• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

SmellyOpossum

opossum
Years
  • hm, the guide says a ghost pikachu will take care of the large tombstone in the ghost tower, but interacting with them just gets me the "it's just an ordinary tombstone." message. anything I've missed? I've already beaten green in the tower and captured the lvl 30 gastly

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2020
    I got this problem lmao soo i was doing the bonus chapter where i decide that should i intervene or not and i picked not to but when i checked pallet town and was about to talk to Green both of them gone and i can only see pink is this a glitch or bug because i need to do the expansion pass

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2020
    Hey thread my names Counted i have been playing this pokemon rom hack for a lot of months now i have been enjoying this a lot but i have this only problem after i got the expansion pass i didn't done the expansion pass yet i did the uhh bonus quest where you intervene to Pink getting burned in the face i decided not to do it but when i checked pallet town Green and Blue was gone i didn't know what do

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I got this problem lmao soo i was doing the bonus chapter where i decide that should i intervene or not and i picked not to but when i checked pallet town and was about to talk to Green both of them gone and i can only see pink is this a glitch or bug because i need to do the expansion pass

I think people have reported this being a glitch. I don't know if there's a workaround or what but others have experienced the same thing. Maybe message some of the people who commented on this thread that had your issue?

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Hi everyone, one more update to the walkthrough: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qk7YU5t_-ITSYF8S-Q4m4C3bp2rqIEa6/

Includes the following:

Orange Archipelago Route 14

It wasn't noted in the previous Beta 15 walkthrough and Lunos' guide doesn't cover it, so while I was travelling through the Orange Islands again I made sure to include it. Any Pokemon that I've left out, let me know. You'll find this route between Rind Island and Pumello Island.

Updated Pokemon Found lists

Mainly for the Orange Islands, the lists show which Pokemon are in the area as well as their types. Same style as the Pokemon Found lists I did for the Pokemon Clover walkthrough.

Updated Pokemon Notes

This is section [038] in the walkthrough. Mainly Pokemon evolution methods and the types for the Orange Islands variants and new Pokemon that are Orange Islands exclusive. The only Pokemon that I couldn't account for are these ones:

- Omnion {???/GLT-type} maybe?
    - Porygon3 & Porygon-Z (not sure about evolution & Porygon3 type)
    - Arbok 4, 5 & 7 (not sure about their types)
    - Feebas -> Milotic (not sure about evolution)
    - Lurantis (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Oranguru (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Gorochu (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stantga (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stantfur (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stanthorn (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Hercules (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Turban Water/Ice like Gastroper?, not sure about evolution

If anyone can help with information about those, please do.

Master Trainers

Section [040k] in the walkthrough. Covers the battles against the 22 Master Trainers found in the Expansion Pass update. I don't know if the final Volume 1 update that Aethestode was working on would've added more Master Trainers and the Mt. Moon event which follows after all the Master Trainers are defeated (an NPC mentions this) because I didn't find any others. Also, at the summit of Mt. Moon you only find Bruno for the final battle. If anyone has found other Master Trainers and witnessed the Mt. Moon event, let me know. Take care!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    Just barely found out about this hack and so far it's by far the best hack I've ever played. I am having wayyyy too much fun! Seriously, great work guys. The story is freaking awesome and I love it that I have a seriously boss-ass pikachu super early on. I do have a question, though. It seems to me like the game is stuck in night mode. The clock is always at 00:00:00, too. I saw that there are some patches to make the clock work, but it didn't work for me. Im playing on openEmu on Mac. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    I can't get this game to run on most modern versions of VBA and the older versions won't save the game once I shut the emulator down. I've tried 6 different versions of VBA, including the recommended ones and the game still either won't work or won't save.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    - Omnion {???/GLT-type} maybe?
    - Porygon3 & Porygon-Z (not sure about evolution & Porygon3 type)
    - Arbok 4, 5 & 7 (not sure about their types)
    - Feebas -> Milotic (not sure about evolution)
    - Lurantis (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Oranguru (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Gorochu (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stantga (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stantfur (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Stanthorn (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Hercules (not sure about type and/or evolution)
    - Turban Water/Ice like Gastroper?, not sure about evolution

If anyone can help with information about those, please do.

Thank you so much for the walkthrough, Allen!

