• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokédex Completion

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I got really quite close back in HeartGold after spending over 200 hours just on attempting to complete the dex. I don't remember how close I got but thanks to the magic of poketransfer and pokebank it saved me a lot of time in Pokemon X which I now have technically "completed" the dex (enough to get the Shiny Charm) but still have 1 more pokemon left (Genesect) before I actually have all 718. :P

And again, thanks to the Pokebank, I will now feel compelled to complete the dex for all future games. Thankfully, I have most of the actual pokemon which means only a few breedings here and there to get some of the pre-evolutions (i.e. Squirtle & Wartortle - I have Blastoise but only Squirtle and Wartortle's entries as I had to evolve him/her).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I was never really super dedicated to finishing the Pokedex - I always caught Pokemon I didn't have but never combed through routes just to find a certain Pokemon for the Pokedex (unless I also really wanted it on my team). SoulSilver was an exception though.

I've been really good about it in Pokemon X though, I always catch every Pokemon on the route/area before moving on. It started to become a chore near the end though, since I kinda just wanted to play the game normally, but I really wanted the Shiny Charm.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have only completed the pokemon dex once in pokemon Sapphire.
    Usually I don't complete it as there was no point that I could see.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    There's no point for me to finish the pokedex as I don't care much, but I do care a little in BW/BW2 as you get little bonus for every completion

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm trying to do it in Black 2. So far I got the Nature Preserve Permit (see every Pokemon in the Unova Dex) and I have about one hundred Pokemon left to see in the National Dex. I just want that Shiny Charm to breed lots of shiny baby Pokemon, and get shiny Virizion and shiny Black Kyurem ;u;

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I finally finished the dex in X about a week ago (all 718). Damn it felt good! ^^

Took quite a long time though and would have taken much longer if I hadn't already spent a lot of time in HeartGold getting a lot of obscure/rare pokemon.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • I've never tried to fill out the entire Pokedex before because I never saw it as a realistic goal. Even now, I think about the shiny charm and I still am turned off by the idea of having to collect 718 Pokemon... I know events don't count but still.. 718...

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I've only done it in Blue and Diamond. I got to 221 in Silver, 500+ in Black, and 300+ in X.
    I wanted to do it for X, but idk if I have the motivation anymore.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    I did in my Black 2 last year. Took ages but it's a great feeling. Sadly, most of the time I can't be bothered doing it xD.
    ~MistressofMightyena~

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • At first, I thought getting the Dex in all 3rd/4th/5th gen titles would be pretty simple if I owned all the main series games and the other installments which give you special Pokes (Colosseum/XD/Ranger for the Manaphy) and using the extra Legendaries to trade in 4th and 5th gen for the event ones.
    But 3rd gen also has two Pokemon I can no longer get (I don't use any kind of non-legit method): Mew and Deoxys
    I got the Colosseum Bonus Disc for Jirachi, and believe the JP bonus disc can get me Celebi.
    So I desided on my "main" game of each series I'd complete the local region's dex, or national as much as I could, but hoping my Black and X both will be complete as I work on my main over all goal of getting my Pokemon over to 6th Gen :P
    Not impossible to complete every Dex on every game, but quite the task. If anyone has done this with only legit methods, that would be the impressive achievement of the year :P

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • First time I completed Pokedex In fire red using Lots of cheats, But now i complete it without cheats, Its easy now.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • For the most part, I never really worried about completing the pokedex during my playthroughs. I tried to catch as many as I could, because I liked having lots to choose from, but completing the dex was never really on my mind.

The only times I've caught 'em all were in my original Red version (I still remember the absolute last pokemon I needed, Hypno) and in my new X version.
    All the others in between I never bothered.

Years
  • I have yet to even attempt completing the Pokedex in any game. I just don't see the fun in it, and don't want to waste my time hunting for species of Pokemon that I don't even like. I'm content with compiling a collection of my favorites and using them to defeat the Gym Leaders and eventually the Champion. d:

Years
  • The only times I made attempts to finish Pokedexes were in Gold (getting 250 Pokemon; the battery died before I accomplished this, though :<) and Ruby (managed to get all the Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex + Jirachi and Deoxys). Otherwise I don't really care about completing the Pokedex; it's way too much work for me XD

Years
  • I've never actively tried to complete it - I remember in Diamond being thrilled that I'd seen every Pokémon (just not caught them all) but I think the game was probably just designed that way lol :) In X I actually made a conscious effort to catch a lot of the new Pokémon, mainly to read the new entries but I never intended on getting all of them lol :)

Back