• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    TOOTHPASTE. oh my god haha.

I've also always wondered why they like to shinylocke Legendaries now - anyone want to offer any suggestions? I mean, what's the point? They didn't want the rarity of some to be upped? But... they kinda do that already with giving out event legendaries (ahem.. Jirachi) to not everybody.

Years
    TOOTHPASTE. oh my god haha.

I've also always wondered why they like to shinylocke Legendaries now - anyone want to offer any suggestions? I mean, what's the point? They didn't want the rarity of some to be upped? But... they kinda do that already with giving out event legendaries (ahem.. Jirachi) to not everybody.

What is with all these legends getting shiny locked in recent generations? They make sprites/models with shiny coloring exist yet making them completely unobtainable without hacking. It's quite a mystery.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Wow, just when I thought Yvetal's design couldn't get any worse...

You don't like it? I like Yveltal's design quite a bit actually. I like Red and Black so that's probably why.

The shiny lock makes absolutely no sense to me. Everyone wants a shiny Legendary! Well, maybe not, but there of plenty of people that do.

Years
    You don't like it? I like Yveltal's design quite a bit actually. I like Red and Black so that's probably why.

The red and black colorization is actually pretty much the only thing I do like about the design to be honest. The thing is, I get that it's the mascot of a game called Pokemon Y. But really Gamefreak, did you really have to actually make it shaped like the damn letter? I dunno, I just feel that such a blatant design for a legendary doesn't fit. Something more subtle would have worked much better.

Wicked3DS

Years
    The red and black colorization is actually pretty much the only thing I do like about the design to be honest. The thing is, I get that it's the mascot of a game called Pokemon Y. But really Gamefreak, did you really have to actually make it shaped like the damn letter? I dunno, I just feel that such a blatant design for a legendary doesn't fit. Something more subtle would have worked much better.

Hmm, I think it's pretty cool. Meh, it's whatever, you're allowed to not like it :P I personally don't think the Y shape makes it look bad.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Wow, just when I thought Yvetal's design couldn't get any worse...

Anyway, I never understood why they decided to give Legendaries shiny forms either. To make them even more sought out maybe?

What is with all these legends getting shiny locked in recent generations? They make sprites/models with shiny coloring exist yet making them completely unobtainable without hacking. It's quite a mystery.

I suspect the reason the Shiny Models/Sprites are there, despite being unusable is so that in case somebody decides to say... make every single Pokemon they have be Shiny, the game won't break. Or, there in case they decide to use it later for an event distribution.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would be nice if there weren't any shiny models for legendary Pokémon, considering that they're only one-of-a-kind.

Though, I'm not exactly sure if this has to do anything with breaking games and whatnot. From what I understand, they seem to have some sort of function within which generates shiny versions of each and every Pokémon; if they wanted to make legendaries an exception, they probably could have, but I'm not exactly sure if they had put much thought into it.

Only a minority seem to pay attention to things like this, though (I suppose I could be put into this category), so it's not that big of a deal.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I just wish that Gamefreak would do something with the shiny sprites, since if they never wanted the to be accessible they could have just made the shiny sprite look exactly the same as the normal one. I doubt that there is something ingame that checks to see if the sprites are different, it just pulls whichever sprite Gamefreak assigned it to be "shiny." However, there haven't been any Shiny Victini events that I know of, so their existence is still a bit disappointing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not particularly fond of shiny Victini, sadly, so to me, it's not that much of a huge deal. Though, I'm sure there are many out there who like it, so for them, it'd definitely be nice if such an event had ever existed.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm not particularly fond of shiny Victini, sadly, so to me, it's not that much of a huge deal. Though, I'm sure there are many out there who like it, so for them, it'd definitely be nice if such an event had ever existed.

Ehhhhh.

It's not terrible, but there's something not quite there about Shiny Victini. Like a color is slightly off or something, I'm not sure.

Years

Ehhhhh.

It's not terrible, but there's something not quite there about Shiny Victini. Like a color is slightly off or something, I'm not sure.

I guess it's the white color, it looks kinda blinding to me when stacked up with the orange. Just look at its colors on its sprite/model down below. You two may seem to be right after all, and I think Victini might be one of the shinies I don't like much compared to the original colors.

Player saved the game.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I think I may like it if it was more red instead of orange, but I'm not sure. All I know is the white is alright but it doesn't go with the orange at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I have to agree with above. Speaking of which, if you were given a chance to alter shiny form of any Pokémon, which would it be and how would you make it look?

Me--it would probably have to be Victini, due to reasons stated above. Aside from that, I'm not so sure, haha. Probably Venusaur, so that it would be looking a little more dark and whatnot. Maybe not dark, but I would likely give it a different shade of green, so that every aspect of its body would seem complementing.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'd say I'd alter Tyranitar. Given it's a Dark-type, I'd give its shiny form a look that fits it more. I'm thinking sort of a shiny Haxorus look, but maybe not exactly as to save redundancy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of Haxorus, this is definitely one Pokémon I would change things up with.

When I'd first seen it, I immediately thought as if it was a bug-type (due to its body size and color-combination), and its shiny form looked even more so. If I were given the chance, what I would do is give this Pokémon more bulk, so that it would seem more like a dragon-type. Alongside, I'd also remove its grey coloring, and make it green completely. Same applies for its shiny.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    Feels weird having every legendary ever...I feel kind of godlike. Anyone else feel this way when they got all the legendaries?

Years
    I would have altered Mega Audino's shiny to be pink now that I've discovered it's as lazy of a shiny coloring as Garchomp is. Such a missed opportunity in my opinion, it's basically the same color as normal Mega Audino except having yellow eyes instead of red.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, Audino being pink would be pretty adorable. If its body structure were a little more short, though, I feel that it'd wind up looking sort of similar to Clefable, but thanfully, it isn't!

Feels weird having every legendary ever...I feel kind of godlike. Anyone else feel this way when they got all the legendaries?

I haven't captured each and every legendary Pokémon, before, sadly, so I have no idea how it might feel, haha. Though, being able to finally capture them in general does give a feeling of success, considering how tough they could be at times to actually catch and whatnot. For some, it could take days. Perhaps even weeks.

Years
    It is weird to think about, haha. When I have these legendary Pokémon but they usually never come out of the PC, in fact I even read somewhere that someone thought it'd be irresponsible to have said Pokémon in your PC given what they're supposed to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back