• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planning: Drawing/Paint event [APPROVED]

poll test

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    HI, this is going to be the thread were we will post ideas for the Drawing/Paint event.
    For Now the name is not oficial but was thinking of something like this:

Pikachu's Mysterious Gallery Event

Something like this to start with.

Was thinking of making a voting system and dividing this event into categories so that anyone can participate and have fun. Hope it's not too much.

There are going to be different themes during the get together that will try to match the main theme of the get together.

Well that's it for now.

This page will be updated with all details soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Spitball:
    Beginner
    Advanced
    Memes

For categories? Idk it'd feel like people wouldn't use the advanced category but WHO KNOWS NOW

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    That's a good idea. I was thinking of doing a category for quick sketches for the beginne's challenge and they would provide 1 point per participation and 3 for first place, 2 for second and 1 for third place. I was thinking of an intermediate level for more elaborated drawings dividing it in sub categories: shades, colors, and memes. They would provide 2 points per participation and would grant 6 points first place, 4 points second and 2 points third place. Advanced would have the same sub categories as well and would grant 3 points per participation and 9 points first place, 6 points second place and 3 points third place. And a special category called master (for masterpieces) that would grant around 50-75 for first place, 35-50 second place and 25-35 for third place (I'm still thinking if it should be more like 100 1st, 75 2nd and 50 3rd place since a masterpiece is a lot of work and would include the use of colors and shades and how they combine with each other, adding meme's to the masterpiece would be optional).

So what do you think. Considering the previous categories could take less time to complete i was thinking of 1 entry per 2 days and changing the theme of the drawing each 2 days. for example, first 2 days of the GT the theme/promt would be A, everyone draws/paints something related to A. On the second day the voting is made and a winner selected. Then theme B is posted and everyone participating draws something related to theme B and the process repeated. The only difference would be for masterpiece, since masterpiece would require probably all the ablilites of the artists there would be only one entry for masterpiece and only one time limit (the last day of the get-together).

I was thinking of maybe doing an entry participation list, trying to do this event a little more dynamic.

And all art have to be original, never done before so it would be required they add the date when they finished the art on any of the edges of the page of the drawing. Drawing pads/tablets would be allowed i think and scanned drawing would be allowed as well. What wouldn't be allowed would be past Works, copying the work of another artist or using Photoshop or programs with preset images.

I still have to do a clean up of this ideas, but I think it would cover most of the points of the event.
    So what do you think?

Years
  • Imo the points are kinda skewed for the categories but i get the gist of it! Who do you propose would be the judges for the initial two (or they can really be just one.. :0) categories?

I'd argue that photomanipulation is also kinda art, but more credits have to be given. :')

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I was thinking of making a voting session, maybe on the discord channel or something similiar so that the community decides the best artwork, But I'm not sure yet. I understand the points are a little skewed but was trying that depending on the category they would provide more points like in a videogame when you select hard mode you gain more points, rare prizes etc. I know Photoshoped use can also be considered art but i would have to create a category only for Photoshop, I don't want people arguing about their art was not selected as one of the winners because others had an advantage using a program making easier their art look great compared to an art with less edits or no edits at all or made with their own hands.

I'm still trying to organize some ideas, let me think a little bit about the judges, maybe I will have to fix a couple of details regarding the time limit and the categories. Would it be possible to get more judges or are we going to be only both of us?

Sorry, maybe I'm overthinking things when maybe I should make them more simple.

Do you think a separate poll thread can be created for each voting session?

Years
  • Separate poll definitely, although that would be a bit difficult to keep up with if we plan on making those happen every two days or so.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Pikachu's Mysterious Gallery Event

Introduction

Welcome everyone to Pikachu's Mysterious Gallery Event. In this event you will impress everyone with your wonderful skills when you draw and paint what's in your imagination and manifest it in the real world.

The rules are simple:

1. Follow all PC and Forum Rules.
    2. Follow this thread rules.
    3. Remember to sign up to the category you want to participate.
    4. Make sure your creation follows the prompt of the day.
    5. Make sure to submit your creation before the deadline. (Creations after the deadline will not score points). UTC time standard will be used.
    6. One entry per participant per deadline. (This means if you enter in beginner mode you can only post one creation in beginner mode and have to wait until the next prompt to post another creation).
    7. There is an exception for the Masterpiece Mode in which you can participate even if you have selected another category (read Masterpiece Mode below).
    8. All creations must be original, not copy/paste or taking parts/details of another or another's work.
    9. Your creations can be scanned or made with paint or similar programs. Drawing Tablet/pad allowed
    10. Once you have posted your creation, you can't change or edit them. Make sure you are satisfied with your creation before posting it.
    11. Remember to watermark your creation (a signature would do) and also the date you finished it. Also add the tittle of the contest in your watermark so that's known that it was for the contest.
    12. Try to use png or gif format so that your creation can be properly appreciated
    13. You can take a picture of your creation and post it but try to capture the quality as if you had scanned it
    14. Make sure your creation is E rating
    15. If a creation doesn't follow the rules it will not pass to the voting sesison, meaning it will not earn points

How your creations will be evaluated?:

A thread will be created for each voting session where the community members will vote for the creation they consider the best in each category and a link will be posted either on the first post and/or in the next post indicating the end of the deadline and the start of the voting session. The creation with the most votes will earn 1st place, the one next it 2nd and the next one 3rd. Example: If A got 50 votes, B got 25 votes and C got 60 votes, C would be 1st, A 2nd and B 3rd. The voting session will last for 24 hours to allow everyone to vote.

