• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Ok, I am using PS 9.0, I need to find a good beginner tutorial. I basically know nothing about PS. I have only used PSP.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    No problem, when I first started I didn't even know what opacity and transparency was XD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i cannot get the hang of pattern overlay......., i do the 3 by 3 pixel sqaure thingy to make a diagonal thing but what colour do you use to make sure the picture doesnt get darker.....
    *sigh*.... never mind....

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    pkmn user i cannot help with that......
    link: use the magic wand tool and click the white.... itll select all that is white, except white pixels surrounded by other colours.... then tap delete....

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Link2005 said:
    how do i make a Pokemon sprite transparent to get all the white away leaving only th sprite?
    Open your sprite in Photoshop. Go to File -> Save for Web. Choose the GIF format, and make sure the colours are set to 256. Under the colour table, select the colour labelled #FFFFFF (it will be the very last square if you're going horizontally). Below that you'll see the number '256' and 5 buttons. Click the first button from the left. Now click 'Save', and choose a place to save your sprite. Now it's transparent.

mvtm

Years
    HELP .. Transparent Images.

Hey , hi .. i dont tend to do this. I actually know how to make Images Transparent on Photoshop..., BUT...
    I am having troubles doing a good job at this, since this fonts are complicated to make. (Magic wand selected area issues)

I like , if someone can to make the black backgrounds transparent, leaving only the word on white.
    Please give me a hand..(they just a few..come on ^^;)
    Oh i like them on .png btw.

Sorry if i posted this on a wrong area,ie forum, i just dont know where to put this.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Hiya mvtm :)

Sorry, you're not allowed to post threads without any art in them ^^; There's a thread in Graphics and Photography which deals with questions on Photoshop, and as this seems to fit quite nicely there I'll merge your post with it and hopefully somebody there can help you!

--FG

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    My question = When i have created the background for my sig, how do i insert a picture and reduce its size so it fits perfect, thanks in advanced.

Back