• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Piercings?

Years
  • I don't really mind people at all who have piercings, but I do not have any intentions on getting any piercings myself.

However, what I do mind is those with excessive piercings (meaning on literally every body part possible), because those can be easily distracting especially if you're talking to someone with them, IMO.

I agree, some people don't own mirrors lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2016
    People that look good with piercings would have looked even better without them. They really detract from the natural facial features. Sometimes they even look like moles or zits in their placement!

I don't get the reference that men don't get piercings because they aren't comfortable with their sexuality. If anything piercings get in the way so to speak.

The worst is men with belly button rings! Really?!? That's up there with tramp stamps as highly tacky.

Ear piercings are so popular since they don't detract from the face, and the are on a less sensitive area of the body. These are the only piercings that have the effect of boosting appearance a bit, if the right earrings are selected. And, not gauges either, since those completely alter ear shape and look completely unnatural, thus drawing all attention to them and away from the face. (not in a good way either)

Lastly, it's difficult to land a job as with facial piercings as opposed to someone without them unless you want a job a hot topic or a tattoo shop. I'd rather not :p

I have a lip piercing and I've had a couple of jobs (really nice jobs), nobody never told me to take it off. And, to be honest, it doesn't detract from the natural facial features as long as you have a reasonable amount of them, and if does to some people, I don't care. Not that I wanted to look pretty to everyone, especially people who insist that I should take it off. As long I look good to myself.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of piercings. I don't like them, I don't find them decorative, etc. I'm not a fan of earrings either. I'd rather be earring/piercing free than having something pierced on my ears and/or body.

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
    Years
  • I'm curious, where do you guys think corset piercings range on the scale of piercing to body modification?

Years
  • I don't have piercings and don't ever plan on getting them (or tattoos) since I don't find them very appealing, personally. So pretty much what Megan said! Have earrings though, they're pretty cute and the only thing I can really enjoy as far as piercings go. Didn't actually get my ears pierced until I was 21-22, haha. @_@;

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • My left earlobe is pierced. I rarely wear the earring, though.

I wouldn't get anything else pierced - especially after I saw a guy with a pierced third nipple.

Last edited:
    Back