• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    So if Platinum is supposed to be similar to Emerald, does that mean the player is capable of capturing Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. And if so, where would you catch Dialga and Palkia. In Emerald, you caught Kyogre in Marine Cave and Groudon in Terra Cave, both places never mentioned in Sapphire or Ruby.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    So if Platinum is supposed to be similar to Emerald, does that mean the player is capable of capturing Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. And if so, where would you catch Dialga and Palkia. In Emerald, you caught Kyogre in Marine Cave and Groudon in Terra Cave, both places never mentioned in Sapphire or Ruby.

Up to now it's unknown. All we know is that Pialka and Dialga are in the background when Giratina appears. So we can only think that we're able to catch both (I believe we're able to). But where isn't known but I think there will be new caves, too or even new places for both

Years
    Maybe Dialga will be near Canalave City because it has a library and would have books that deal with time and Palkia will be somewhere near Veilstone City because Team Galactic's Headquarter's is there and they are obsessed with Space.

Palkia = Space = Veilstone City
    Dialgia = Time = Canalave City

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I suppose that something would be in the Celestic Town's cave. There was nothing there in Diamond and Pearl, so I'd expect something there. It would highly interest me if you could actually go into space to see Palkia and go back to prehistoric / futuristic times to find Dialga - but I doubt that will happen.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Forgotten Memory told me about this. From what he told me, it sounds like Emerald in Sinnoh.
    The 2 legendaries get into a fight after being awakened by the Evil team(s). Then another legendary who just happens to be on the game box has to be found, awakened, and fixes it. Sound like Emerald to you?

Years
    It will proberly be like the other third installments like everyone says.

Silver = Lugia
    Gold = Ho-oh
    Crystal = Lugia/Ho-oh

Sapphire = Kyogre/Rayquaza
    Ruby = Groudon/Rayquaza
    Emerald = Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza

Diamond = Dialga/Giratina
    Pearl = Palkia/Giratina
    Platinum = Dialga/Palkia/Giratina

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    Maybe Dialga will be near Canalave City because it has a library and would have books that deal with time and Palkia will be somewhere near Veilstone City because Team Galactic's Headquarter's is there and they are obsessed with Space.

Palkia = Space = Veilstone City
    Dialgia = Time = Canalave City

Well you have a point there.... but better places would be if you actually got to go to space and travel through time.

btw; can someone put up the pic of giratina with dialga and palkia behind it please, it was in yankeeX's album, but the album is gone now and i forgot to save the pics while i was there.

also; it seems like Platinum is going to be the last pkmn game made, IDK why, but something makes me think that. I've also heard about a pkmn opal, though every thing they say about it is what they say about platinum. <though platinum would be a better name>

Years
    btw; can someone put up the pic of giratina with dialga and palkia behind it please, it was in yankeeX's album, but the album is gone now and i forgot to save the pics while i was there.

Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Here you go.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Earlier, someone mentioned what would happen to Turnback Cave if you could catch Giratina at Mt. Coronet. I think it will be used to switch between Giratina's forms much like the meteors for Deoxys in Veilstone.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    also; it seems like Platinum is going to be the last pkmn game made, IDK why, but something makes me think that. I've also heard about a pkmn opal, though every thing they say about it is what they say about platinum. <though platinum would be a better name>

No, if there's more money to be made, they're going to keep dishing out more Pokemon.

And Opal is just a rumor. We don't need Platinum and Opal running around.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I just hope that there won't be any new Pokémon... With the actual 493 we have more than enough. I actually like G/S/C the best because those 251 Pokémon are a perfect number but I think that 493 are too much. Also the desings on some are really worse.

And if they make new, they should make a completely new game with a completely new set of Pokémon and not adding some to the 493 again. I mean how shall we get a favourite team if there are around 600 Pokémon? You lose the overview. With 251 it was good. With 151 it was good, too but there were too less in actually.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    That is a nice theory, however there is a chance it could be just like Emerald and the Cave of Origin, which was completely useless in that game compared to Ruby/Sapphire.

Naw, having a fourth lake and a creepy cave is too much of an investment to waste. It'll probably still be used for something or other, even if it's just to allow you to swap Giratina's formes.

The impression that the screen shot gave me was that Giratina emerged to protect the other two Version Mascots, so it's likely that Galactic are hunting for Dialga and Palkia still. And I would love Celestial City and the cave there to be used for something important.

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Here you go.
    awesome...
    thanx! ive been looking everywhere for that!
    btw; what are the black splodges?

No, if there's more money to be made, they're going to keep dishing out more Pokemon.

And Opal is just a rumor. We don't need Platinum and Opal running around.
    I suppose that would be right, the money part and the opal part..

Last edited:

Rupp

Strategy!
    Years
    Does anyone know a real release date for Pokemon Platinum in America? Or has it even been annoucned yet ?

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
    dont think the trip to johto will happen though i have heard a rumour that nintendo have copyrighted dawn hold and dusk silver but like i said its a rumour, expect anything

Yeah, Nintendo copyrighted the names in PBR (I'm fairly sure, it could have been something else; the point is, Nintendo has copyrighted them), so it's extremely likely Gold and Silver will be remade into such.

As far as Platinum goes, I'd also like the ability to go back and re-battle the gym leaders, as well as a revamp in the E4 (I'm guessing Volkner's going to be a new addition, considering he won't be running the Sunyshore Gym any longer).

I'd love it if Nintendo would actually mix up the sequence of things a bit, the series is getting so repetitive. Seriously, how many professors are there that have exactly three pokemon, always the same three different types (grass, fire, water), and always seems to be doing research with the assistance of the Pokedex?

I would appreciate it if Team Galactic was a bit stronger this time around (assuming, of course, you once again have to defeat them). They're ridiculously easy to beat in D/P.

Definitely some better Pokemon design if they're planning on adding more pokemon (God forbid).

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Here's a question for everyone. How does Giratina change forms? Probably a move in battle. Or will it be like Deoxys?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back