• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Picks of the season

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
It's a bit too early, but Spring 2015 anime season is coming up soon. In other words, time for people to start the hype! From what we've seen in anime charts, Spring 2015 looks like a really great season to look forward to.

Here's an interactive chart to check.
And here's an image chart to those who can't access it.

So, which anime are you planning to watch in the next season? Anything new that catches your interest? Or are you going to follow new seasons of anime you've watched?

I'm pretty sure that everyone is looking forward to Digimon Adventure Tri anyway.

Last edited:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Way too many sequels.

Out of the sequels, I'm probably going to watch these out of custom:
UBW, Gintama, Grisaia, DxD, Nisekoi, UtaPri, Kiniro.

And thesethis because I'm excited:
Oregairu

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to Danmachi, because the LNs were hilarious.

Ultimately, I have high hopes for two new faces: Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki.

New Yorkers coexisting with otherworldly creatures, kept in check by Japanese superheroes?

Massive historical war, involving the loss and reconstruction of a once glorious kingdom?

Although they sound really cheesy, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Haha you had me beat to posting this xD Was literally going to post this today haha

Diamond no Ace: Second Season - Only once I've caught up to the current season
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? I- 'm just going to give it a try with the 3-5 episode rule to see if I like it or not.
Digimon Adventure tri. - does not need an explanation xD
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma go - Because cooking anime means I need to watch.
High School DxD BorN - Only because I've watched the other seasons
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - Looks interesting so i'll give it a try.
Owari no Seraph - Come at me Wit Studios. I don't usually like vampire stuff, but it looks fun.
Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions - Season 3 ness since I've watched the other 2. 1000% Love peoples
Yamada kun to Nananin no Majo - because I highly enjoyed it live action as one of my favourites and I really enjoyed the plot of it.

From this season continuing:
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Kuroko no Basket 3

Last edited:
Years
Hmm... I seldom watch shows as they're airing these days, but I might change that to keep up with the times.

As Reisen said, the premise for Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki look interesting. (Hiromu Arakawa being the character designer for Arslan Senki has also caught my attention.)

I did watch the initial season of Kiniro Mosaic back in 2013, but I don't think I'm compelled enough to continue on with this upcoming second season.

As someone who grew up always in my school's orchestra, music-centered anime typically piques my interest and I'll give Hibike! Euphonium a look. It'll probably have a fun soundtrack, at least.

Candy

Years
Haha you had me beat to posting this xD Was literally going to post this today haha

My ninja skills strike again. >D

As for me... I can't seem to open anichart.net, so I did a bit of a search and found one on a single image. I'll update the first post with link to the image chart. Note: it's not the final chart since it's still 3 weeks 'til Spring, I'll update when the final image chart is out.

Anyway, temporary picks will be Denpa Kyoushi and Punchline for the new series, and several new seasons like Uta no Prince, Grisaia, and the obvious Digimon Adventure Tri. Since my picks tend to increase by double to triple whenever a new anime season starts airing, expect it to increase haha.

I swear my Summer 2014, Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 lists weren't that long in the beginning.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
Most of the shows get a first episode watch from me. But for what I can see some of them won't even get there lol.

