• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poem of the Week 5

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Very nice poems. I want to enter this. How do I figure out the due date, current theme, the first post was a bit confusing :S all that mumbo jumbo etc.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I announced in the main post that I well let the contest entry period gone on forever until I think there are enough entries.
    And apparently there a quite a bunch now. I may close it soon.
    But don't worry, Project. You can enter.

Oh yeah, your entry is in, Fearless Love.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I can still enter right? If not, then disregard this post.

Spoiler:
    Meh, I just had nothing better to do.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I can still enter right? If not, then disregard this post.

Spoiler:
    Meh, I just had nothing better to do.
    Yes, you can participate. Your entry will now be considered for judging.
    Also, I'm a bt confused regarding the last line. Is it a part of your poem? :P
    No wait, it isn't. ^^;

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Of course there's still time to enter. Don't worry.
    Your entry is in now.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If you don't mind me saying, this seems a bit disorganized. I think you should have extended the entry period by a set amount of days/weeks and stated as such in the OP. It would be nice to lose the vagueness, which I personally find a bit off-putting.

/rude post is rather rude. Sorry.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    It's okay. No hard feelings.
    And it's true, I will soon come up with a date for the end of the contest entry period.

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
  • I'd like to enter with this poem, it doesn't have a name but yea.

Spoiler:

If you want help organising this i'm here, being the creator of the SOTW (On another account due to the new naming system) and helping it run for quite a while I could help with the due date system and so on.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Your entry is now in.
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I can manage. I'll drop word to you if I may need assistance.

-Announcement-
    I am finally making a closing date for the contest. Sorry for the delays, but this weekend is very busy for me.
    The contest will be closed on October 14, 2010 (Thursday).
    I'll admit it. I have been a little bit lazy too.
    .......Sorry. :cer_blush:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    If you want help organising this i'm here, being the creator of the SOTW (On another account due to the new naming system) and helping it run for quite a while I could help with the due date system and so on.
    I think TJgamer can handle it. The delays were due to.. well, there was only one entry in the first week. We can't judge just one entry and declare a winner. I know that the due date was dragged on for a bit too long, but no one can be blamed for it.

SOTW is a different issue all together. The Graphics sub-forum is quite popular and active. It isn't the same with the Poetry section. Lately, it has been quite inactive, though I can see some news poems coming in.

monkeyandhead

Years
  • I think TJgamer can handle it. The delays were due to.. well, there was only one entry in the first week. We can't judge just one entry and declare a winner. I know that the due date was dragged on for a bit too long, but no one can be blamed for it.

SOTW is a different issue all together. The Graphics sub-forum is quite popular and active. It isn't the same with the Poetry section. Lately, it has been quite inactive, though I can see some news poems coming in.

Yeah, I guess you and TJgamer are right.
    There is a positive if you have it week by week though, my second rate peoms chances instantly go up! Haha! ;)

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Monkeyandhead, the judges and I have briefly discussed about your entry.
    It does not exactly fit with the theme. The theme is Romance. Yours, however, seems to be Beauty or Joy.
    Don't get the wrong idea; I really like your poem.
    But, if you want to be in the contest, you'll have to start over.
    ....Don't worry. There's still time.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Enough that there's some sort of competition between entries. Otherwise, it's just really pointless to even have a competition because the same person will always win.

I mean, it's only a few more days, and you're still going to have to wait because the judges will have to discuss who will be the winner.

And the length of time will allow those who haven't entered yet, or have to rewrite their poems, like monkeyandhead, to get their poems in. Otherwise, this would be a boring competition, as I said.

Also, one of the judges as a job that won't allow zir to judge until the fourteenth, so this competition ends on a good day for everyone involved.

monkeyandhead

Years
  • Already told you in PM that I understand why my doesn't fit so well with the theme.
    I hope this one fits because the theme 'Romance' is just strangling my mind atm.
    Spoiler:

I think it panned out alright, but just for security I've got another I wrote up below : ).
    Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Sorry I came off a bit rude. I should be more patient... I didn't really understand how this whole thing comes together and such. Sorry. ^^;

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Already told you in PM that I understand why my doesn't fit so well with the theme.
    I hope this one fits because the theme 'Romance' is just strangling my mind atm.
    Spoiler:
    This one fits into the theme. I'll begin judging it.

Sorry I came off a bit rude. I should be more patient... I didn't really understand how this whole thing comes together and such. Sorry. ^^;

Awww! Don't worry. I know you are kinda impatient to know the result. ;) So was I when I first entered. :P

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Already told you in PM that I understand why my doesn't fit so well with the theme.
    Spoiler:

I read it over carefully and...yes! It qualifies.
    Your entry is in.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Haha, don't worry about coming off as rude. I can understand the meaning behind your post. And really, while the wait is a long one for those who entered, the way that we have it set up now works for both the entrants and the judges, so there's no problems there.

Except for the waiting.

And yes, monkeyandhead, your poem fits this theme. I would have posted before TJgamer, but...forgot.

Back