For the ones I know:

Turban - Water/Psychic (Level up Shellder while holding a skull)
    Gorochu - Electric (Level up Raichu while holding dream orb)

Also, I downloaded the new patch (15.4 C) from the main post and put it in a clean 1.0 rom, however I continued with my previous save game. At first all was ok but then during the chapter of Cissy's trial Officer Jenny didn't let me go through the door, she kept saying that I come back later. So I used a walk through walls cheat and enter the room instead, where the trial's secuence started. However, in the guide says that they would ask Red what does he think about Cissy and he'll respond she isn't a bad person, but I got another thing: Red said she was a villain and a message appeared telling she was sentenced to a life in prison. End of the chapter :/ perhaps some kind of anti cheat feature? The "good" ending is triggered when Officer Jenny may us enter the room? Nevermind, now I've started a new game... btw I caught Rayquaza with the master ball given by Steve, being the rest of my team level 30-35 he is freaking OP! But it comes in handly for new runs though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    hm, the guide says a ghost pikachu will take care of the large tombstone in the ghost tower, but interacting with them just gets me the "it's just an ordinary tombstone." message. anything I've missed? I've already beaten green in the tower and captured the lvl 30 gastly

Have you started the Abandon gym bonus chapter? You need to go to Vermillion city's gym first and pick up the urn with Pikachu's ashes, then you can proceed with the tombstone.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Thank you so much for the walkthrough, Allen!

For the ones I know:

Turban - Water/Psychic (Level up Shellder while holding a skull)
    Gorochu - Electric (Level up Raichu while holding dream orb)

Also, I downloaded the new patch (15.4 C) from the main post and put it in a clean 1.0 rom, however I continued with my previous save game. At first all was ok but then during the chapter of Cissy's trial Officer Jenny didn't let me go through the door, she kept saying that I come back later. So I used a walk through walls cheat and enter the room instead, where the trial's secuence started. However, in the guide says that they would ask Red what does he think about Cissy and he'll respond she isn't a bad person, but I got another thing: Red said she was a villain and a message appeared telling she was sentenced to a life in prison. End of the chapter :/ perhaps some kind of anti cheat feature? The "good" ending is triggered when Officer Jenny may us enter the room? Nevermind, now I've started a new game... btw I caught Rayquaza with the master ball given by Steve, being the rest of my team level 30-35 he is freaking OP! But it comes in handly for new runs though.

Hi there Derwerwolf, you're welcome and thank you for the information about Turban and Gorochu!

That "bad" ending I didn't even know about until now, because Officer Jenny tells us that the trial hasn't started yet and we're supposed to go down to the cells and speak to Cissy there. Once you come back up it should be time for the trial and you can enter the room to witness it. For the Expansion Pass update it's recommended you start on a new game (but you can at least skip the Kanto and Orange Islands sagas if you don't want to play through them all over again). That's what I ended up doing because when I continued from my previous save file the items in my Bag were jumbled up and I couldn't travel to the new areas introduced in the update. I hope your new game run will go more smoothly :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    can anyone help me. im stuck on the zapmolcuno fight because zapdos is somehow able to spam detect and stall me out forever and in like 5 turns the game just freezes and crashes. is there something else im supposed to be doing

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Dont know whether this is an issue with my game or an actual bug but secondary effects of move always occur, pokemon never miss and move and detect and protect can be infinitely spammed. currently stuck at the silph co zapdos fight because it just spams detect and after 5 turns of the battle the game freezes.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • hm, anyone have an idea where i can find the wireframe item? As nice as Porygon2 is, I really want a Porygon-Z.

e: my god, please don't give death threats over pokemon. pokemon is undeniably fun but it's not worth wishing death on someone over.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Dont know whether this is an issue with my game or an actual bug but secondary effects of move always occur, pokemon never miss and move and detect and protect can be infinitely spammed. currently stuck at the silph co zapdos fight because it just spams detect and after 5 turns of the battle the game freezes.

That sounds strange. Is it just for that specific battle? What emulator are you using? I've missed plenty of times, Detect/Protect has failed for me and it's still rare if secondary effects of moves occur. Did you patch the rom yourself or download it pre-patched?

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    i wasnt able to find a rom that i could patch myself so i downloaded a pre-patched rom. And its been going on throughout the entire game, moves never missing, thunderbolt and other moves with secondary effects always activating and detect and protect never failing

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    alright i found one where i could patch it myself, patched it and played through it but the same issue happened again. Protect and detect can be infinitely spammed without failing, secondary effects always occur, paralysis always paralyses, mons only sleep for 1 turn then immediately wake up the next, confusion only lasts one turn and the pokemon breaks out the next, moves never miss, zapdos battle is still broken. used the latest beta patch and patched it with firered 1.0 myself

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    alright i found one where i could patch it myself, patched it and played through it but the same issue happened again. Protect and detect can be infinitely spammed without failing, secondary effects always occur, paralysis always paralyses, mons only sleep for 1 turn then immediately wake up the next, confusion only lasts one turn and the pokemon breaks out the next, moves never miss, zapdos battle is still broken. used the latest beta patch and patched it with firered 1.0 myself

What emulator are you playing on?

Back