• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh gee, you sure seem to know a lot about a game that hasn't been released, and nobody knows anything about. You're clearly right.

Also, it's funny how you think that Platinum is supposed to be something new. It's not. It's a quick cash in for Nintendo. Of course it's going to be similar to every other Pokemon game ever released.

You mean this?
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

The same one that pretty much everyone on the internet has seen by now?

Well all i heard was rumours and pictures.Besides, it will probably be disappointing for many pokemon fans knowing that it will turn out like emerald.
    you don't have to act like that every time you see a post you don't like or disagree with.
    but thats all it is so far. Rumours, and nothing more.
    and besides, can you tell me where in my post i said platinum was going to be a new game? I just pointed out similarities in the game.
    everyone knows it is a "quick cash-in" for nintendo, but most hope for it to be more different than before.
    and UGAtyler07, its probably going to be normal form since origin form wasn't announced in d/p, but it may be possible for giratina to stay in its origin form.

Cyrus55

Whee ! done with scripter.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2012
    Cyrus 2 ( Platinum )

I hope there will be a change in Cyrus Pokemon Team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    it will probably be disappointing for many pokemon fans knowing that it will turn out like emerald.

Why would that be disappointing? No offense, but I think by now, after Crystal and Emerald, it should be expected. I mean, it can't add TOO much to Diamond and Pearl because it's the third game in the set - not a brand new game altogether. Yes, things will be different, and hopefully there will be much more content. Just... not anything like new Pokemon (not counting new forms, or ~*~formes~*~, rather) or going back to the old countries.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Exactly. Also so far this is all thats swirling in my head bout diamond/pearl and sutff leading to platinum conclusions or spioff/gs remake games:
    1. The storage pcs are exactly the same model as the ones in pokemon colloseum.
    2. The last time I checked the floor in the PC had a gold/silver pokeball.
    3. Jasmine in sunnyshore.
    4. Secretpowder to give to psyducks.
    5. Turnback cave has to have a bigger role. Yeas what im trying to say is that like the cave of origin spear pillar will do crap and turnback cave will.
    6. Inverse universe might be in.
    7. The psycic trio of demented bunny things wont have a roll(mabye)
    8. Im out of things to say except for the fact that nintendo better think strategic for a game that got announced with non more og a time limit then 4 months. 4!!!!

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    Exactly. Also so far this is all thats swirling in my head bout diamond/pearl and sutff leading to platinum conclusions or spioff/gs remake games:
    1. The storage pcs are exactly the same model as the ones in pokemon colloseum.
    2. The last time I checked the floor in the PC had a gold/silver pokeball.
    3. Jasmine in sunnyshore.
    4. Secretpowder to give to psyducks.
    5. Turnback cave has to have a bigger role. Yeas what im trying to say is that like the cave of origin spear pillar will do crap and turnback cave will.
    6. Inverse universe might be in.
    7. The psycic trio of demented bunny things wont have a roll(mabye)
    8. Im out of things to say except for the fact that nintendo better think strategic for a game that got announced with non more og a time limit then 4 months. 4!!!!

eh? what is "Inverse universe" and... "psycic trio of demented bunny things"??!!!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ιnverse universe is the dimension that giratina protects and psycic trio of demented bunny things is my way of calling the psycic trio of the lakes.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I really hope they expand on the whole mythology with Arceus and the others. Since they've got all this going for Giratina, I'd like to see what role it plays in the stories involving creation and such.

I also wonder if it'll be like it was with Deoxys in FR/LG, where if you transfer your Giratina from Diamond or Pearl it'll automatically turn into its origin form?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Ιnverse universe is the dimension that giratina protects and psycic trio of demented bunny things is my way of calling the psycic trio of the lakes.

Actually, its a Parallel Universe/Dimension, thereby referred to as a world on the reverse of the games'; (I tend to call worlds like that "Parallel Dimensions", because that's pretty much what they are) its said to travel between its own and the games' world in its Origin form.

..and I'd have never thought you were talking about Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie from that. That Lake Guardians or Legendaries of the Lakes would have worked a hell of a lot better.

Actually, I'm not sure how those three will be integrated into the story, since they aren't really related to Giratina, but I'm sure they'll find something, since Palkia and Dialga are in the background of that game play screenshot.

..and for the Arceus legend thing.. I'm none too bothered about it. In my opinion, it just looks like an excuse to add another Legendary into an already over-legendary-populated series. In my opinion, they should have really focused on making some sort of Fire type, what with there being such a small number to choose from as it is; not including the fact that they only used five Fire type Pokemon in Diamond/Pearl, with which, three were evolutions of the remaining two. I hope they see that error, in Generation 5, because let's face it; we all know it'll happen. *nods*

I preferred the speculation of Mew being the "Original One" from the original RBY series, just to place a final cap on the situation.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well yeh mew is the original one. anyweh um turnback cave has the 4th mysterious lake. So question. Can you explore the lake in D/P or no?