Spoiler: Long Post, sorry

• Ameiro Cocoa is a web manga that will get stupid shorts. It's a no-go for sure.
  • Arslan Senki. I'm so gonna watch this. I must confess the change in the character designs turned me off, but this doesn't mean it has lost its chance.
  • Baby Steps 2. Haven't watched season 1, worth it, anyone?
  • Battle Spirits: Burning Soul: nope.
  • Denpa Kyoushi. More stuff about otaku culture? Damn... Alright, I will give it a chance, just because of A-1.
  • Diamond no Ace: Second Season. I need to watch the first season yet (is the manga ending anytime soon!?). Since I'm a big fan of Major I'm sure I'm gonna like it
  • Digimon Adventure tri. THE HYPE IS REAL.
  • Duel Masters VSR. DId I read "The 11th Duel Masters series"? LOLWAT. Big ass no.
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is one of the "i'm so waiting for it" items. Please don't let me down JC Staff.
  • Eikoku Ikke, Nihon o Taberu. No.
  • Etotama. No.
  • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season. The wait is killing me. Moreover the second part of the arc will be amazing (especially for those who had read the VN and now what's coming, the hype is ~r e a l~.
  • Gintama°. Oh damn I still need to watch 2nd season. After the 200-episode long series that shouldn't be a problem, but it's on the backlog since a few months already.
  • Grisaia no Rakuen. Let's see how they screw up another VN from this series. FIrst season was terrible, really. I should read the VN, but I'm still reading the last Fate Stay Night route, so it will need to wait.
  • Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation. Um... I do like mechas, but this sounds... not promising.
  • Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic. YAY! Finally the second season is coming :3
  • Hibike! Euphonium. You better don't disappoint me my beloved KyoAni.
  • High School DxD BorN. I could watch 100 seasons and never get bored. Riding the ecchi train, see ya later.
  • Houkago no Pleiades. Ok, so, Gainax plus a show directed by the same person who directed FLCL and some episodes of TTGL. Yes, I need this.
  • Kaitou Joker 2. Was first season worth it? Doesn't seem very appealing to me.
  • Kekkai Sensen. Bones + Vampires = I'm in.
  • Koukaku Kidoutai Arise: Alternative Architecture. Didn't know this was even coming soon? Omg.
  • Kyoukai no Rinne. I hate Brain Base but I love Takahashi's humor. I'm a big fan of Ranma and Inuyasha, so I will give it a try.
  • Lupin III (2015). No.
  • Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid. Need to catch up with previous seasons yet.
    [*]Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku. Doesn't this sound like a Baka To Test shoujo version!? I'm not really fond of Dogakobo animation, but well...
    [*]The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. I'm so mad that they decided to adapt this instead of the remaining original light novels, yet I will be watching it because I'm a die-hard fan of the series. Ugh. Hating myself right now.
    [*]Narudoma. ????????? No.
    [*]Nisekoi 2 (actually ニセコイ: the colon is part of the title). I'm looking forward to watching this, I really enjoyed second season. I know it's one of those series that ever goes somewhere, but I still love it.
    [*]Ore Monogatari!!. Wut. Ok, the description says 'Takeo Gouda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him!', which automatically puts this show in the 'weird stuff I need to watch'. Madhouse, don't disappoint me (and if possible don't use dubstep music as soundtrack).
    [*]Owari no Seraph. I have no idea what is this but sounds amazing.
    [*]Plastic Memories. Doesn't seem to be really my thing. A first episode watch won't hurt anyway.
    [*]PriPara 2. Hahahahahahah. No.
    [*]Punchline. MAPPA? Alright, let's go.
    [*]Re-Kan!. Ugh, Pierrot. After they did with Tokyo Ghoul not sure if I will even try to forgive them.
    [*]Shokugeki no Souma. LOL I'm so gonna watch this and get hungry. I REGRET NOTHING.
    [*]Show By Rock!!. I'm surprised this will be animated by BONES? Will these be actually anime shorts?
    [*]Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine. No.
    [*]Triage X. Umm... Yeah... not so sure.
    [*]Urawa no Usagi-chan. Please don't.
    [*]Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions. I couldn't still get over from the terrible first season.
    [*]Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku. Haven't watched first season. It seems to be stuff I would like so I'm gonna watch it before April.
    [*]Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo. LIDEN FILMS is releasing two projects this season? Nice. I will watch episode one.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I know I'm definitely going to be watching Gintama, Digimon, and a few others. I think I'll be giving a good majority of what's been mentioned before a try.

Narudoma! seems lovely, and I'm sad that I'll be the only one watching :( I guess the Shounen ai genre scared everyone off, aha.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
Narudoma! seems lovely, and I'm sad that I'll be the only one watching :( I guess the Shounen ai genre scared everyone off, aha.

I love shounen-ai, but I really found the poster and idea disturbing lol. I hate STUDIO DEEN, but usually the adaptations that come from them are the most friendly to watch :(. Since this is form a different studio I'm not very convinced.

Anyway, just so you aren't left alone I will give a try 8D

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I love shounen-ai, but I really found the poster and idea disturbing lol. I hate STUDIO DEEN, but usually the adaptations that come from them are the most friendly to watch :(. Since this is form a different studio I'm not very convinced.

