• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum, and what it means for GSDS.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well, for short: People want the GS Remakes; Nintendo needs a better motivation to start making them; so until then... Nothing's Certain, now.

People wanting a G/S/C remake is the best reason to make one, it would mean that they would have an instance hit that would not only be bought by everyone who bought D/P but also bring back fans of G/S/C that left Pokemon after the second Gen, but have said they would like to play G/S/C again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • But still, that won't make them do the Remakes for certain.
    Also true - don't forget, just because of all the hints, doesn't mean it will happen. Maybe they'll start developing it, and then the project will fail one way or another, or get scrapped. Or they just won't bother anymore.
    But certainly - all of the 'clues', so to speak, suggest that it's likely that it will happen.

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
  • Also true - don't forget, just because of all the hints, doesn't mean it will happen. Maybe they'll start developing it, and then the project will fail one way or another, or get scrapped. Or they just won't bother anymore.
    But certainly - all of the 'clues', so to speak, suggest that it's likely that it will happen.
    Yep. If we knew for sure, such threads wouldn't even be necessary, we'd be posting threads such as: "What are you looking forward to most in GSC" rather than "The implications of Platinum for GSC".

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yep. If we knew for sure, such threads wouldn't even be necessary, we'd be posting threads such as: "What are you looking forward to most in GSC" rather than "The implications of Platinum for GSC".
    And the mods would be deleating threads such as 'OMG WHEN IT COME OUT!?!?!', 'I HAS AN IDEA YOU PLAY AS JASMINE AND FO TO HOENN' and the numourous 'when's the release date' threads as well that would crop up... ;)

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
  • The mods are having enough problems keeping all the Platinum threads in check and those are just about an update to the current gen games...imagine the chaos if all new (albeit remade) games were announced...

cloudffvii2696

hmmm...What should I put here?
    Years
  • My theory is that nintendo put in a bunch of hints in diamond and pearl to be total jerks and make everybody go insane anticipating remakes of G/S. If my theory is true, those guys at nintendo are geniuses.

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
  • lets see if im not correct didnt they do this with R/S where they had a guy from the kanto region and something else but i cant remember but there was atleast two things that referenced kanto but there was no idea they were making a remake of the original games
    but since we know what to expect they are trying to wait long enough for the buzz to die and release it because they re thinking five step ahead of everyone and thus the placed jasmine there for a teaser just as many other people said. come to think of it doesn't she give you some kind of medicine thus another clue and the thing with proffesor oak is he has traveled to all the regions excluding hoenn

Clues to a remake of G/S/C

Secret Potion
    Jasmine

and when i devle deeper and find more clues to a possible remake i will update the list i have

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The main thing with the references is that there are so dang many of them - and also, they are rather major ones.
    They are also more direct to being references in the game, rather then mentiones of the word Hoenn, such are most of the references to other games, which also partly have to do with the structure of cities or gyms (OMG Team Galaxy in same town as Game Corner means another RBY remake!!!).
    Red Gyarados mentioned at beginning of game - one was part of the GSC plot. Jasmine - a Gymleader from GSC. Secret Potion - an item used to progress in the games. Prof Elm is directly mentioned on the subject of eggs, when GSC was the first games to have them (part of the plot).

Again, of course - doesn't mean that it's definite that a GSC remake shall be made - but the references are more direct to the 2nd gen games than the other gens are.

Here be a link to cross-references in generations. It lists what references are there - might add the fact on the game coding to it as well.

