• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pets!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Was wondering if anyone had any pets, how many, which is your favorite, like/dislike any of them, etc.

For me I don't have any currently, but I kept snakes in the past. I'll be keeping some tarantulas near the summers end tho, just narrowing down the species I want first! Probably will be some Brachypelmas though haha.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • None right now, but when I lived with my parents we had/still have a little West Yorkshire Terrier. He was fine once he'd gotten out of the stage where he was pooping and peeing everywhere.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I dislike most animals, I don't hate them, they just terrify me (not kidding), the only ones I'm not scared of are dogs and snakes. Yes, I am even scared of little kittens, make fun of me all you want. {XD}

Anyways, I only have one pet.
    I have a pure-bred German Shepard named Danny that's extremely over-protective of my house, I got him about 4 years ago when he was a puppy.

I used to have a Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor that was just over 9 feet long and lived 19 years, I got him when I was 6 and I watched him hatch and grow his whole life, he was very protective of me and was my childhood friend, he passed away only about 7 months ago.

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • I have a dog called Gemma who's a Staffy and shes the biggest wuss in all of history I swear, I also have a cat called PeeCee and I'm pretty sure he's lacking a soul

Theres also the 40 something fish that we have in the kitchen, but I don't know all their names oops

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Yes, I am even scared of little kittens, make fun of me all you want. {XD}

I used to have a Red-Tailed Boa Constrictor that was just over 9 feet long

This is the best thing ever. A small, fluffy kitten is terrifying, but a boa constrictor... totally kosher. {XD} Surprised to hear it's a boy, though. Usually only females get that long.

I just have two indoor cats. Nothing fancy, just a couple DSHs from the shelter. Sergeant Dustmop (well gee, that sounds familiar) is my little boy. He's crippled and adorable. I also have a little girl by the name of Bandit because he needed a friend. I've had them for almost 4 years now, ever since they were 3- and 5-months-old, respectively.

We have a massive clowder of feral cats that live outside the house, too. I've already taken the liberty of getting the local shelter to TNR the females. I've been taming and feeding them, and naming them as I can pet them. :3
    There's a Mama (naturally), Tink, Shadow, Peanut, Pickles, Commander Boots, and Spock. Best cat army.

My dad has a dog, a mixed breed with no real defining features of any breed except Rottie. But I don't consider it to be a family pet; she's more of a nuisance. They call her "Porky" for pretty obvious reasons.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I have an albino ferret I named Kojofu - yep I named it after Mienfoo's Japanese name - she is so much fun to play with, very hard to catch her... I can't keep my #1 favorite animal as a pet (weasel) so it's closest relative I can have are ferrets (which are my 3rd favorite animals in the world) - so at least with Kojofu my life is fun, never bored and was a big influence and help me to not get to depress when my grandma passed away.

once my ferret passes away I want to get a Chinchilla.

Other pets in my home? - I do miss playing with my family's cats (so I go visit them - I live in a two-story home, top floor has the backyard and trees, lower floor has a small front yard - cats live in the upper floor and dogs in the lower floor - cats & dogs don't get along)

- my little sister has 2 chihuahuas and my grandma left us (my uncle and me) another Chihuahua (so 3 chihuahuas at home)

- my grandma also left us her 3 Parakeets & 3 Finches... which my uncle takes care of in his room.

so to make it easy:
    Dogs 3
    Cats 4
    Finches 3
    Parakeets 3
    Ferret 1

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I don't have any pets. My father dislikes having a pet.

I want to get a pet as soon as I move out though. Preferably a bunny or a cat.
    ...Or a snake, but I can't keep one here. o3o"

Whatever. All I know is that I'll never, ever get a dog. Too many bad experiences with them. Did I ever mention I have ever stood under the blazing hot sun for about 2 hours because my neighbor's dogs cornered me to a freaking corner of a street? And it was when I was only 8! Nope, never getting a dog. Ever.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • My cat jumped out my broken window.

:(

I've had plenty of cats, and one way or another, either through running away or dying, they just seem to all leave us. We've also had a dog, but it wasn't ours. Mom eventually got rid of it.

TBH, I'm not a pet person cause i'm lazy.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I had a cat named Tom. (most imaginative name for a cat, right?) He was, while cute, quite loud and annoying. I still loved him, he just wouldn't stop meowing before and after he had his feed. Before him was his mummy, Lisa. She was adorable, caring, and quieter than her son. Sadly we gave her and 2 other kittens away, and kept Tom.

We currently don't have any pets, considering poor Tommy got pretty ill, however, been thinking about getting another cat.

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
    Years
  • I have an imaginary turtle. His name is Soup and he likes to play with his imaginary food and sometimes he would juggle his tomatoes.
    Ok, so I don't have a real pet. But i'm planning on getting like a lab or something in a couple of years, like when i'm in my 20s.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I have two cats at my parents' house.

My roommate has a dog named Bengie. She's a pitbull. Me and her:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I had several fish when I was younger, but I got really sad that they kept dying, so I stopped getting more of them. I haven't had any other pets to date. I don't think my lifestyle is such that I could support a pet like a dog at the moment, but who knows, maybe I'll get one in a few years. For now, I suppose Pokémon will have to suffice as my (pixilated) pets...

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • I used to have a pretty big stick insect (like 30 cm/1 ft) named Karl, and he was awesome :3
    However he died one day because he just got old..

Right now I have two guinea pigs, an angora and a lunkarya one, so far the one is 4, the other 5 years old c:

Years
  • I have a dog called Tom, it's a Breton: a dog for hunting birds.
    His body is white and brown, it's very beautiful, but he have some anxiety problem because its owners usually were treating him badly until we bought it, in fact now it's very agitated, poor dear...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like all animals except fish, they scare me.

I used to have a dog named Ashely but she died in this past August. I now have a cat because my dad's GF has a cat, his name is Bobbaloo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Currently, I have a cat. She was sort of difficult to manage at first as she would cause a lot of trouble, but thankfully, though, she's more mature now and has gotten a little easier to handle. :] I might get another cat, but have to wait until this one's fully grown. Before that, there used to be two other cats in my house and also a dog, and they'd get along with other without any sort of trouble at all.

Years
  • My dog, Ika passed away on Monday/Tuesday night (At midnight on Monday night, going into Tuesday). I miss her so much. This Tuesday, it'll be a week since Ika passed away, and also a year since Zamb (My other dog) passed. :( It's so weird without Ika here. Things don't feel the same at all. But, things will get better. She was sick, and now she's in a better place, up with Thor and Zamb. :)

However, today we got a new addition to our family! Her name is Jezi, she's only 8-weeks old today! :)

Here are some pictures: One, two, three, and four! She's a sweetheart....although she bites and scratches like a mothertrucker. :P

Best Mother's Day ever. :D

Back