• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We still have some time before this starts, and I hate to be fickle with things like this, so I want to hear your opinions.

Christmas is a sensitive subject to some people. Some people don't celebrate it, and most people who don't don't like that it's more recognized than their specific religious holiday - since that is what it is. Answer the poll I've attached to the thread (if you don't see a poll yet, come back and it'll be there in a few minutes) with your opinion.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Putting it as a Winter Event, I know that majority of you are in Winter but some of us are experiencing Summer XD

Even though some don't celebrate Christmas if we change it don't we have to change some of the Events as well. Per say Christmas Caroling Showdown

Random thought came into my mind Final 2010 Countdown Event or something XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...although there is the poll, I'd like to add in that the Northern Hemisphere gets favouritism waaay too often on PC. Aka, DCC was originally called Autumn DCC, and well, there are other instances but I can't think of them right now

Changing to winter would just make the southern hemisphere feel more left out. :x If people don't celebrate Christmas, they don't, and, they don't have to participate. As long as we're not spreading the message of "Convert to Christianity because we said so!", then I don't see an issue.

Plus, changing to winter would mean the photography contest can't do christmas as a theme, which means, we can only do snow. And! Guess what? Australia, in most parts doesn't get snow, so Australians won't be able to participate in the photography contest. I just see changing it to Winter would be more of an issue. :x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Deck the Halls with Pics of Drawings

This is a drawing contest. It's winter/christmas themed, and has to have something to with pokemon. A pokemon or character from the anime, manga, or games could be in it. If enough entries, there will be more than one round. I did see the other drawing contest, but i want this one to be pokemon themed because this forum happens to be a pokemon forum. I hope this gets approved.

Years
  • Deck the Halls with Pics of Drawings

This is a drawing contest. It's winter/christmas themed, and has to have something to with pokemon. A pokemon or character from the anime, manga, or games could be in it. If enough entries, there will be more than one round. I did see the other drawing contest, but i want this one to be pokemon themed because this forum happens to be a pokemon forum. I hope this gets approved.

Paint Me a Winter Wonderland (Hosts and Judges Needed)
    Drawing, digital art, if you're an artist and want to test out that new art kit you got this Christmas, come take part in the Christmas Art Contest. This event will be centered around the Christmas season and/or the New Years where those who enter must draw pieces that best fit the theme given.

Well, I think that'd mean we have two drawing contests? I just kinda wanted to point out. =x However, I guess it's not really up to me. ^..^;​

Skip Class

Years
  • ...although there is the poll, I'd like to add in that the Northern Hemisphere gets favouritism waaay too often on PC. Aka, DCC was originally called Autumn DCC, and well, there are other instances but I can't think of them right now

Changing to winter would just make the southern hemisphere feel more left out. :x If people don't celebrate Christmas, they don't, and, they don't have to participate. As long as we're not spreading the message of "Convert to Christianity because we said so!", then I don't see an issue.

Plus, changing to winter would mean the photography contest can't do christmas as a theme, which means, we can only do snow. And! Guess what? Australia, in most parts doesn't get snow, so Australians won't be able to participate in the photography contest. I just see changing it to Winter would be more of an issue. :x

I second Forever! And wasn't it said the first part was celebrated Christmas and Second Part was New Years. People who don't celebrate Christmas can celebrate the New Years part of the Event. Let all the Events have two parts to it. iSketch you could do a Christmas isketch for the First part and plain Pokemon for The new Years Part. Singing first Part could be Christmas and Second Part could be something else.

Now that you mention it Forever it would be a problem if the Photography Contest had snow as a theme XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Putting it as a Winter Event, I know that majority of you are in Winter but some of us are experiencing Summer XD

Even though some don't celebrate Christmas if we change it don't we have to change some of the Events as well. Per say Christmas Caroling Showdown

Random thought came into my mind Final 2010 Countdown Event or something XD
    That's a good idea,I like the sound of End of the year Event :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, I think that'd mean we have two drawing contests? I just kinda wanted to point out. =x However, I guess it's not really up to me. ^..^;​

Oh Ana, I think Inkpuddle said she wanted to host the art contest.

I second Forever! And wasn't it said the first part was celebrated Christmas and Second Part was New Years. People who don't celebrate Christmas can celebrate the New Years part of the Event. Let all the Events have two parts to it. iSketch you could do a Christmas isketch for the First part and plain Pokemon for The new Years Part. Singing first Part could be Christmas and Second Part could be something else.

Now that you mention it Forever it would be a problem if the Photography Contest had snow as a theme XD

Well, I know we're doing that for Photography anyway (three rounds, aka new years/christmas/other) and for christmas in unova, there's one event which doesn't involve christmas. So yeah, everything could work with christmas/new years, just needs creative thinking!

@Team Fail: Hiroshi Sotomura usually does.

Years

• Oh Ana, I think Inkpuddle said she wanted to host the art contest.

Well, I know we're doing that for Photography anyway (three rounds, aka new years/christmas/other) and for christmas in unova, there's one event which doesn't involve christmas. So yeah, everything could work with christmas/new years, just needs creative thinking!

@Team Fail: Hiroshi Sotomura usually does.

Oh. I didn't see that. =x
    Well, if she becomes host, I'll be a judge. (Uhh, or I'll ask her if I can be a judge.)

I'll volunteer for host or judge, as long as I can take part of the art contest. =o​

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'd say Holiday / New Year's Event... Holiday isn't too specific... But that's up to the staff and such to decide what it should be called.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yes, I agree. It should be called "2010 End-Year Get-Together".

Oh, who's starting the New Year's thread for 2011? If no one has taken that responsibility, I'll do so.
    Only staff can create new threads in Community Announcements.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    How about a page or thread that people can put links in that actually show them caroling? While I would be the first to admit I could not carry a tune others will have better singing skills and we should be able to see the music as well.

Skip Class

Years
  • How about a page or thread that people can put links in that actually show them caroling? While I would be the first to admit I could not carry a tune others will have better singing skills and we should be able to see the music as well.

Christmas Caroling Showdown (Hosts and Judges Needed)
    "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells!" Lalala, do you think you have what it takes to sing some of your favorite Christmas carols? Join in on the fun. Good or bad, just have fun singing a favorite Christmas song of yours and see if you have what it takes to beat the rest of little carolers in town!
    ^ Technically the same thing isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023

I already pointed that out, but i want this to have a pokemon theme too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back