• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    Um I missed many of the bonus chapters in the game since I wasn't familiar with the Orange Archipelago town names and islands and completed the Orange cup without knowing much of these bonus chapters(I even faced a bug which I skipped the buhi chapter and tho mom was RIP still she reappeared when I went to finish the mansion). Is there any page for the bonus chapters? (Anyone can answer)sorry for asking if it bothers you.

Does the 15.4 beta version have anything added more in the 14beta version or is it just containing bug fixes and stuff?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Is there any page for the bonus chapters?
    There's a Youtube playlist linked in the Side Chapter Starting Point Guide linked at the main post that contains the huge majority of them.
    Does the 15.4 beta version have anything added more in the 14beta version or is it just containing bug fixes and stuff?
    Beta 14 ends at Kinnow Island in the Orange Archipelago,
    Beta 15.4 goes beyond. More specifically, it contains the entire Orange Archipelago.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2020
    Hy guyz! I have a problem with the "new" beta (15.4). It doen't work with my VBA-M 2.1.0.
    I don't know why, since I had beta 14 and it worked perfectly.
    With the 15.4, when I launch the rom the screen goes white and nothing else happens. No malfunction, apparently the VBA works...just...all white and no sounds...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Hy guyz! I have a problem with the "new" beta (15.4). It doen't work with my VBA-M 2.1.0.
    I don't know why, since I had beta 14 and it worked perfectly.
    With the 15.4, when I launch the rom the screen goes white and nothing else happens. No malfunction, apparently the VBA works...just...all white and no sounds...
    Please read the FAQ, it lists the recommended emulators you should be using. Modern VBA-M isn't one of them,

ON:
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Sorry, but can I ask if you can patch the new UPS on a patched ROM?That will reduce the amount of translation in the next version.Or is there's another way to reduce the translation.That's very nice of you could answer the question

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Sorry, but can I ask if you can patch the new UPS on a patched ROM?That will reduce the amount of translation in the next version.Or is there's another way to reduce the translation.That's very nice of you could answer the question
    Can you apply a .ups patch on an already patched ROM? Yes.
    Should you? No.
    In this case, the Beta 15.4 patch can be applied over a Beta 15.3 ROM, but it's always better to just apply a patch over a clean copy of the base game.

I didn't understand the bit about a translation though, so I'd appreciate if you could rephrase that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Auz
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    I have this bug/glitch where when i went out of the pokemon center on cinnabar island, the teleporter dude is gone? he was there before i went in,, is there a way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2020
    Sorry to ask if it's dumb.

Am I right that beta 15 has less content than beta 11?
    Like it's said that in beta 11 you can access Kanto, Orange islands, Sevii islands and bit of Hoenn. And in beta 15 only Kanto and Orange island.
    I don't get it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I have this bug/glitch where when i went out of the pokemon center on cinnabar island, the teleporter dude is gone? he was there before i went in,, is there a way to fix this?
    Ramuh goes away after you finish the events in Cinnabar Island, in other words, after seeing the cutscene involving Team Rocket.
    He'll come back after you complete the events at Saffron City.
    Am I right that beta 15 has less content than beta 11?
    Like it's said that in beta 11 you can access Kanto, Orange islands, Sevii islands and bit of Hoenn. And in beta 15 only Kanto and Orange island.
    I don't get it.
    Yes, that is correct. The latest release does have less content than the Beta 11, though by now the difference is not that big.

The hack was restarted in its Beta 12. The scripts were written anew, the tiles were changed and so on. That's the reason why it has less content.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    Can you apply a .ups patch on an already patched ROM? Yes.
    Should you? No.
    In this case, the Beta 15.4 patch can be applied over a Beta 15.3 ROM, but it's always better to just apply a patch over a clean copy of the base game.

I didn't understand the bit about a translation though, so I'd appreciate if you could rephrase that.

In China, there are a lot of fans of this great hack.So we would translate it from English into Chinese so that more people can understand it.But it is a lot of work to translate every version.If we can update the new patch on the patched ROM, it will reduce the amount of translation.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    In China, there are a lot of fans of this great hack.So we would translate it from English into Chinese so that more people can understand it.But it is a lot of work to translate every version.If we can update the new patch on the patched ROM, it will reduce the amount of translation.
    I didn't understand what exactly were you asking for, so I passed the messsage to Aethestode.
    He replied: "Yeah, just tell them to go ahead with it. I honestly don't mind."

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2020
    Lunos thanks, now I unterstand better.

So which version do you recommend?
    What is the advantage from beta 15 over 11 despite updated graphics?
    Can you mega evolve?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2022
    I didn't understand what exactly were you asking for, so I passed the messsage to Aethestode.
    He replied: "Yeah, just tell them to go ahead with it. I honestly don't mind."

Take an example, we used the a .ups patch to apply the ROM, and this version is beta15.4. Then we translate it into Chinese. Then you update it next time we will apply the new one patch to the ROM, and we have to translate it again. So if the new one patch could apply on the beta 15.4 ROM which is already translated. Then we don't have to translate what's already been translated. Is there any way to solve this problem? It sounds like a mouthful, and forgive my poor English. That's appreciated you could answer the question

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Lunos thanks, now I unterstand better.

So which version do you recommend?
    What is the advantage from beta 15 over 11 despite updated graphics?
    Can you mega evolve?
    Beta 15 has different content than the Beta 11, as the storyline of the Orange Archipelago has been changed a little bit, involving new characters that weren't present before.
    Mega Evolutions are implemented in terms of code, but they're currently not obtainable. They'll be made available in an upcoming expansion.
    Beta 15 also includes a huge amount of new Pokémon that were not present in the Beta 11, including Orangean Forms and other variations.
    Take an example, we used the a .ups patch to apply the ROM, and this version is beta15.4. Then we translate it into Chinese. Then you update it next time we will apply the new one patch to the ROM, and we have to translate it again. So if the new one patch could apply on the beta 15.4 ROM which is already translated. Then we don't have to translate what's already been translated. Is there any way to solve this problem? It sounds like a mouthful, and forgive my poor English. That's appreciated you could answer the question
    I passed your message to Aethestode. I'll get back to you when/if he replies.

ON:

Last edited:
    Back