Gym Leader Wallace

Run Run Run
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008
    I think Nintendo will make a remake for the money. I mean they probably have an idea that GSC was super popular. They have to milk the cash cow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    It may be my opinion, but I don't think that G/S/C should be remade yet.
    They would hardly bring anything new to the games like the FR and LG ones, like how you could catch the Kanto pokemon that you couldn't get from R/S.
    You could already get all the pokemon (most anyways, excluding specials and stuff) by migrating and trading.
    I'd love to see a G/S remake, but not now. They'll need something big, or that's what I think.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They would hardly bring anything new to the games like the FR and LG ones, like how you could catch the Kanto pokemon that you couldn't get from R/S.
    You could already get all the pokemon (most anyways, excluding specials and stuff) by migrating and trading.
    And what of the new people to the scene, who start off with Diamond and Pearl? Either they have to go and buy old games, such as the GBA games and also Colo and XD, or instead have another game that is basically new for them, andobtain them that way? Besides - that may not be enough for them to say 'oh, we can't do a GS remake now...'. If it makes them money, that's the main thing they will be worried about, not whether we can get the Pokemon or not. Of course - first we have to wait and see.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Do we REALLY need a Johto remake? The only two Johto Pokemon I have absolutely no access to are Ho-oh and Lugia and I could care less about the two to be honest. I can get them all and you can too if you have Wi-fi at the very least. Besides, I don't like the fact that if I do get Platinum, they basically forced the buying of Pokemon Ranch on you, or whatever they're calling it now.

Besides, what was wrong with the originals?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Do we REALLY need a Johto remake? The only two Johto Pokemon I have absolutely no access to are Ho-oh and Lugia and I could care less about the two to be honest. I can get them all and you can too if you have Wi-fi at the very least. Besides, I don't like the fact that if I do get Platinum, they basically forced the buying of Pokemon Ranch on you, or whatever they're calling it now.

Besides, what was wrong with the originals?
    What's wrong with the originals? Nothing - that's why people want to play them. The trouble is - many are now dead, due to the internal battery issue that GSC games had - if the battery died, the game dies.

Other than wanting to play through the game again, and enjoy my favourite region, there's no real need for me to want a remake (have the rare pokes, including Johto ones) - yet I do want one anyway. 'Twas the first Pokemon game I played, and remains a favourite, despite the new upgrades Pokemon games have recived through the years. That added to a good game makes it 'better', IMO. :) Probably the case for many - and again, consider those for who Diamond and Pearl is the first game - they would have a need for Pokes from the GBA games, which they don't have. Not to mention, the GTS only helps those who have seen a Poke they can't get.

But, each to his/her own - some want it, some don't, as they didn't like the game as much as others. Basically - if it does come out, it doesn't mean that you HAVE to get it - but for me, if it was made, I would get it. :)

Also - how does Platinum force you to buy Ranch?

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    Uh-huh...

I see what you mean.
    It would be pretty nostalgic to play through the Johto region again (my favorite region as well), but something that worries me is, what if they remake it, but ruin it a little. I mean, adding new stuff to it would be great, but sometimes adding new things steer the game away from the original.

But that's not the big thing.

I guess the gain in profit would nudge a company to strive in making a game I'd call a masterpiece. This, again, doesn't mean I'd like to see another one soon. If the new kids are barely starting on Diamond and Pearl, then they should play through the past games as well. I don't know if it's just me, but I think if it's already possible, then don't make it extremely easy.

I get what you mean, but that's what I have to say for now.

Basically, what the guy above says.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I say they will come out after platinum for one main reason besides money. Well yeh the main reason is money but I have a few. With fire red and leaf green the game had the best graphics even better than emerald. So to not screw up nintendo will make platinum to finish the trio and then the remake so the graphics can even out and not go from crappy to uber to crappy again. And moon-silver white-old are trademarked and cppyrighted by nintendo. I dont think thats anything to go by.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I say they will come out after platinum for one main reason besides money. Well yeh the main reason is money but I have a few. With fire red and leaf green the game had the best graphics even better than emerald. So to not screw up nintendo will make platinum to finish the trio and then the remake so the graphics can even out and not go from crappy to uber to crappy again. And moon-silver white-old are trademarked and cppyrighted by nintendo. I dont think thats anything to go by.
    Fire red and Leaf Green had the best graphics? Come off of it. They'd more than likely use the same type of graphics for a GSC remake as Diamond and Pearl's ones.
    Also - where's the verification on moon-silver and white-old (gold?) for the names being copy-righted? Heck, thoses names suck to begin with, and secondly don't seem to draw too many parallels to Gold and Silver... there have been other names that were claimed to be copyrighted, but weren't.

Look at the Platinum case - everyone was going Opal, bacause it was a 'copy-righted' name. Much good that did - Nintendo have dozons of gemstones website names covered, but PoemonPlatinum.com itself, had not been bought by them. So there's no point talking about what the name will be anyhow.

Back