• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    That morpher is only used in our world to get it to origin form. Otherwise, it's in Orign Forme in the Torn World, Another Forme in our world.

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    The reason that they don't release it outside of Japan for several months is because that's how long it takes them to translate an entire game into English. And think of new names for Pokémon *coughgarchompcough*
    <.<
    >.>

wait, i thought that they weren't making any new pokemon. Are they? That would be a lot of pokemon if they are making more. Also, yea, i guess the game does have to get translated....I wish they could just do it in advance....

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I like the new sprites and in the Wi-Fi battle of Torterra and Garchomp vs. Empoleon and Infernape is cool...

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Just posting an image of the new sprites. It isn't very clear, but you can obviously see the difference. I'm not sure how much I'll like Torterra's sprite, but Garchomp's looks much cooler.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    did you notice that the game looks almost completely 3d when on the rock wall and the waterfall?

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I wouldn't say it takes the DS' 3D capabilities to the ultimax, it's just some cool 3D, there are games in full 3D out for the DS you know, for example Mario 64 DS that was released like... 4 years ago or something, so it shouldn't be that hard for them to implement one area in it.

Pokefan92

Poke Fan for Generations
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I guess that clears things up. I do like how the torn world is 3D! It looks super cool and nothing like something ive ever seen in pokemon before. I will be cool to walk on the walls and whatnot, and that waterfall!I so cannot wait!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That would be accurate - first comes translation, then comes bug-testing.

Also keep in mind that Nintendo of America caters for three languages - English, French and Spanish. For most games, the English translation team likely works on the game first (and makes development edits and other graphics editing), then the French and Spanish teams get to work. The game then has to be extensively tested and bugs must be pruned out.

Basically, translation is not the only thing being done.
    Yes, they not only just translate it, also localize it too. Since there are cultural difference between country to country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back