• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Years
I have some suggestions.
Update the stats and egg groups, as well as the power and precision of some moves to match the most recent generations.
Also improve the TM compatibility of some Pokémon (Toxicroak for example cannot learn Drain Punch in this generation) or make it possible for those who evolve by Evolution Stones to remember moves from their prevolutions (Unfortunately Roserade, Togekiss and others remember almost nothing) .

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I already completed the stark mountain sidequest but i can't seem to find the secret mewtwo room. Where is it located exactly?

Years
At the Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone City, you need to head to where Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit were being held prisoner, but before entering the chamber where they were being held, you need to look at the corridor in front of it (where those pods are located empty with a floating green substance). Right in the middle of that corridor, to the north is a door that wasn't there before, when you enter there will be Mewtwo, the battle will start as soon as you get close so you better be prepared and save your game.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Yes there is a bug in Following Platinum that sometimes causes double battles to crash, it's not something I can fix unfortunately. At first I thought it was related to gift pokemon but seems way more inconsistent, I suggest saving before double battles and swapping the first and second pokemon in your party to see if it doesn't crash.

If you can't fix the crash, could you make a non-Following Platinum version of the newest patch so that we can have an up-to-date one without the crash?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
If you can't fix the crash, could you make a non-Following Platinum version of the newest patch so that we can have an up-to-date one without the crash?
Unfortunately I can't just tranfer files over and porting all the features would take a loooot of work due to the different scripts between following platinum and the vanilla game.
At that point it may be easier to just switch the base to the fairy type version of Following Plat version, which does not have this bug, and manually remove the fairy type.
But at the moment I have moved on to another project so I don't know when I will have time to look into this.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
After doing some research, I've heard that the crash may be caused by the animation for sending certain Following Pokemon out during a double battle. If you could have your following Pokemon use the normal Poke Ball animation, that may fix the problem.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
I know about that post, but I don't know how the they did it and while I tried to message them they don't seem to be active anymore

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
I know about that post, but I don't know how the they did it and while I tried to message them they don't seem to be active anymore

In that case, I'd really just like to have all the event items and bugfixes in the non-Following version, and maybe the new repel system if it isn't too much work. I don't care about completing the national dex.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
In the download section there is the old patch based on non-following Plat, with the regional dex completable including events, it doesn't have the reusable repel but I don't remember if there were any glaring bugs or general issues

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 18, 2023
Does anyone have the older versions of this rom patch? Version 1.1 or 1.2? I'd like to play with some of the additions, but not all of them.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
I'd like to report a critical bug in the current Following version. Waterfalls can be ascended without HMs, but not descended. I could've softlocked myself if I didn't have a Pokemon that could learn Fly or Waterfall.

Years
Even if this hack is kinda buggy due to Following Pokemon, I'm happy it exists since AFAIK there isn't any other Sinnoh improvement hack that doesn't also add difficulty like Renegade Platinum.

Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 30, 2023
can we PLEASE get an option for the music changes. this would be the perfect romhack if it didn't mess with the music i'm so nostalgic for.

Back