• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Piercings?

Years
    Not sure if there was already a thread on this, but since there was a tattoo one I thought I'd add this one too.

I have one left ear, cartilage piercing that I got about a month ago! I love it <3

I want another one, either a double cartilage in my left or a cartilage in my right ear, or maybe a nose ring, or lobe! So many choices! XD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I don't have any piercings and I don't intend to get any in the future. In saying this, I'm not against piercings as I find that certain ones do complement certain people. I think it's a personal choice really. While I don't see myself getting any, I'm totally accepting of those who choose to have them.

Years
    I don't have any piercings and I don't intend to get any in the future. In saying this, I'm not against piercings as I find that certain ones do complement certain people. I think it's a personal choice really. While I don't see myself getting any, I'm totally accepting of those who choose to have them.

That's cool! It's kinda like me with tattoos. I like certain ones on certain people, but I'd never get one myself.

Sirfetch’d

I love piercings but only on other people haha. I have thought about getting one in the past, but I decided that it just isn't for me.

Years
    I love piercings but only on other people haha. I have thought about getting one in the past, but I decided that it just isn't for me.

Oh okay, I think that men have an especially weird time getting piercing a because a lot of them aren't comfortable enough with their sexuality and feel like piercings are more feminine.

Years
    I almost got my nose pierced when I was 16, somewhat glad I didn't I don't think I have the nose for a piercing. I'll stick to tattoos I think.

I don't really think I have the nose for it either, but I've gotten nothing but compliments for my cartilage, so I'm glad I got it!

And ohhhh, what tats do you have? I love them :) just not on me lol

I do not like Piecing on my body or children but if it is on an teenager or adult it is fine with me.

Hmmm, I see nothing wrong with like a little girl having one love piercing in each ear, but like other than that I agree with you!

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't really think I have the nose for it either, but I've gotten nothing but compliments for my cartilage, so I'm glad I got it!

And ohhhh, what tats do you have? I love them :) just not on me lol

Only a couple small things, I run out of money too fast to get things I would really want. Hopefully soon I can continue work on my arm or get my chest piece done that I've been craving.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My ears are pierced but I don't wear earrings often. Only enough so the holes in my ears don't close. It doesn't help that their sensitive so the more comfortable thing in my ears are earrings that are pure gold oops. But from time to time I've considered wearing earrings more often and would if it wasn't for that fact.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My ears were double pierced at one point,but now I only have one hole left and they're pretty much closing up. I don't like earrings all that much.

Years
    Only a couple small things, I run out of money too fast to get things I would really want. Hopefully soon I can continue work on my arm or get my chest piece done that I've been craving.

Oh nice, chest pieces can be so hot if theyre done right!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't like piercings at all - I just can't really understand the appeal in them haha. They look okay on some people but the idea of piercing a hole through your skin just to insert some random piece of metal in it is... odd! I guess I've never been one for fashion or appearance in general so I'm not the best informed, but it's not something I ever want to try and it's not something I generally like seeing (it makes me cringe hehe), but I would never judge someone for having a piercing.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Piercings are okay on other people, but I will never get one. I don't want metal in my skin. My friends have suggested to me that I pierce one of my ears with those little metal stud things or whatever they're called, but I don't see it fit for a guy to pierce his ears. That's just weird.

Years
    I don't like piercings at all - I just can't really understand the appeal in them haha. They look okay on some people but the idea of piercing a hole through your skin just to insert some random piece of metal in it is... odd! I guess I've never been one for fashion or appearance in general so I'm not the best informed, but it's not something I ever want to try and it's not something I generally like seeing (it makes me cringe hehe), but I would never judge someone for having a piercing.

It basically is just jewelry really. It's like why do people wear rings on their fingers or necklaces around their necks or bracelets on their wrists.

So wearing earrings means getting a hole in your ear, I feel like its all basically the same. I know people that find necklaces or braclets or rings to be very annoying. And honestly, after the pierce, you feel an earring less than any other jewelry lol

Piercings are okay on other people, but I will never get one. I don't want metal in my skin. My friends have suggested to me that I pierce one of my ears with those little metal stud things or whatever they're called, but I don't see it fit for a guy to pierce his ears. That's just weird.

Umm....I take offense to you saying that its weird for guys to get piercings. It might not be your thing, but it doesn't make guys with piercings weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't mind other people having piercings but I do mind myself getting one, I'm not ready for any sort of infection.

I got my piercing last month and guess what....still no infection.

It's how well you care for the piercing and where you go to get it done.

Years

Pretty much the same with me, I never really understood the appeal of piercings, and jewelry in general.

Years
    People that look good with piercings would have looked even better without them. They really detract from the natural facial features. Sometimes they even look like moles or zits in their placement!

I don't get the reference that men don't get piercings because they aren't comfortable with their sexuality. If anything piercings get in the way so to speak.

The worst is men with belly button rings! Really?!? That's up there with tramp stamps as highly tacky.

Ear piercings are so popular since they don't detract from the face, and the are on a less sensitive area of the body. These are the only piercings that have the effect of boosting appearance a bit, if the right earrings are selected. And, not gauges either, since those completely alter ear shape and look completely unnatural, thus drawing all attention to them and away from the face. (not in a good way either)

Lastly, it's difficult to land a job as with facial piercings as opposed to someone without them unless you want a job a hot topic or a tattoo shop. I'd rather not :p

Back