• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu

What do you think of Pikachu?

• I hate it (or dislike, whatever you feel)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Meh, haven't really thought about it

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I love my pikachu! (or something along those lines)

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KillingAlien250

Look, Run away!!!
Years
  • Ok.I've seen enough people hate pikachu.Only thing is that I see most videos on youtube:"Pikachu is a noob", "Pikachu dies", and more.I'm bored.I have to say,-i know-that pikachu stoles the other's pokemon spotlight.But if a pikachu appears randomly and it doesn't does nothing at you, will you kill it?If I were the guy who found that pikachu randomly, I wasn't going to kill it.Man, Everyone hates pikachu!(There are some fans still :/ )

:(

Ayselipera

Do you mean if I saw a real live pikachu?

Well if pikachu was real, I obviously wouldn't kill it. Seeing as I have quite the soft spot for animals... but if I saw a real Pachirisu crossing the street I might hit the gas. :D

I actually like the Pikachu line. :)

Last edited:

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I love the pikachu line except pikachu. Pichu and Raichu are acceptable, but not pikachu. I would just put it out of its misery if I saw it in a forest or in a mouse hole in my house (they ARE rats after all). Maybe I could send out my uberlegendary and unleash all its fury on that little rat looking thing

Years
  • Pikachu is pretty cool.

I hope some day Game Freak will have the balls to evolve Pikachu in the anime. Like he gets sick and needs to evolve to survive or something. Then I might start watching it.

Years
  • Meh, don't think too much about it. People like to hate pokemon like Pikachu because of its popularity; the same thing happens with Charizard, Eevee, Celebi, and Tyhplosion (and many others). It's the whole "anti-conformist" thing; they think it's cool to hate a popular thing, and more original to like oddball pokemon. Ironic, because being anti-conformist is sorta unoriginal in itself....

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    What! People hate Celebi? THE BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*takes out his rocket launcher and blasts all the Celebi haters*

Alright with that out of the way, I really just hate pikachu because of the anime... it kinda ruined the whole experience for me. Talk about an uber powerful pikachu. I can't believe that an UU (it is UU right?) pokemon actually has the strength to actually hold up against legendaries! I mean maybe if it were lvl 100 but even then it would still be hard to hold up against a legendary. And not to mention the power-down it receives at the start of each gen. With the levels it gains each previous gen, it should be able to destroy AND kill any pokemon it comes its way

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • I love pikachu and it's line in the games.

I love Pikachu on the anime, as well, and honestly don't want it to evolve. But that's probably because I grew up watching the anime. Honestly, whenever I think of my childhood I think "Pokemon".

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I love Pikachu, he is a very fast, electric type pokemon. He also has a nice design with a cute lightning rod tail, what is so wrong with him? I think the fact he is the face of so many things in pokemon amine, accessories etc people tend to hate it due to it is "over rated" just like any other over rated character/item in any show.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Pikachu is sucha goodie two shoes in my opinion.. Tho I'd prefer him to be a little bit badder..

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I wouldn't kill Pikachu... in fact I'll start a religion where people worship a golden statue of Pikachu.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    If pikachu was real i would french kiss it. Nahh jk.

I would keep it as my pet and train it secretly than overthrow the government.

BWAHAHAHAHA

KillingAlien250

Look, Run away!!!
    Years
  • Do you mean if I saw a real live pikachu?

Well if pikachu was real, I obviously wouldn't kill it. Seeing as I have quite the soft spot for animals... but if I saw a real Pachirisu crossing the street I might hit the gas. :D

I actually like the Pikachu line. :)

Well....looks like I can't find the prefered video for me on youtube....But I'm happy that there are still pikachu fans.(I'll show you what happend somewhere)

<Super Pikachu>Pika pika pika pika!!!
    <DR.ROBUTTNIK>PINGASPINGASPINGASPINGAS

And this is the hater's opinion......:(

What! People hate Celebi? THE BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*takes out his rocket launcher and blasts all the Celebi haters*

Alright with that out of the way, I really just hate pikachu because of the anime... it kinda ruined the whole experience for me. Talk about an uber powerful pikachu. I can't believe that an UU (it is UU right?) pokemon actually has the strength to actually hold up against legendaries! I mean maybe if it were lvl 100 but even then it would still be hard to hold up against a legendary. And not to mention the power-down it receives at the start of each gen. With the levels it gains each previous gen, it should be able to destroy AND kill any pokemon it comes its way

Hmm....Well, volt tackle? :O
    Why?Because Ash's pikachu cannot get fainted easy?Ash's pikachu may be 80 Lvl.And that's why when he started his adventure pikachu didn't listen to him.Then, pikachu started listening to ash.Don't worry about celebi, celebi was one of my brother's favourite pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    just because pikachu got the highest appearance in all the episodes it doesnt mean it should be hated.

I kinda like pikachu because of its look, If I saw this thing in real life I will catch it to be mine =P.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The Pikachu evolution line isn't one that I dislike, but it isn't one that I indulge over either. I haven't said I hate it nor have I said that I would kill Pikachu. However, if I were to encounter one in real life, then I know I wouldn't let it escape me. It's a gateway to knowing Pokémon is actually a realistic element in our world. However, this is getting a little overhead. Simply putting it though, I like Pikachu and it's evolutionary line, so if I were to meet one in life then you know I would catch it regardless if I had liked it or not.

Liking or Dislike Pikachu is like liking or disliking any other Pokémon. However, because it is so highly seen in the anime and because it earns that extra attention people feel the need to turn their backs on it. Though, this is Pokémon's mascot Pocket Monster, so it known that it would change in a long time, if not ever. I can see why people dislike it and I can see why people choose to like it, but like anything else it is a matter of personal preference on what one chooses to like and dislike.

[/Ugh, an overuse in like/dislike, sorry.]

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I like the Pikachu line. If I saw one in RL I would go give it a hug and raise it and become a Pokemon master :D
    I dont know why there has to be so many Pikachu haters just because he steals the spotlight of other pokemon. But everyone has their own opinion.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Pikachu (in battle) really isn't all that great. That's probably where all the haters come from, spending a ton of time catching and training a pikachu thinking they have a bad-a** pokemon, only to see his stats sort of suck. In general, the pikachu line is a great addition to the pokemon world, and people should get over the tough nuts.

To whoever said they wished gamefreak would eveolve Pikachu, here is why they have not

Back in the Kanto region, Ash was having a toguh time getting through a gym battle. He ended up losing to the gym leaders Richu, and at the Pokemon center, nurse Joy brought out a thunderstone and gave Ash the option of eveolving Pikachu. Ash asked Pikachu what he wanted to do, and he knocked the stone away with his tail, refusing anything that had to do with it. Ash seriously considered using it anyway, but in the end he decided to go with what his pokemon wanted. Later, he re-challenged the gym, and he won with Pikachu's speed. Turns out, the guy evolved his Richu the moment he caught a Pikachu, and since Richu do not get any faster once they evolve, he was stuck with an extremely slow pokemon. Ash vowed to Pikachu that if he did not want to evolve, he would not make him. It does not seem that an evolution will come up for Pikachu any time soon.

Back