• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 26, 2017
I personally wouldn't. If there's no gain from those achievements, they're useless, there's no point.

There's a lot of fun to be had from obtaining achievements, I wouldn't say there's nothing to be gained just because there isn't a reward in-game. There is a reward, a sense of achieving; it feels good.

Further, it adds to a sense of completion. There are a few side quests that can be easily missed, one could easily see if they've missed any out, as long as an achievement has been created.

I personally adore this game to bits, and I'd love to be able to verify that I've done everything the game has to offer.

Also, in addition, why would there be an entire database of achievements for retro games, including rom hacks, if there was "no point"?

I understand that you don't particularly care about achievements but I'm trying to show that there are some people that do = )

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 25, 2018
Qhd9V3l.png
8MHUsEn.png
PBY3rEa.png
QDEU3OA.png
weOsDSM.png
B47pgyd.png

NqqSyek.png
mRWybEd.png
XWnKRSv.png

RgrFP8W.png
dUk9YOj.png
msvkTuU.png
blob:http://imgur.com/ca30863c-e732-427a-b1ce-4b2289ced09d

BRSUfeE.png
blob:http://imgur.com/61f4fbc9-dc35-47d2-8eef-dd8065423d11

i haven't been in touch with this thread as i thought the project was cancelled. i'm actually surprised and thrilled that you chose to continue. i just have a few questions since i'm curious

1. the character portraits with the reactions that appear during conversations... is that active as of beta 11E from the very beginning of the game? thats the most surprising change i saw so far.
2. so i know that there are dozens more regions after the actual storyline possibly allowing you to collect all pokemon, yet the sprite and clothing for red remains the same, right? no actual growth or change of clothes? XD. or the game allows a few clothing changes?
3. I have an idea about the sacrifice green bit but whats the pic about red and misty on the pond with a giant heart?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
i haven't been in touch with this thread as i thought the project was cancelled. i'm actually surprised and thrilled that you chose to continue. i just have a few questions since i'm curious

1. the character portraits with the reactions that appear during conversations... is that active as of beta 11E from the very beginning of the game? thats the most surprising change i saw so far.
2. so i know that there are dozens more regions after the actual storyline possibly allowing you to collect all pokemon, yet the sprite and clothing for red remains the same, right? no actual growth or change of clothes? XD. or the game allows a few clothing changes?
3. I have an idea about the sacrifice green bit but whats the pic about red and misty on the pond with a giant heart?
1) No. That feature will be implemented for Beta 12.
2) Yes, as you can see right here, the playable characters have different clothes to use.
3) That's not Misty.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 25, 2018
1) No. That feature will be implemented for Beta 12.
2) Yes, as you can see right here, the playable characters have different clothes to use.
3) That's not Misty.

1. ah i see.
2. so they are like alternative costumes that you can switch at any point of the game or are they only during scripted events? i mean like example, appearing only as a team rocket agent on the scene where red put it up as a disguise?
3. oh really? what is the event about still?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
1. ah i see.
2. so they are like alternative costumes that you can switch at any point of the game or are they only during scripted events? i mean like example, appearing only as a team rocket agent on the scene where red put it up as a disguise?
3. oh really? what is the event about still?
2) If I recall correctly, Aethestode uploaded a video at some point, I just looked on his Youtube Channel but it's not there anymore. It's basically an item that opens a multichoicebox in which you pick the costume you wanna use.
3) The pic's about a date that can happen in front of that pond. The person Red will be with, prolly depends on your decisions as Aethestode shown various outcomes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
If I play through the entirety of Beta 11E can I play Beta 12 with the same save file or do I have to start from the beginning again? Asking to know if I'm safe to play the game now and continue it later when Beta 12 comes out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
If I play through the entirety of Beta 11E can I play Beta 12 with the same save file or do I have to start from the beginning again? Asking to know if I'm safe to play the game now and continue it later when Beta 12 comes out.
You'll have to start as it's being completely remade. Anyway, I doubt 12 will be as long as 11E.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 25, 2018
2) If I recall correctly, Aethestode uploaded a video at some point, I just looked on his Youtube Channel but it's not there anymore. It's basically an item that opens a multichoicebox in which you pick the costume you wanna use.
3) The pic's about a date that can happen in front of that pond. The person Red will be with, prolly depends on your decisions as Aethestode shown various outcomes.

2.) I see. I just saw the features on the first page again. That's one reason to anticipate beta 12:) Almost all the costumes are nice... a little surprised about the 'stripper' ones though especially with the collars. If it were me, I suggest a simple swimsuit thing (with the signature cap for red) or a shirtless pants version like what red did in the manga. Oh what about the other sprites... the other dex holders outside the Kanto four I mean? How will that be incorporated?
3. Someone as dense as red gets a date. Curioser and Curioser.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
2.) I see. I just saw the features on the first page again. That's one reason to anticipate beta 12:) Almost all the costumes are nice... a little surprised about the 'stripper' ones though especially with the collars. If it were me, I suggest a simple swimsuit thing (with the signature cap for red) or a shirtless pants version like what red did in the manga. Oh what about the other sprites... the other dex holders outside the Kanto four I mean? How will that be incorporated?
3. Someone as dense as red gets a date. Curioser and Curioser.
2) Everyone except for Sun and Moon is getting at least one extra costume.
The way it'll work for non-playable characters wasn't revealed yet, we might have to find it out by playing the Beta 12 by ourselves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 25, 2018
2) Everyone except for Sun and Moon is getting at least one extra costume.
The way it'll work for non-playable characters wasn't revealed yet, we might have to find it out by playing the Beta 12 by ourselves.

The very fact that the other dex holders are actually appearing surprise me already. But I worry about how overly detailed this would become. Did Aethestode or anyone else make up a detailed guide?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 11, 2017
I think it wasn't obtainable in 11E. It's useless so it doesn't really matter though.

I find it useful tbh :p
OT:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 11, 2017
Welp, here's the town map, literally the same one as Vanilla FireRed.
Also, yes, it's me.
Thanks but is useful for the ruotes, i don't know why sometimes i can't find them. Well, i'll sneak into somebody house to take a look ahah

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 30, 2020
I enjoy playing this rom hack, a thing i noticed is that when you get the pikachu in Pewter City it isn't registred to the pokedex and Igglybuff and Cleffa are added as if you have caught them, though no dex entry is available.

Assuming you want to follow the manga as closely as possible i would like to see more diversity in the pokemon used by Team Rocket. Now they mostly use poison type pokemon, so it is easy to counter them with a immunity snorlax or a ghost or psychic type pokemon.

Perhaps a new reward system could make the game more interesting, like a max reward of 10 poke-cash per pokemon the trainer you battle has so a max of 60 pokecash when battling a 6-pokemon trainer. Exceptions are gym-leaders to a max of 250~300 for a 6-pokemon gym-battle. The reason behind this is that when you face Brock in Pewter you are able to purchase 15 revives and 15 potions and then some antidotes and paralyse heals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 12, 2017
I've been lurking this hack for years and last I thought it was cancelled...
Holy man I'm so grateful to Aethestode for continuing!

Back