• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Photoshop Q & A

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I have a question, how do you get new fonts onto Photoshop, i know where to download them its just getting them onto Photoshop that seems to baffle me O.o any help would be appreciated!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Blazin Espio said:
    n00b at banner making here anyway
    how do I make pics transparent

what do you mean by 'transparent'
    do you mean opaque-looking?
    because for that, you can take the eraser tool and set the brush to a bigger size and set the opacity to about 50% (or however transparent you want it)
    then go over the whole picture (dont lift up the button for the mouse) until it's all one transparency.

i hope that helped!
    ~kura

Sawyer

���
    Years
    he means how do you make a part of the canvas gone, so it's not completely a square. really easy for me, i always save in png. xD

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Ok I have several questions:

1. Where I can download new fonts,styles,brushes etc for Photoshop CS?
    2. How can I make it so when I am copying in PS(and pasting) that the background is transparent?
    3. I found a tutorial on the net about water drops, and followed every step, but it still wouldn't work. Anyway here is the tutorial:

https://www.n-sane.net/tutorials/water_drops/index.php

So tell me if it works for you.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    1. deviantart.com - look in the Resources section
    2. when you're.. copying and pasting? i have no idea what you mean, sorry.
    3. i've seen that tutorial before. it has to be on a background to see it. if you just make a new white layer under the water drop, you'll see. if you make it even more detailed, it'll look even better.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Well I made this:

Photoshop Q & A

And I want to put only the DarkPegasus part(without the black background) on something like this:

Photoshop Q & A

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I don't know if this belongs here, but - does anyone know where I can find a good, easy to follow tutorial on coloring anime lineart? <<; I tried good-tutorials, but they were... weird. <<; And some links were broken. ;-;

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    I don't know if this belongs here, but - does anyone know where I can find a good, easy to follow tutorial on coloring anime lineart? <<; I tried good-tutorials, but they were... weird. <<; And some links were broken. ;-;
    Hmm just a little suggestion with colouring anime lineart; use layer masks and folders. Make a folder for each part you want to colour, set the folder's layer mask as the section of the lineart that you want to colour. It's a lot easier that way.

asuka

Web Master. Nuff said.
    Years
    DarkPegasus said:
    1. Where I can download new fonts,styles,brushes etc for Photoshop CS?

Fonts- dafont.com fonts.com abstractfonts.com

Brushes- operafloozy.com telus.net

Those are the best places for fonts and brushes for CS (I've been told). I use PSP7, so I wouldn't know =/

I was wondering, though, is there any specific forum/thread/place on these boards where art competitions are held? No? I have no idea, I'm absolutely new.

Back