• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Well.. lets hope this merges..

1. Can you download new backgrounds?

2. On the line tool - How come i only do arrows, and i can't change it! :(

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    1. waht do you mean? your suppose to make the backgrounds.

2. on the top left of the toolbar there is a thumbnail of the line icon. right click that then press reset.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Well.. lets hope this merges..

1. Can you download new backgrounds?

How do you mean? New backgrounds for the images or new backgrounds for the space behind the pictures in the program (essentially the artist's table if you will)
    If you mean the image background, then you have to make those.
    but if you mean the background in the program itself, then here's how:
    *to do this you need to be in Fullscreen with Menubars mode, you can achieve this by pressing the F key*
    1. Go to you color Palette and switch to grayscale sliders
    2. choose a level of grey/black/white that you prefer
    3. switch tools to the paintbucket tool
    4. holding the Shift key and click outside the image in the background, you will replace the old color grey with your new color that you have chosen in the grayscale slider.

If you're using a Mac, simply change your desktop background.

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    2. On the line tool - How come i only do arrows, and i can't change it! :(

With the line tool selected, click on the black drop-down menu next to the blob shape in the menu up top. You should see some checkboxes for arrowheads marked Start and End. Uncheck them both and you'll have a clean line tool! 8D

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    can i ask some gimp questiones? (well, its sought of spread around.)
    1. Everyone says to put fonts in your fonts folder in control panel, but i dont have one. wats with this?

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    ok ill walk you through it. start by going to the control panel.

click anyone of the icons. (example appearance and theme)

on the left there should be something that says see also and therre should be one that says fonts.

now drag your font onto that.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I'd say check what tool is selected and make sure it isn't something like the Color-Replacement Brush. If you use a tablet make sure your not using the Eraser end of the pen. Also you might check to make sure that Transparency, Pixel, or Position Locks are not on

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Firstly, don't use the magic wand tool (if you do). Use either the lasso tool, or the pen tool, depending on which you prefer. I'm pretty sure that Loki posted up a rendering tutorial somewhere... Found it (click here) :D I, myself, am no genius in rendering though. I suggest looking for some other rendering tutorials on the internet, if you still don't get it. Or if you're feeling especially lazy, look for pre-rendered images xD That's what I do.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    You can also use the pen tool, it's far more accurate once you understand how to use it.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I posted one on the tutorial thread (click).

It's not on rendering, but mainly on how to use the pen tool.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hmm, do you mean textures that look like light? ...or "faint" textures? Sorry, your question was a little obscure! ^^;

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Assuming that you're talking about stuff like this: click (totally not mine, just found on Photobucket)

You simply place them in, and set the layer mode to screen/colour dodge/linear dodge, then erase if necessary.

Back