• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I love the name

proved all those people who flamed me for saying platnum was gonna be the name

Most Likely to happen:

1.Dialga and Palkia caught at level 70

2.Volkner is the champ

3.cynthia is in that mountain where you find heatran for a high level battle

4.possibly another region

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    darkcookie.. I have no idea what the hell you just tried to say, there. All I got was if Platinum turned out to be Sinnoh<->Johto, which I feel is rather unlikely, because Kanto and Johto are joined at the hip; sort of like a "you can't have one without the other," kind of thing. I doubt Nintendo would be smart enough to give fan service of the first three-Regioned game in the Pokemon series.

Doesn't she have Magnemites? Magnemites are Electric Pokémon and got steel first in Gen. 2. Also she could have 2 Magnetons now and 1 steelix because Volkner has an Octillery which is a water Pokémon...and there's also a Water Gym or not? Seeing what I mean;) I think her team would be 2 Magnetons 1 Steelix as an extra and maybe a Magnezone since Amphy can't be a Pokémon of her because it's national dex.

One thing I'm surprised that hasn't been said; Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone are all also National Dex. But there are plenty of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon. Not to mention we don't know what's going off with Giratina, and how that will be initiated into the game, with it being a National Dex Pokemon, as well.

Besides, I'd much rather have a remake of Gold and Silver, than have Jasmine somehow become the Leader of Sunyshore. She said she was there for training; not for the Contests, if memory serves. To current knowledge, she's still the Leader of Olivine, and there are far too many Gold and Silver references throughout the games for them just to slap Jasmine in a Sinnoh Gym.

However, they could have it so that you can travel to and from Johto.. that's pretty much still a possibility.. albeit, a rather unlikely one, if I'm honest, for reasons I mentioned in my response to darkcookie.

P.S. I know this is a speculation thread; I'm just stating my own speculations as to what probably won't happen. ;P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I tried to say that if the time of the sinnoh events in platinum were to take place as a remake of g/s that it owuld not be possible. Anyweh exactly. If she were to some to sinnoh and stay that would mean she would have to use boat which would mean region travelling which would mean not happening.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Oh magnemites are National?...Okay then she isn't the leader I think...because that are her signature Pokémon...
    Well but Whitney...I mean...well I hope not. Maybe it's someone new like in Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2010
    All I got was if Platinum turned out to be Sinnoh<->Johto, which I feel is rather unlikely, because Kanto and Johto are joined at the hip; sort of like a "you can't have one without the other," kind of thing.

That's not entirely true, the path to Johto in Fire Red and Leaf Green is blocked. We didn't get Johto then, which was a bit of a disappointment to some, but then again we did get the Sevii Islands to explore instead (although the two really don't equate).

What I'm saying is there is indeed a possibility of Johto being included in Platinum. Nintendo could decide to make the path going to Kanto blocked this time if they do so desire.

If not, I think there's significant evidence that suggests there will be a way to travel to Johto or a Gold and Silver remake in the future.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I like the idea of the three-regioned game. Having 24 badges to obtain would make the game MUCH more interesting, plus if Nintendo included the Sevii-Islands... fun would be had by all!

But... since we all know how 'great' Nintendo is with fan support... we can probably axe that idea out now. (Just look at the new Nintendo website and formus compared to the old... >:O!)

Glaceon_

Years
    That's not entirely true, the path to Johto in Fire Red and Leaf Green is blocked. We didn't get Johto then, which was a bit of a disappointment to some, but then again we did get the Sevii Islands to explore instead (although the two really don't equate).

Well, the original Kanto from Generation 1 never had Johto in it; it would have been really out of place, for them to add it, if I'm honest. Sevii Islands wasn't too bad, and it gave Moltres a better place to reside, than a decrepit old mansion..

What I'm saying is there is indeed a possibility of Johto being included in Platinum. Nintendo could decide to make the path going to Kanto blocked this time if they do so desire.

If not, I think there's significant evidence that suggests there will be a way to travel to Johto or a Gold and Silver remake in the future.

There is, indeed. However, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo at least acknowledge that GSC are probably their most popular Generation; I'll not degrade your thoughts on Johto making an appearance in Platinum, because really, anything can happen with a game that isn't even finished, yet. I just personally think that they will more than likely remake Gold and Silver, over just stretching across to Johto, in Platinum. However, saying that, it could be that they add Johto, so that we can see what happens to "everyone's" favourite Region in the future. On top of that, the biggest bonus would be both, and I think Nintendo will do that. AKA, money in the pocket for them! Win-Win for everyone, I suppose. XD

In RSE, they included (partially hidden) sprites in the audience of the Contests that resembled Pryce and Jasmine. On top of that, in Ruby and Sapphire, there were apparently GSC music files, within the game that were left unused. That, in my opinion, could have influenced a remake of the original Second Generation upon the fan base, but instead, we got Generation I as a remake within Generation III. With the greatly increased number of cameos in Generation IV, (of which there were a great deal of them; both in the Anime, as well as the games) Gold and Silver remakes are probably the most anticipated Pokemon game that hasn't even been announced, yet.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    I'm thinking you're getting this wrong. You can obtain Giratina on D and P, but on Pearl you can get Palkia and on Diamond you can get Dialga. On Platinum, you can get both Dialga and Palkia.
    I'd say that that is exactly how it wil be.

im assuming that platinum will be able to trade with D/P, but can you trade different forms to D/P? like can giratina's origin form be traded to diamond, etc?
    It's probably like deoxys in R/S/E, and it will automaticaly take the form of that game.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I'd say that that is exactly how it wil be.

