• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Shado19

Shado
Years
  • I've defeated cipher and talked to the cloaked person on Valencia Island and after a small conversation, they say to meet them at the abandoned house on sunburst island, but there is no house on sunburst island, only the cave.

So where do I go

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • talked to the cloaked person on Valencia Island and after a small conversation, they say to meet them at the abandoned house on sunburst island, but there is no house on sunburst island, only the cave.

So where do I go
    That side chapter is not playable. It will be properly implemented in the upcoming expansion as it was already said a few pages ago.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2020
    The patch in the main post doesn't replace the content of the hack, it only changes a few bytes of the RTC Implementation, so it works in the later versions as well.
    If you take a look at the main post, you'll see that nowhere is it mentioned there that the patch explicitly and only works with the Beta 13.
    Ok, sorry. I tried the RTC UPS patch on the already patched version but I couldn't get the second patch to work. I'll try again.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Ok, sorry. I tried the RTC UPS patch on the already patched version but I couldn't get the second patch to work. I'll try again.
    What second patch? You only need to apply one of the 2 patches that come with the RTC Fix.
    They're in 2 different formats, so you can choose whichever you want, IPS or UPS. Both make the exact same changes, so you don't need to use both of them.
    All you have to do is apply Red Chapter's patch, and then one of the 2 patch files that the RTC Fix is distributed as, IPS or UPS over the patched ROM.

ON: I'll take the chance to mention that the latest stable release of mGBA seems to run the ROM of the Beta 15 of Red Chapter, even though it's bigger than a regular 32 MB GBA ROM.
    Do keep in mind though, that you may still experience crashes, specially when swapping costumes, so when you reach Celadon City things might get messy as you're forced to swap out costumes there for a few story events.​

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2020
    Is the problem of events retrigging in beta 15.4 solved? I've just finished the Killer Hotel event in Kumquat Island and the event just keeps retrigging, together with the one of the supply for the pokemon center in one of the previous island. I tried to reach Rudy in Trovita with the walk through wall cheat but every time I go to a poke center there to heal, Rudy just disappears. (I tried to do this a couple of times, sometimes the Rampage event isn't even triggered when I reach Trovita)

Ttar0914

Years
  • Is the problem of events retrigging in beta 15.4 solved? I've just finished the Killer Hotel event in Kumquat Island and the event just keeps retrigging, together with the one of the supply for the pokemon center in one of the previous island. I tried to reach Rudy in Trovita with the walk through wall cheat but every time I go to a poke center there to heal, Rudy just disappears. (I tried to do this a couple of times, sometimes the Rampage event isn't even triggered when I reach Trovita)

That issue has been fixed by Aethestode when updating from Beta 15 to 15.2/15.3.
    The attached screenshots explain why certain events kept being repeated, and a small information about Beta 15.4.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2020
    What second patch? You only need to apply one of the 2 patches that come with the RTC Fix.
    They're in 2 different formats, so you can choose whichever you want, IPS or UPS. Both make the exact same changes, so you don't need to use both of them.
    All you have to do is apply Red Chapter's patch, and then one of the 2 patch files that the RTC Fix is distributed as, IPS or UPS over the patched ROM

ON: I'll take the chance to mention that the latest stable release of mGBA seems to run the ROM of the Beta 15 of Red Chapter, even though it's bigger than a regular 32 MB GBA ROM.
    Do keep in mind though, that you may still experience crashes, specially when swapping costumes, so when you reach Celadon City things might get messy as you're forced to swap out costumes there for a few story events.​

Thank you. I followed your video and it worked for me. Sorry to bother you, Im somewhat new at this.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    Hello, i just wanted to comment that Black sludge, LifeOrb and the ability SheerForze doesnt work at all.

Thank you for posting this hack and giving so useful information. Some of those guides are priceless!

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Joy bonus chapter on Butwal Island does not work properly:
    After entering the secret lab in the mountain, there is a minor path where you can see another RED, Talking to him will freeze the game
    Encountering the nurse joy in the path will also cause the game to freeze.
    Is there intended to be more story?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The Joy bonus chapter on Butwal Island does not work properly:
    After entering the secret lab in the mountain, there is a minor path where you can see another RED, Talking to him will freeze the game
    Encountering the nurse joy in the path will also cause the game to freeze.
    Is there intended to be more story?
    Are you using the latest version available, in other words the Beta 15.4?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    Hello everyone, I'm new here even though I was scrolling the topic for a long time.

I'm having a situation after defeating missingno in the soul data network, every goes perfectly, but after talking to ash's mom and entering the lab, the professor don't come to me like supposed. Also, going forward on route 1,an animation saying professor ivy needs me at the lab, and when I go, she just saying the usual sentence about our trip on Orange Islands.

Does anyone has any suggestions ?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm new here even though I was scrolling the topic for a long time.

I'm having a situation after defeating missingno in the soul data network, every goes perfectly, but after talking to ash's mom and entering the lab, the professor don't come to me like supposed. Also, going forward on route 1,an animation saying professor ivy needs me at the lab, and when I go, she just saying the usual sentence about our trip on Orange Islands.

Does anyone has any suggestions ?
    Are you using the latest version available, in other words the Beta 15.4?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    Hi Lunos, I'm using the beta 15, but I've red every changelog of the udaptes and no sign about my error, I've played twice for ensuring there were no issue with my progression but it didn't change anything, so there I am!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi Lunos, I'm using the beta 15, but I've red every changelog of the udaptes and no sign about my error, I've played twice for ensuring there were no issue with my progression but it didn't change anything, so there I am!
    It's important to know if you're playing the latest version of the hack or not. Saying that you're playing the Beta 15 is not really useful.
    I'll ask you again; are you playing the latest version of the hack (Beta 15.4), yes or not?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    Well, I didn't apply any patch after releasing the beta 15, so I'm not playing the beta 15.4 nor 15.1 or 15.2, I'm playing the version release on January 15th

Years
    • Online now
    @Rintaro

The point is that you should make sure you're playing the latest version before reporting any bugs. So it would be a good idea to update and try again;)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well, I didn't apply any patch after releasing the beta 15, so I'm not playing the beta 15.4 nor 15.1 or 15.2, I'm playing the version release on January 15th
    Then please, don't report any bugs until you can play the Beta 15.4 and check if the bug is actually happening there.
    As it is natural, when a new patch comes out the previous ones are automatically deprecated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    Well, I'll update my game and replay it, and see if the error is resolved, thanks btw !

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    Hey, new user in the Community right there!

I've just finished the hack(gotta say I've never felt so good playing a Pokemon game, will really miss the characters and the story).

I come with a question - is there anything else for me to do after the ending cutscene? Or they only thing left would be to grind till 255 to beat the boss in the Network?

Sorry if you've already asnwered such question but the thread is enormous, not sure if I'd find the answer.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I come with a question - is there anything else for me to do after the ending cutscene? Or they only thing left would be to grind till 255 to beat the boss in the Network?
    There's also the rematches against the Kango Gym Leaders who are also Lv255, and a certain fight in Cerulean Cave against a Lv255 trainer too.
    But yeah, other than that, if you got all the TMs, completed all the bonus chapters and so on, you're done with the hack until the expansion comes out.

Back