Modes:

1. Beginner: This mode is for those that are good with fast sketches or simple drawings
    2. Intermediate: This mode is for those that have some experience drawing and painting and give color and/or shades that complement well with their creations.
    3. Advanced: This mode is for those that have experience and give details to their creations.
    4. Masterpiece: This mode will put on test all skills and abilities of the creator.

Special rules for Masterpiece Mode:

Since this mode will require all of the skills and abilities of the creator, this mode will have its own theme/prompt and its own deadline. A participant has the option to participate in another mode while also participating in the Masterpiece Mode. While in the other modes participants can earn participation points, in Masterpiece Mode only 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will get points.

Deadlines:
    The deadlines from Beginner Mode to Advance Mode will be every 2 days, with the 3rd day being of creation judging.
    For the Masterpiece Mode the deadline will be the last they of the Get Together.

Participation points:
    Beginner:
    Intermediate:
    Advanced:

3rd Place:
    Beginner:
    Intermediate:
    Advanced:

2nd Place:
    Beginner:
    Intermediate:
    Advanced:

1st Place:
    Beginner:
    Intermediate:
    Advanced:

Masterpiece Mode points:
    3rd:
    2nd:
    1st:

Entry form:

PC Name:
    Mode: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
    Masterpiece: YES/NO

All I can say to finish is good luck and enjoy creating

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    This is more or less the organized version. Still thinking of the poll option since one thread can only hold one poll and having to create a new thread for each poll sounds complicated, maybe giving links to the respective poll per category would work. For the deadlines we need to select a timezone, I was thinking of the one usually used on PC.
    For the themes/prompts I was thinking, for the first round: Draw/Paint yourself with your pokemon partner. Second round: Since in the movie people and pokemon were fused, Draw/Paint how would both of you look like in your fused form. Masterpiece prompt: Draw/Paint your favorite scene of the movie.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I still have to change that, maybe I'm not using the correct words to express what I'm trying to avoid, like the overuse of something that would make your work look like straight out of a photo or something that would make your work look like a profesional or out of this world with no effort or skill or the use of something that would give you and advantage over others. Sorry if I'm not explaining it properly. This is just the overview of how it's going to be more or less and is still subject to changes during the rest of the day. At least I'm not saying using only paint or only scanned works I guess. Again my apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Years
  • 10. NO special effects or alterations of your creation with programs that do so.
    I don't think this rule is needed imo; special effects are the finishing touches of masterpieces. So unless you create a strict rule on it, maybe say limit the first two categories to oekaki art? Or something of the sort!

I still think the points are a bit skewed, will do the math eventually. :')

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Updated the rules, again... And I will let you decide the points awarded in each category. please read the edited post. #7
    If you need to add or remove something please let me know to fix it right away.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chr. Draco said:

Little late (sorry!) but the thread is really long and has a bit too many rules. imo the following can be cut:

1. Follow all PC and Forum Rules.
    2. Follow this thread rules.
    16. If a creation doesn't follow the rules it will not pass to the voting session, meaning it will not earn points

The first two are self-explanatory already and members should know they need to be following forumwide and thread rules; I don't think it's worth mentioning when the rules are already so long. For 16, it's obvious that if people don't follow the rules they won't be considered, so that can probably be taken out too.

Also, the prompt of the day is blank. Am a bit confused on how that works also. Can we only draw that prompt on the day it's posted?

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Little late (sorry!) but the thread is really long and has a bit too many rules. imo the following can be cut:

The first two are self-explanatory already and members should know they need to be following forumwide and thread rules; I don't think it's worth mentioning when the rules are already so long. For 16, it's obvious that if people don't follow the rules they won't be considered, so that can probably be taken out too.

Also, the prompt of the day is blank. Am a bit confused on how that works also. Can we only draw that prompt on the day it's posted?

I apologize, I have been updating it bit by bit. I tought it was good to leave them at least as a little reminder just in case, no one knows. I'll update the prompt for the following 2 days right away, thanks for reminding me. :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024

I apologize, I have been updating it bit by bit. I thought it was good to leave them just as a reminder. Thanks for reminding me, I Will update the prompt right away for the following 2 days. And yeah the prompts are valid for 2 days, except for masterpiece whose deadline is until the GT ends. Once the voting for the first pompt ends then i'll post the next one.

Back