It's probably like deoxys in R/S/E, and it will automaticaly take the form of that game.

Well Nintendo can't update the cartridges so yeah Giratina would change it's form because the origin forme sprite is not implented in D/P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well Nintendo can't update the cartridges so yeah Giratina would change it's form because the origin forme sprite is not implented in D/P
    Κioshi technically they could update the cartridges. But its the matter if nintendo wants to update them. The thing im saying is if your confused is that through the new channel in the wii they can send patches to the game. Now like I said its a matter of nintendo wanting to do that.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    yeah. I agree to most of the posts and I believe the arceus will have something to do with the game = Origin Forme, Hall Of Origin. Does anybody know what on madonna's crab infested knickers those black splats are on that pic of Cyrus summoning Dialga and Palkia. I also think that platinum is a lame name, hence Pearl = Palkia, Diamond = Dialga and Platinum = Giratina? I mean wtf??? Anyhow, I believe that Dialga and Palkia (Who I will abbreviate as Di & Pa) are keeping Giratina's dimension physically stable, and as they have both been removed Giratina's world collapses and you have to "Remove" Cyrus and catch Giratina to calm Sinnoh and seal up his dimension. Meanwhile, while calming Girantina (Abb. to Gir) Di & Pi will run, and you will have to find them in caves that alter in location like in Emerald. I also think that turnback cave will be used to change Gir's form. Maybe when Cyrus releases all 3 the world will go into a state of unbalance and all plants will die, all pokemon get ill etc. and you will have to summon Shaymin in her new form to reinvigorate the world, before she retreats.

On a semi-unrelated topic i caught my Giratina in a Dusk Ball at full health :P. I also wonder if anybody has pictures of spear pillar, turnback cave, sendoff springs etc. If they do I will be very grateful.

Joe

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yeah. I agree to most of the posts and I believe the arceus will have something to do with the game = Origin Forme, Hall Of Origin.

In Japan, Hall of Origin is roughly translated as "Beginning Demension" :/ So they really don't connect.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Is this true?
    It's supposed to be Regigigas Sky Form:
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

I think it's fake.

Credits: Studio Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    The sky form might be fake, but there has been unconfirmed (or confirmed... idk) reports that Shaymin and Regigigas both get new forms... although an alternate Shaymin form was faked earlier on...

I personally think it's fake... too earlier to release ALL of the forms.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I like the idea of the three-regioned game. Having 24 badges to obtain would make the game MUCH more interesting, plus if Nintendo included the Sevii-Islands... fun would be had by all!

But... since we all know how 'great' Nintendo is with fan support... we can probably axe that idea out now. (Just look at the new Nintendo website and formus compared to the old... >:O!)

having all the regions would be great. however, to place all this onto one cartridge would be quite an effort. in the past weve been required to have two versions of the game with separate pokemon catchable on each that define difference. maybe they were required to do this to save space for essentials, or maybe its just to get people to join and play pokemon together. if this was the case, there would be two versions of a remake. just like gold and silver is joined to crystal and red and bue are joined with yellow (in a way). so really diamond and pearl are the linkings of platinum. it will basically do what the past games have done,with extra features and minor changes. no biggy.

however, i think they should fill the gap; somehow jhoto is none existent in the newer gens. i would personally love to see its return in all new colours and 3d style, and the gym leaders and the badges. same goes for kanto as well :)

though the chances of this are slim since all the pokemon are available in some way. i dont think they would be willing to add more other than to throw some more rarities onto platinum and leave it at that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    personally, i hope the regigigas form is fake, cuz it looks pretty lame to me. unless nintendo used up all their good ideas on giratina's origin forme.
    EDIT: wat are these? the black things i've circled:

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Years
    having all the regions would be great. however, to place all this onto one cartridge would be quite an effort. in the past weve been required to have two versions of the game with separate pokemon catchable on each that define difference. maybe they were required to do this to save space for essentials, or maybe its just to get people to join and play pokemon together. if this was the case, there would be two versions of a remake. just like gold and silver is joined to crystal and red and bue are joined with yellow (in a way). so really diamond and pearl are the linkings of platinum. it will basically do what the past games have done,with extra features and minor changes. no biggy.

That's Nintendo's gimmick of making people either have to trade with friends, or buy both games, to complete the Pokedex. Sort of like their gimmick with the N64, where they put "64" at the end of most every game out for it. Megaman 64, Mario Kart 64.. I could go on, but I'd be here for days. It wouldn't surprise me if the cartridges they use have double, or even triple the capacity they're actually using for their games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back