• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    I want to play it on my mygba on 3ds, I did all the patching but I still keep getting the white with weird sounds. What should I do?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I want to play it on my mygba on 3ds, I did all the patching but I still keep getting the white with weird sounds. What should I do?

FAQ:
    Q: What emulator should I use to play this hack?
    A: Aethestode highly suggests to use VisualBoyAdvance v1.7.2 or v1.8.0 to play this hack.
    This doesn't mean that the hack won't work in other platforms or devices, but it does mean that no support for them will be given in this thread, at least on my behalf.
    Note: VisualBoyAdvance-M is a separate emulator. VisualBoyAdvance refers to the older versions whose development ceased back in 2004.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Nope, it's a matter of trying.

Give the Pokémon a Lucky Egg, send it at the beginning of the battle and then swap it out with a strong Pokémon in a battle against a high leveled wild Pokémon.

I think that most of the content planned for the expansion of the Beta 15 is not implemented in the ROM.
    Aethestode is the only one directly working on the hack, there isn't really "a team".

That being said, sure, go ahead. Aethestode doesn't really come to this place anymore, and I don't think he would care anyway.

That's strange. "Prof. Oak" should be standing in front of the table at his lab in Pallet Town.
    Are you sure that you're playing on a clean savefile in the Beta 15.4?

No.

Sorry i want to ask few question
    I m play beta 15.4
    1. Is Green tale 2 is can't be finish ?, I'm stuck can't get it to the door to save the other in sliph co
    2. Can you give the method to get all kanghaskid and stantler evolutionary line
    What lv they evolve ?
    3. How to get weppinbell split evo?
    4. Is kabiin can evolve? If it can what lv?
    5 are the power plant bonus is still and playable in this new beta?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • 1. Is Green tale 2 is can't be finish ?, I'm stuck can't get it to the door to save the other in sliph co
    Green's Tale 2 can definitely be finished. I was able to play through it with no problems, at the very least.
    Are you sure that you're playing on the Beta 15.4 with a clean savefile?
    2. Can you give the method to get all kanghaskid and stantler evolutionary line
    What lv they evolve ?
    No idea about Stantler, but the Kangas Line works like this:
    -Male Kangaskid evolves into Kangaskhoo at Lv20.
    -Female Kangaskid evolves into Kangaskhan at Lv20.
    -Male or Female Kangaskid can evolve into Cubone by levelling up (any level) while they're holding a Skull.
    3. How to get weppinbell split evo?
    No clue.
    4. Is kabiin can evolve? If it can what lv?
    No, it can't.
    5 are the power plant bonus is still and playable in this new beta?
    As long as you haven't beaten Moltres in Cinnabar Island yet, yes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I hear rumors that beta 15 is the last update is that for real

Not exactly, there's going to be one more major update (not including bug fixes), that adds some sidequests, and a few features, but no more regions or main storyline are going to be added

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I hear rumors that beta 15 is the last update is that for real
    FAQ:
    Q: When will the next version come out?
    A: There's usually 1 major release per year, but that's not really set in stone. It's a mere estimation.
    Right now, the next release for the hack is going to be an expansion of the Beta 15 after which the development of the hack will cease.
    For more details, check the Special Updates Post linked above.

XxPikachuxX

Enthusiast
    Years
  • I finally got the latest Beta to work lol, turns out it was the mirroring set to default in VBA-M that triggered the white screen. Disabling it was the solution. Thanks for trying to help tho!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    Hi all. Im trying to run beta 15.4 but seem to be running into some trouble. Every time I try to run it I end up stuck on a white screen. Ive successfully patched and downloaded the game, and even tried downloading a .gba file of 15.4, but both leave me with a white screen. I have never played this rom hack before, and have no previous saves so I know that isn't the issue. Recently I tried an older beta version, and the latest I can get to work is 14.5. Im running this rom on openemu 2 on a MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi all. Im trying to run beta 15.4 but seem to be running into some trouble. Every time I try to run it I end up stuck on a white screen. Ive successfully patched and downloaded the game, and even tried downloading a .gba file of 15.4, but both leave me with a white screen. I have never played this rom hack before, and have no previous saves so I know that isn't the issue. Recently I tried an older beta version, and the latest I can get to work is 14.5. Im running this rom on openemu 2 on a MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated.
    OpenEmu uses mGBA for its GBA Emulation. mGBA is a very accurate emulator.
    It was only recently that it was able to run ROMs whose filesize is bigger than 32.0 MB (33,554,432 bytes), so my assumption is that OpenEmu might use an older version.
    I suppose that if that assumption is correct, OpenEmu will need to update its fork of mGBA for the hack to be able to boot up on it.

That being said, I'll leave you the section of the FAQ (hint: look at the main post) that addresses this sort of matter:
    Q: What emulator should I use to play this hack?
    A: Aethestode highly suggests to use VisualBoyAdvance v1.7.2 or v1.8.0 to play this hack.
    This doesn't mean that the hack won't work in other platforms or devices, but it does mean that no support for them will be given in this thread, at least on my behalf.
    Note: VisualBoyAdvance-M is a separate emulator. VisualBoyAdvance refers to the older versions whose development ceased back in 2004.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Green's Tale 2 can definitely be finished. I was able to play through it with no problems, at the very least.
    Are you sure that you're playing on the Beta 15.4 with a clean savefile?

No idea about Stantler, but the Kangas Line works like this:
    -Male Kangaskid evolves into Kangaskhoo at Lv20.
    -Female Kangaskid evolves into Kangaskhan at Lv20.
    -Male or Female Kangaskid can evolve into Cubone by levelling up (any level) while they're holding a Skull.

No clue.

No, it can't.

As long as you haven't beaten Moltres in Cinnabar Island yet, yes.

Thank you for the answer, the door thing is just me being misunderstood, i just finish the chapter
    I just discovered that you just need use sun stone to get weppinbell split evo and policroak , and link stone to get farfetchd evo, still trying to figure how to get tangela split evo and stantler
    Just notice that alola exeguttor is grass psychic not grass dragon is that intentional ?
    Any guide how to finish relic beast chapter and broken bird bonus chapter ? I kinda lost there after the bonus chapter start

One more question if we do the abandoned gym before facing lt surge in power plant or sliph Co, is there any dialog changing happen, or just still the same?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Just notice that alola exeguttor is grass psychic not grass dragon is that intentional ?
    It might be an overlook. I'll bring it up in the Discord server.
    May I ask how did you get an Alolan Exeggutor though? Just so I can take a pic of it myself.
    Any guide how to finish relic beast chapter and broken bird bonus chapter ? I kinda lost there after the bonus chapter start
    There's a Youtube playlist in the Side Chapter Starting Point Guide linked at the main post.
    One more question if we do the abandoned gym before facing lt surge in power plant or sliph Co, is there any dialog changing happen, or just still the same?
    I honestly don't remember. It's possible. I definitely remember there's an additional dialogue when you fight Giovanni in Viridian City if you play that side chapter beforehand though.

Last edited:
    Back