• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Hi! I'm kinda new to this. I really like the manga and i would like to try and play this but i don't know which specific emulator and rom hack (hope i typed out those things correctly) to use. Does anyone have any recommendation? Or any specific ones?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi! I'm kinda new to this. I really like the manga and i would like to try and play this but i don't know which specific emulator and rom hack (hope i typed out those things correctly) to use. Does anyone have any recommendation? Or any specific ones?
    Red Chapter is the ROM Hack. What you apply its patch to, is a ROM. More specifically, a ROM of Pokémon Fire Red USA v1.0, which you can easily find on Google. Hint: Squirrels.

As for the emulator, VBA or VBAM. I wouldn't recommend any other to play Pokémon ROM Hacks.
    Most of the ROM Hacks out there use ASM Routines and have changes that are not exactly hardware friendly, so the hardware accurate mGBA is not a good choice to play them.
    Then, there's NO$GBA which has missing visual effects, an issue that has been present for more than 10 years now.

If you need to learn how to apply .ups patches, you can check this guide.
    If you want a web-based and very straightforward patcher, I suggest you to use ROM Patcher JS.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I want the full version! I want the full patch in few days!
    Yeeeah, well, that's not how this works at all. Sorry.
    The next release might happen in November, and no, it won't be a full version with all the regions and stuff included, because they simply don't exist at this point in time.

ON: A few things to mention before proceeding to the batch of screenshots for today:
    -Pika got nerfed.
    -Arceus got buffed.
    -Poliwrath's learnset was revamped with more physical moves.
    -Turns out that Porygon2 not being able to evolve was a glitch. That's fixed too.
    -In the dungeon where you can fight Alolan Red, now you'll be able to fight Alolan Blue and Green too. Defeating them all grants you the Shiny Charm.
    -Aethestode talked about the 2nd ROM and savefiles on the Discord server. No decision has been made yet, so for now, that's all I'll say.

With that being said, enjoy:
    BETA_14_47.png
    BETA_14_58.png

BETA_14_65.png
    BETA_14_68.png
    BETA_14_80.png

BETA_14_90.png
    BETA_14_101.png
    BETA_14_120.png

BETA_14_238.png
    BETA_14_258.png
    BETA_14_282.png

BETA_14_297.png
    BETA_14_311.png
    BETA_14_325.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 61
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Lunos your discord link is an expired link can you please inv me to the discord

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Nov 25, 2019
    Sorry for the question, do you recommend that I play the hackroom now or wait for the beta 15?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Sorry for the question, do you recommend that I play the hackroom now or wait for the beta 15?

There's still around 4 months left for the possible release of the Beta 15. Even then, that is an estimation, meaning that it might not actually come out in November if anything went wrong for X or Y reason. If you can wait, good. If you can't, you might as well get a taste of the hack. It has a good amount of content to keep you entertained for a while, assuming you will actually read the dialogues and not rush it.

Last edited:
    Back