Anyway, just so you aren't left alone I will give a try 8D

Let's be fair, if by ideas you mean plot, I'm sure there's at least a few shows you've seen that are equally or more fucked up. I know I've seen worse :')

But yes, please watch with me, I don't wanna be alone.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
There aren't many of the spring animes that I am actually looking forward to, maybe my attitude will change once they air a few episodes and I can get a feel for them but as for the ones I am looking forward to they would have to be;

Kekkai Sensen, (I am only basing this from the description they give you on these sites but from what they say I think i am going to enjoy watching this)
Grisaia no Rakuen (I enjoyed the first season because it was slightly different from all the other school romance animes, adding the dark pasts of everyone and then the still dark moments in the present set this anime apart from the rest)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Oooh boyy, this gun be g00d.

loooong
Spoiler:

that makes it 18 pick-ups. the HIGHEST ever for me. lol.

Years
Digimon Adventure tri., Kekkai Sensen, and Arslan are probably the only things I'll watch this season, assuming my recent anime watching habit of watching an episode or two and not going back to them for about a year doesn't continue. Anything else I'm interested in is a sequel to something I still haven't finished or even started, so it'll be awhile before I get to them.

Also looking forward to the year long wait for a dub of the new DBZ movie and subs for the third P3 movie.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spring looks golden. Oregairu winning.

• Denpa Kyoushi
  • Digimon
  • Dungeon
  • Kiniro
  • Not really K-On
  • Nagatooooo
  • #TeamOnodera 2
  • Ore Monogatari (because why not?)
  • Plastic Memories (AmaSora voices cute character, good enough)
  • HanaKana kaichou (Yamada-kun to 7 mahou shoujos)
  • HACHIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Shounen-ai and DEEN? O.O UM GOTTES WILLEN, this is like the worst combination I've seen =D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Spring hype-train. TOOT TOOT.

Spoiler:

I might have missed something.

• Grisaia no Rakuen. Let's see how they screw up another VN from this series. FIrst season was terrible, really. I should read the VN, but I'm still reading the last Fate Stay Night route, so it will need to wait.
From what I've read, Grisaia no Rakuen is a lot shorter than Kajitsu was. So, it's going to be a lot more feasible for Rakuen to fit one-cour than Kajitsu was (which was 50+ hours VN -> 12 episodes). Still doesn't change the fact that most are wary on how faithful it will be.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years

Shounen-ai and DEEN? O.O UM GOTTES WILLEN, this is like the worst combination I've seen =D

I know it sounds terrible, but it isn't. Maybe they like gay stuff. Who knows. In either case never expect funding for a big project, they just for those mangas that already have good sales.

[*]#TeamOnodera 2

OVER MY DEAD BODY.

[*]Unlimited Blade Works Part 2 - I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD. LET'S GET HYYYYYPE.

I LOL'D

From what I've read, Grisaia no Rakuen is a lot shorter than Kajitsu was. So, it's going to be a lot more feasible for Rakuen to fit one-cour than Kajitsu was (which was 50+ hours VN -> 12 episodes). Still doesn't change the fact that most are wary on how faithful it will be.

Well, that's good news. Actually two good news: Maybe they won't screw it up that much, and also I like the idea the sequel will be shorter since I'm planning to read all of them.

But yes, please watch with me, I don't wanna be alone.

We are in this together Chikara-sama ;___;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Looks like I'll have to update my mal now. Looks like a couple of watchable things are coming on.

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I've not even started half the stuff I picked up from the Winter season yet ._.
Now I'll be picking up the following...
Spoiler:

So...eleven. That's not too bad; I picked up fourteen over the Winter...fifteen if you count the annual Pretty Cure season, which most anime lists don't for some reason. But my anime folder is, like, 122GB now. I need to clear my backlog and stop downloading random old 12 episode series to watch during the day. xD

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
dgbbJR3.png

lol i should follow your advice haha

also i think I will pickup hokagou no pleiades as well. also ninja slayer the animation. that makes it twenty for me. :p

Candy

Years
dgbbJR3.png

lol i should follow your advice haha

Good lord dero, my anime folder on my harddisk barely reaches half that amount...

...or probably 3/4 of it but I can't check right now haha.

EDIT:
Q8aPbhz.png

Yeah I was right, it's 3/4 lol.

I'll be sure to make my list after anichart starts working for me again. damnit slow internet connection

Last edited:
Back