• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I want origin form Giratina (I mean, who doesn't).Make DIALGA and PALKIA either lv:50/70. Make Giratina a bit more realistic when it comes to catching (I caught it in a Quick Ball on the 53rd turn although this could just be a problem with the balls). Better pokemon battles and less confusing tasks.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    I just hope the story is deeper, and not the usual "Let's take over the world with a Legendary Pokemon for no reason at all", give Cyrus reasons to do that.How about something like this:
    Giratina was sealed somewhere between space and time, and when Cyrus tries to capture Palkia and Dialga, time and space are thrown out of balance, releasing Giratina, which was his plan all along, so that he could merge the Reverse world with the real world(if the real world is where there is good everywhere, the reverse one is where evil rules.)Or the reverse world is where the souls of the dead go, so by merging both worlds, those who are dead will regain life, so maybe Cyrus is trying to revive someone with a with an important role in his past.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I just hope the story is deeper, and not the usual "Let's take over the world with a Legendary Pokemon for no reason at all", give Cyrus reasons to do that.How about something like this:
    Giratina was sealed somewhere between space and time, and when Cyrus tries to capture Palkia and Dialga, time and space are thrown out of balance, releasing Giratina, which was his plan all along, so that he could merge the Reverse world with the real world(if the real world is where there is good everywhere, the reverse one is where evil rules.)Or the reverse world is where the souls of the dead go, so by merging both worlds, those who are dead will regain life, so maybe Cyrus is trying to revive someone with a with an important role in his past.
    hm... interesting. dark. sick. twisted.

I like that one.

Don't you know? the next two games with be named after ice cream flavors. I can't wait to play Chocolate version.
    OMGOMGOMG. seraphinw1, you gave me a BRILLIANT Idea!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I HAVE PLACED AN ENGLISH PICTURE OF POKEMON PLATINUM IN MY ALBUMS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
    I really mean it...

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I HAVE PLACED AN ENGLISH PICTURE OF POKEMON PLATINUM IN MY ALBUMS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
    I really mean it...

So what, old pictures that we've seen before, only putting them in your profile to gain more views? ._.

I'd die if Johto was included. That would be the bomb.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Can someone tell me the starters of this game? Or is it not decided?

edit: ^ and yes, I love Johto so i would love it, too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    i think the part about traveling away is a good idea i mean the games seem to end right when you get good pokemon at good levels and you dont really have anything to do with them so you take them other regions and you use them to battle new pokemon but i also think that being able to catch starter pokemon in the wild would be kind of fun i dont know if that makes much since i just always thought that would make it a good game plus they need to have a big epic battle at the end where you have to beat someone who has gone insane and has caught giratini and uses him in battle and after you win he gets set free and you get to battle it to catch it just sum sort of twist at the end like that would make it pretty fun

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    not a speculation, but an order: TUTOR MOVES NOW!! a lot of pokes need buffs.

EDIT: also, have you guys noticed how in the battle shot, the character has the normal red colored hat on and in the overworld shot, he has a blue one on? well, my speculation is that it's not just another outfit. it's the same outfit, but i think now we can choose between several colors.

Years
    not a speculation, but an order: TUTOR MOVES NOW!! a lot of pokes need buffs.

EDIT: also, have you guys noticed how in the battle shot, the character has the normal red colored hat on and in the overworld shot, he has a blue one on? well, my speculation is that it's not just another outfit. it's the same outfit, but i think now we can choose between several colors.

Did you even read anything that anyone's been saying? In the pic of Giratina, the person in a blue hat is Cyrus, and that blue hat is his hair.

Jesus.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    oh. sorry, didn't bother reading all those posts ._.

but hey! that doesn't mean my speculation is off. wait... was his hair always blue? XD

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Now you mentioned it, yeah move tutors will be nice and they must add them. Especially the element punches.
    *Toxichealthunderpunchingbreloom*

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    My opinion

Personally, I hope they do make a gsc reemake, with the legendarys included. (like how in gsc you can get ho-oh/lugia/3 dogs)
    Also, about the red gyarados, it is mentioned in DP at the start, saying its in the lake,
    well i decided to take a look, and to my surprise, I actually found it! It was LV 40 like the one in gsc. (i dont know if it was chance, or if it was supposed to be there)
    And there are HEAPS of johto references in DP, like the gym leader from johto, for example.

Years
    Qwerty-117
    My opinion
    Personally, I hope they do make a gsc reemake, with the legendarys included. (like how in gsc you can get ho-oh/lugia/3 dogs)
    Also, about the red gyarados, it is mentioned in DP at the start, saying its in the lake,
    well i decided to take a look, and to my surprise, I actually found it! It was LV 40 like the one in gsc. (i dont know if it was chance, or if it was supposed to be there)
    And there are HEAPS of johto references in DP, like the gym leader from johto, for example.

Yeah I would love a remake of G/S/C but I doubt that this third title will be it.

If you compare Emerald to R/S there was alot of difference between them three, but nothing epic like another region

There is alot of mention of Jhoto in D/P but I guessing that is for another set of games

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I'll also point out a problem I have with that shot: comparing to the Japanese versions of the Pokémon games, when a wild Pokémon appears, it usually says:
    やせいの [Pokémon name]が とびだしてきた!

In the official Japanese shot, it says
    やせいの [Pokémon name]が あらわれた!

"あらわれた" can mean "appeared".

I'd be led to believe that there would be a change in the English text to reflect this, rather than just simply "A wild GIRATINA appeared!".

But if that's not enough, I also doubt the source of the picture. I highly doubt that's a true picture. Unless you can identify it's origin, then I'm not convinced it's real.

This was one of the first points I went to check out when I saw the picture.

Checking through the game, I found that "あらわれた" was used rather than "とびだしてきた" for stationary legendary Pokemon. So it would be correct in this case as Giratina, I assume, would be stationary upon Mt Coronet as Diaruga/Parukia were.

And as the picture is now on the official Nintendo website for Japan... I would have to say it would be the real thing.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Does anyone think that the revealing of Platinum could give new hope to the existance of a ??? Arceus. Perhaps a ??? plate?

For a little extra info: ??? has no weaknesses nor resistance and is not super effective against anything.

Hackers have made ??? Type moves, with bad results.

Even when they give it 255 Power, the highest an attack can get, It only takes 1-2 HP from Everything, including Pokemon like Weedle and Magikarp. So Basically, ??? Type Judgement would be even more Useless than a Blissey's Pound!!!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    guys, wait a minute. Jasmine was the STEEL Gym Leader.

We have one alread-

wait a minute. 2/3 of her team is Electric... so, maybe her "former type"-she mentioned she used to train another type. maybe it was Electric?

if that's the case, she COULD be the new Sunyshore Leader.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Either Electric or Rock, actually. But there are still no new photos, so no idea on this...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 20, 2008
    My Hope for Platinum

You know how GSC was Johto, then Kanto remade? Maybe in Platinum you can access Johto and Jasmine will keep her regular role as a Johto Gym Leader. If any of that doesnt happen, obviously Jasmine will be Sunyshore's Leader in Sinnoh. I hope for one day you can have enough memory and space for 2 save files.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back