• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Time

Years
  • What games have you spent the most time playing? Are there any games you think you play too long, that are too irresistible to put down? Are there any games that you think you could play more? What do you think makes you play a game for so long or more than other games?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • The game that I have played more than any other game is Skyrim, which is about 160 hours (including each time I've restarted the game). It's so fun to play and there is so much to do. It takes a good 40+ hours for me to complete all of the main quest lines and most of the sidequests. 90% of the games I own never accumulate over 100 hours. The main reason why I've played Skyrim so much is because I own the PC version, so each time I make a new game I download a load of mods that will make it a new experience.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • Like 5 years ago I logged a ridiculous amount of time into Call of Duty 4 multi-player on the 360. The main reason was the quest for 10th prestige and getting the five gold guns.

Within the past couple years I've logged nearly 300 hours on Civ V. With the newest expansion I've began playing it like crazy again.

I've also logged over 100 hours on numerous different Pokemon games.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I've definitely spent most my play time on Pokemon games!

20 hours on FireRed.
    40 hours on White.
    60 hours on Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver.
    80 hours on HeartGold.
    500 hours on Black, I can't believe I traded that away! ... I've bought it and finished it again though...

Currently playing Black 2 with 40 hours logged so far, White 2 has probably got 3 hours maybe? ...
    I've yet to play all my other Gen III games and finish off FireRed.

Years
  • Top 3 that I have information of.

HeartGold: 250 hours
    Persona 4 golden: 200 hours
    Fire Emblem awakening: 94 hours (so far)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've got 200 hours in my White 2 game, but I've been working on completing the National Dex (and obtaining every Pokemon, ever) to boot. I did the same in my Pearl Version and I have 500 hours clocked in that game, and it's the original file.

As for game play for all of my games, I can't even begin to estimate how many hours I spend on them because I play so many different games.

I can, however, see my PS3 play time going sky high this month with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • The games I play the most are Touhou, Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. Brawl. I play them more than other games because they don't get old for me. In Touhou I always try harder modes to see if I can 1CC Hard Mode or Lunatic Mode. And the same goes to Fire Emblem games, I beat them and then I play them again in harder difficulties using different strategies. And since I play Smash competitively that's one game I play a lot.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I don't have exact listing but I can rank franchises.

TOP 5 MOST PLAYED GAMES SERIES

1. Call of Duty
    2. Halo
    3. Pokémon (Turn-based only) [Excluding fake games like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers and Brawl or Rumble or whatever...]
    4. Final Fantasy (7 through 10) [Excluding fake games like Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Dissidia and Final Fantasies 10-2 through 13-2 etc]
    5. Dragon Ball Z (Budokai and Tenkaichi series ONLY)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I've spent the most time in one game on either Battlefield 3 or Pokemon Platinum. I've also spent a lot of time with Modern Warfare 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3.

Years
  • Well, I've logged about 100 hours each in all my Pokemon Games, I've nearing 70 hours in Fire Emblem Awakening, I'll hit 100 hours in Animal Crossing soon, and have about 50 hours in Monster Hunter, but I'll probally be clocking well over 200 hours on that game, because I've barely scratched the surface of it.

In the past I've spend alot of time on Final Fantasy VI-X, and have logged over 100 hours in Sonic Unleashed (Yes, you've heard me right, Sonic Unleashed...because...idkreally.)

I've also spent alot of time on Halo: Reach and Halo 4 Multiplayer, not sure how much, I just know...alot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've played Call of Duty games for a total of 4800 hours, which, according to Google, equals to 200 days. I know, that's a lot. Call of Duty is very easy to get addicted to once you get the hang of it, though. I was addicted to it ever since I was a teenager, haha. I'm also quite addicted to Fire Emblem: Awakening. I fell in love with this game as soon as I got my hands on it. It's very hard for me to simply just put it down. xD"

Last edited:

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
    Years
  • Pokemon games probably have taken most of the time in my life. I have spent so much time playing those. Second is probably FIFA. I cannot stop playing. I love that game Then I would say Assassins creed. Played through the whole series a couple of times and plan to do it again sometime soon.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Oh man, I've spent close to 100 hours on a lot of various RPG files... I am a completionist, it takes me AGES to ~finish games. I'm not at home so I can't check any other game files, but my most recent Pokemon playthrough totals are pretty high...

FireRed: 87
    Emerald: 79
    Platinum: 110

Back