU

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    After you change classes you must save the trainer data than can you edit their pokemon. I just tried.

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    lame!!

when i set what pokemon i want for a certain trainer and save it, all the pokemon change to two before or after what i have chosen.
    Actually, everyone goes to a set of specific ones.
    Like Roxanne, I tried changing her pokemon to and Onyx, Geodude, and Graveler.
    But her first [no matter WHAT pokemon I give her] is ALWAYS Gengar, then the second is [YAY] Geodude, but then thhe las is a Keckleon. [sp]
    I say nhey so far to PET =[
    I was really excited too for this version.
    Big let down for me.

Jawash

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I've tried...

Could changing it in another version of PET have caused that?

Here are some screenshots of my problem.

View attachment 40805
    Attacks are locked out...

View attachment 40806
    And his second Pokemon has been changed to a Dewgong! Note that it is the normal Magnimite, Level 14, like it should be when I load it in the 2004 version of PET.

-TSU

T,T I am now also getting Dewgong.
    Tisk.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Now then, due to a lack of more then overwhelming bad feedback, and the lack of wanting to further this project I release two final file.
    Pet.exe
    and source.zip which is the source of PET if anyone wants to carry it on.

All PET.exe is missing is different langauges

support for rival class
    and support or PKMN Trainer class

It has automatic repointing, properly transfers pokemon. Edits pokemon AI level(How hard a pokemon will be).
    If any of my code is used, I expect credit this is my farewell to the pokemon community.
    If any D/P hackers see this, please send me a message on AIM I have a very helpful tool for you, and other serious GBA/DS hacker.
    And now back to my regular projects. Bye.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    interdpth,
    Nice release i have to say,
    Just when i'm intersted in learning about where everything is stores in the gba binary files,
    And how you guys read/write them you release it Really thanks!

This will probably help me on my way.
    Havent really seen alot of posts with where everything is stored in hex :(.
    But sources will do just fine just a bit more read work :).

So thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    Awesome.

Only problem I have is that it won't let me actually change the AI.. It stays at whatever it was set to beforehand. This is a huge problem with Steven, whose Pokemon aremessed up for some reason; I can change them every aspect of them except for their AI.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Someone will have to take the challenge to fix that.

Btw, i'm not dissing trainer edit, but I took a look inside it, all of his stuff is stored in the program, item names, attack names, i think even trainer classes, so it's mucky =p

Someone finish PET yo

Jawash

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    tick-tick-tick

personally i like the program's current state, but that would be a nice little addition.
    and hands down i say this is my favorite tool+A-Map.
    =D

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Alright so I haven't dropped it included with this post is a new copy it fixes the AI bug I tested it to make sure
    So have fun with that.

I will continue support.
    I still need offsets, and a data helper if anyone would like to help. Data helper must be experienced and can wield a hex editor. >_>
    Updates will be far and in between and sometimes often I have a ton of time on my hand so here you gou

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back