• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Bell said:
    Hrmm...Does anybody know how to do motion blurs with Photoshop 7.0? Not manual blur's with the blur tool, but like, designated blurs, if that makes any sense...

And, if there's any place to find simple plain brushes that are simply lines in different directions, I'd love to know.

I have Photoshop 7.0, too! To use Motion Blur, go "Filter>Blur>Motion Blur", if that's what you're asking ^-^

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh- psh. DUH. I'm such an idiot. >.< I totally forgot about that. *slaps self* Thanks though. *Goes off muttering insults to self*

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Bell said:
    Hrmm...Does anybody know how to do motion blurs with Photoshop 7.0? Not manual blur's with the blur tool, but like, designated blurs, if that makes any sense...

And, if there's any place to find simple plain brushes that are simply lines in different directions, I'd love to know.

Dotted lines, dashed lines, solid lines, or what? *confused as to what you're asking*

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    how do the members make the banners i seen a member requested a banner and he suplied the picture, and it had a bacnground in it and when the host made the banner for him, it was different hit had a different background and colors, so i was wandering how can you remove a background from the picture and put another background into it?

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    how do the members make the banners i seen a member requested a banner and he suplied the picture, and it had a bacnground in it and when the host made the banner for him, it was different hit had a different background and colors, so i was wandering how can you remove a background from the picture and put another background into it?

In Photoshop, you just take the image and cut out the stuff around it (but you have to make sure that it's not THE background layer) ^^ Then to add a different background, you make a background and place the layer underneath the image.

Hope that made sense ^^

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hey guys, In CS2, is it possible to thin outlines that you've already drawn w/o affecting their quality or position?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well, I'm trying to draw artwork Sugimori-style (there are so many of us ^_^), and even though I draw my outlines with a O.3mm pen, they come out really thick when I mask the outlines when it comes time to color. That is usually the only issue in differentiating between my artwork and his.

Basically in my typical routine, to get the outlines, I scan in the drawing (of course) and then convert the image to monotone, get rid of visible pencil lines, use the magic wand to select the outline, and then mask the selection for use on the top layer, so the colors wont bleed onto them. So I was wondering if there is a way to make the outlines thinner without actually going over and tracing the line with a thinner brush or erasing the outer edges of the outline. Unless is that the only option?

Sawyer

���
    Years

Eraser tool.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

I personally use the 'polygonal lasso' tool, if you can find that on your tool bar. Then I cut the image out of the background and paste it onto a different one.

That's called "Rendering", and an image that's cut out like that is a "Render". ^^

Chaos Chao: I have no idea. :/ That's never happened to me before... sorry, I don't have an answer for you.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Yeah Chaos Chao, have you tried restarting Photoshop? Thats all I can think of, usually if something goes wrong in the interface that I cant fix, i just restart the program and the settings go back to normal.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Dotted lines, dashed lines, solid lines, or what? *confused as to what you're asking*

Kind of a really late response, but I meant the lines that you use overlaying the image. They're opacity is extremely low, you can see the image quite clearly from behind them and I seriously wish I had an example, but I don't. I'll have to find one. >.<

Sawyer

���
    Years
    A suggestion: Don't use Photoshop Elements. It pales in comparison to Photoshop 7, 8, 9, or 10. Whatever floats your boat among those four, but if you're really serious about it, don't use Elements. If you're not willing to pay the unfairly immense price for it, just download it illegally like so many others out there. It takes up more space than Elements, but it's worth it.

Years
    argh... that sucks, that was the only way i could do lineart --; and my tablet came with elements and download it illegally? no way i'll be best off buying it and not getting in trouble; thanks for the help guys ^^

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Well, do what you want, but downloading any program illegally does not potentially incriminate you, only the person who hosted the file on the internet. But whatever.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Is there a way to past two animations made in ImagesReady toghether?

PS: I know a month has passed, but I really need to know.

Back