• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Erm, I hosted the SWC on the last get-together and I just seem to think that it's a fun thing to do again. So, I'll happily host the "Writing Christmas All Over Again!" with anyone! :D
    Now that I have more knowledge about hosting writing contests, yay.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Obviously you forgot all about a costume contest. Dress up as some christmas figure (Santa, Reindeer, Sleigh with a big fat subwoofer etc.) and voters/judges vote for who they like the best.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I'd like to put forward an idea

I enjoyed hosting and judging the AMV contest so I think we should do that again.

The Heavenly AMV contest.
    Enter your best christmas or holiday season themed AMV and let them all duke it out in the grand arena. This time the AMVs won't be judged, they will be voted upon. :p

Mind if I help you host this as well? I enjoy making AMV's so this would actually be my first event I would join.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I'd gladly accept you two as Co-hosts (Depending on the rules if it allows that many co-hosts) as long as you make sure to participate in the hosting. :3 I am already formulating a way to count the votes and keep them generally private. :p
    Awesome, cool. I think the maximum is three... Not sure, though.
    And yeah I'll participate of course. Aha, well once the event organizing and such start we can discuss that. :P

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Eew, why'd you name my event Santo Who? >__> *ragequit*

Fine, but I want to host again XD. And I said, I need question contributors and Co-hosts.

Also, I was sorta planning on a dedicated IRC channel, not PC's channel. That's what I did last get-together and it worked out very well. The instructions... are in the old probably pruned GT forum.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Nick and I will discuss all of the possible hosts, co-hosts, and new events suggested once he's online. During the time of the day, we'll have the first post updated with anything new that we add.

For events that may not have been added, but was earlier suggested might have been overlooked or didn't pass through. We'll discuss them again today and see if we have any changed opinions as well as the new ideas that have been suggested recently.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Guys, try to get some New Years events thrown in in your ideas as well! Remember, this is running from Christmas Eve until the day after New Years, since it's too late to start beforehand. We're going to need some fresh ideas for the days of New Years as well. What I was thinking was making the events split off into two sets. Christmas and New Years. When the Christmas part of the events are over, the New Years events go up! Thoughts?

Ideas?

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Obviously you forgot all about a costume contest. Dress up as some christmas figure (Santa, Reindeer, Sleigh with a big fat subwoofer etc.) and voters/judges vote for who they like the best.

Obvoiusly you didn't read the earlier posts, as Me and Curious already submited this idea:
    Well myself and Sammiskitty have come up with one.

Christmas Costume Competition. :>
    Or CCC for short.

Edit: Bascially entrants need to dress up in a christmas costume. Anything they like. Then they need to take a photo of themselves and send it in. I am not usre yet if we need judging or voting. Whicever is more appropraite and fair.

Aannd, I'm working on the post.. with sammyskitty. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years

Edit: Sammyskitty told him. :3 But great minds think alike Alternative. n.n

Hrmm, well If we need a New Years Event. I was thinking of hosting one. Yes that'd make it 3. >.<
    Here are some of my ideas:

New Years Chitter-Chatter: Obviously this oculd be merged with the Chrismtas Chat thread. Or just mentioned.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I can host the iSketch event again, if you don't mind :3

If not, though, I'll definitely be participating~

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I would gladly host the iSketch with zappyspiker, if it is okay? I participated last time after missing many other isketch competitions due to timezones. I am in Aus BTW.

Also I wouldnt mind Co-Hosting (although Tribal Ebony got here first, so maybe just judge it?) or judging the 12 Days of Xmas event. I came here to post that as an idea, but it was already suggested XD

boblarryphil

ultra amazing person
    Years
    I think we should all desighn an ice pokemon...since ice is kinda something that forms in the winter around christmas. AND the winner gets to make their pokemon a REAL POKEMON. YYYEEESSSS! that would be awesome! OOOOrrrrrr, you could desighn a move that has to do with christmas. Like, Holly attack or something (where the pokemon shoots out holly?) i dont know this stuff is coming off the top of my head. But anything that has to do with desighning a new pokemon or move is really what I'm trying to get at...although that was probably already clear in the begining!

Years
    Paint Me a Winter Wonderland (Hosts and Judges Needed)
    Drawing, digital art, if you're an artist and want to test out that new art kit you got this Christmas, come take part in the Christmas Art Contest. This event will be centered around the Christmas season and/or the New Years where those who enter must draw pieces that best fit the theme given.
    I could totally host this event, if you're still looking for hosts. =o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back