Glaceon_

Years
    Well, its pretty likely that they'll have Turnback Cave in Platinum. As for exploration in Diamond and Pearl, you can actually Surf on its surface, I believe. There's not really much you can explore, on a lake, though.

Glaceon_

Years
    I don't quite understand your meaning by "the end", but.. the surface is the whole of the lake, so yes, the whole of the lake should be accessible. There's no more to a lake as there is a patch of grass, in which you encounter Pokemon in.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Gah im trying to see if a part of it was hidden like mabye since not all of the lake is acceciblr mabye you find a hidden area or something. But since you cleared it for me thats not it. Um also spear pillar you think were you get an item on that hill in the back mabye a cave opens?

Glaceon_

Years
    Though it could be possible there's a hidden cavern around the area, one hasn't been officially noted, in D/P. If the place should make a return in Platinum, I suspect that it will be no different than its D/P counterpart. The entirety of visible lake area can be fully accessed, and if you want, I can show you an, albeit terrible quality image, of the area.

I'll list them, though:

- Main entrance access; this includes the first, big patch of grass, and up to the exterior Rock Climb wall.
    - The entirety of the area around the Lake, from both sides, leading to the internal Rock Climb wall at the north tip.
    - The lake, itself; you can actually Surf on it.
    - Turnback Cave; obviously, can be accessed, as you obtain Giratina from it.

I suspect that Giratina will be capable of switching forms, at where you would have usually encountered it.

Not meaning to sound offensive, but you really need to make clear what you're meaning; what I'm getting is you think there's an extra area to the Spring Path in D/P, which there isn't, unless you mean Turnback Cave.

If you're thinking there may be one in Platinum, all's fair; no one knows what that has in it, since it hasn't been released, and is up for speculation. *points to thread title*

funkeboodha

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Platinum seems along the lines of Emerald, so you can probably expect anything HUGE, just lots of refinements. with that being said:

hmmm...i agree with the ppl above—i'd like to hear more of the back story for the legendaries and how they all tie in together. a longer story and more side-quests for new items.

heres my big idea:

GENERAL UI UPDATES:
    what always annoyed me was when you have 40+ items, scrolling from the top to the bottom to the top gets annoying. how about implementing that touch screen more and putting in "next/previous page" buttons, huh? better yet, draggable items for easy organization. DP seemed like a graphically enhanced GBA game with minimal touch screen support. this is probably too much to expect, but i was really disappointed that they didnt implement a movement control scheme like the one used in Pokemon Ranger or Animal Crossing. you can use the stylus to walk around but you could also use the D-pad if you wanted.

AND streamlining the trade process. (man! that trade animation gets pretty annoying after a while.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Though it could be possible there's a hidden cavern around the area, one hasn't been officially noted, in D/P. If the place should make a return in Platinum, I suspect that it will be no different than its D/P counterpart. The entirety of visible lake area can be fully accessed, and if you want, I can show you an, albeit terrible quality image, of the area.

I'll list them, though:

- Main entrance access; this includes the first, big patch of grass, and up to the exterior Rock Climb wall.
    - The entirety of the area around the Lake, from both sides, leading to the internal Rock Climb wall at the north tip.
    - The lake, itself; you can actually Surf on it.
    - Turnback Cave; obviously, can be accessed, as you obtain Giratina from it.

I suspect that Giratina will be capable of switching forms, at where you would have usually encountered it.

Not meaning to sound offensive, but you really need to make clear what you're meaning; what I'm getting is you think there's an extra area to the Spring Path in D/P, which there isn't, unless you mean Turnback Cave.

If you're thinking there may be one in Platinum, all's fair; no one knows what that has in it, since it hasn't been released, and is up for speculation. *points to thread title*
    Υep im trying to say a new area somewhere in spring path or near the lake.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Interesting.. how long will speculation go on, eh? I guess we have to wait! Can't wait though. I like the idea of the items screen.. it really does annoy me! And a hidden place sounds.. well, fairly probable, if you ask me. I wonder how many things it might/might not have?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Serebii says they'll have some new Platinum news/pics this week! So there will is some news on the way. Why can't Serebii just give the news now, not later? Unless they don't know and are guessing.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    When the bloody hell did you hear this?! Im there everyday pratically.Sorry bout snapping. Just saw that. Im pumped now and I cant wait to see whats in store. They probably got it from a leak seeing as E3 is round the corner. Or nintendo is being kind.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Nintendo, being kind? Heh heh, that would destroy the main point, Darkcookie! Having information from leaks is more exciting for me! New pictures of Platinum? They do tend to keep us waiting, eh? I wonder what the new photos will show? I hope they are ineteresting, maybe a new area?

EDIT: Check this, Serebii have said on their website:
    More than likely we'll have some new Platinum news/pic/info at some point next week, look forward to that.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back