• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Merry Christmas Pikachu! Co Hosted by Mzmingle and ?
    This is where we write pokemon stories, but don't forget to make it something to do with snow/christmas or new year.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Merry Christmas Pikachu! Co Hosted by Mzmingle and ?
    This is where we write pokemon stories, but don't forget to make it something to do with snow/christmas or new year.
    That sounds sort of like the: Writing Christmas All Over Again event, don't you think? Oh and I thought of the event names/description, if my event is accepted:

Holiday Game Map-Off
    The New Year means a new place! With your creativity, map out a new city, route, or any other landscape that represents the New Year, i.e.; Winter Route, Holiday City, etc., that you think shows the start of a great year!

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Technically since the 12 days of Christmas are still going after Christmas (until the 6th January), I think we'll keep that event as it is for the time being. Tribal Ebony has expressed an interest in co-hosting the event but I haven't had a PM response yet.

I also had another event idea which is more in tune with the New Year thing:

The Great Egg Swap

Celebrate the New Year with a new Pokémon! What will you get? Anything from Mew to Magikarp! (Well OK, maybe not Mew :P ) Breed any Pokémon, get an egg. Then trade that egg with someone else to get another egg, but don't tell them what's inside! Swap eggs with as many people as you can for points - the more swaps you do, the more points you get! And get a brand new Pokémon to celebrate a brand new year!

Since the thread will effectively run itself I'm OK to run this one as well. It would be nice if we could use the Spin Trade system but apparently you can't do it over Wi-Fi which is a shame, so we'll have to stick to regular trades. I think we should also limit it to Gen IV games only (no Gen V yet) because then we'll get as many people as possible.

What do you think? ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    We still have some time before this starts, and I hate to be fickle with things like this, so I want to hear your opinions.

Christmas is a sensitive subject to some people. Some people don't celebrate it, and most people who don't don't like that it's more recognized than their specific religious holiday - since that is what it is. Answer the poll I've attached to the thread (if you don't see a poll yet, come back and it'll be there in a few minutes) with your opinion.

As a strict follower of a non-Gregorian calendar system, I find the idea of a Gregorian/Julian New Years event grossly offensive.
    PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    K, glad this hasn't closed yet. I'm deeply sorry but I'm gonna have to call it quits on my hosting position. Besides the trip there is also another personal/family reason I do not wish to explain that just raised up. I will sort this with Jorah, but it's unlikely she'll take it on by herself.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    THE NEW YEARS IVY LEAGUE
    see if u can beat it. works like teh elite four. after several questions, the trainer with the most correct answers challenges it. one catch. its only two champions. me and my bro

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    K, glad this hasn't closed yet. I'm deeply sorry but I'm gonna have to call it quits on my hosting position. Besides the trip there is also another personal/family reason I do not wish to explain that just raised up. I will sort this with Jorah, but it's unlikely she'll take it on by herself.
    I can take your place if that's alright with Jorah so that she doesn't have to host it all by herself.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Thanks for the replies all. This thread has run it's purpose, so it's closing. Event list is being updated. Check back soon!

Co-hosts are all chosen, events are now planned, and we're giving the list of co-hosts to an admin to mark the appropriate members as event organizers where they'll gain access to the planning forum and can discuss these events further and plan it the best they can!

Thanks to everyone who showed their interest and we hope to expect you all during the events!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back