• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I would like to play this rom hack but I am kind of confused. Which beta should I play? It sounds like Beta 11 has much more content, but why? I am sure there is an easy explanation, I just dont understand why the older version has more content. I guess the newer one is more polished?

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    I would like to play this rom hack but I am kind of confused. Which beta should I play? It sounds like Beta 11 has much more content, but why? I am sure there is an easy explanation, I just dont understand why the older version has more content. I guess the newer one is more polished?

Beta 13 Part 2D is the most recent and contains all of Kanto. Beta 11 has more regions though, but it doesn't look as good and there's no cutscene portraits. There are also some exclusive Pokémon to Beta 13.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    So I don't know if this has been brought up yet (there are so many pages to look through) but after I battle Brown in Victory Road it black screens whenever I try to go into my bag. Is there a fix for this?

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    So I don't know if this has been brought up yet (there are so many pages to look through) but after I battle Brown in Victory Road it black screens whenever I try to go into my bag. Is there a fix for this?

That's the item bug, since you can't have more than 42 at any one time. You should have deposited some items earlier.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2020
    In the chapter section of the main post, the chaoters after the 20 one are still red coloured.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2021
    I'm not sure if this bug has been reported or not, but if Kabiin reaches level 42, the game will softlock after looking upon its changes in stats. This occurs both through rare candies and in-battle, regardless of whether it is currently fighting or not. If it's also any help, I used both a newer version of mGBA and VBA-M when replicating this bug.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    How do I get to Celadon or a route to Celadon? I did Lavender Town, but since it only has one route, I end up going back to Vermilion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    I'm not sure if this bug has been reported or not, but if Kabiin reaches level 42, the game will softlock after looking upon its changes in stats. This occurs both through rare candies and in-battle, regardless of whether it is currently fighting or not. If it's also any help, I used both a newer version of mGBA and VBA-M when replicating this bug.

Can confirm, tried it with my game that's Version 2D.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I would like to play this rom hack but I am kind of confused. Which beta should I play? It sounds like Beta 11 has much more content, but why? I am sure there is an easy explanation, I just dont understand why the older version has more content. I guess the newer one is more polished?
    Beta 11 is the last version of Red Chapter before the project was restarted.
    Beta 12 was a restart and the Beta 13 is the continuation of said restart.
    If you want to play the latest version, the download of the latest Beta 13 Patch is in the main post.
    Hello guys, I won against Giovanni in his Gym but I can't go to Indingo League so what I am supposed to do?
    Yes, yes you can. Go to Route 22 and interact with Jasmine. Don't try to get into the league by walking on her sides.
    Does the RTC patch for beta 13 part 1 work for part 2?
    Yes, but I feel the need of clarifying yet again that it is only meant to be used if you play on mGBA.
    In the chapter section of the main post, the chaoters after the 20 one are still red coloured.
    I'll take care of that today, don't worry.
    Ye but there are 3 gyarados blockning the path
    Make sure to get the invitation which is in Cinnabar Island's Laboratory.
    How do I get to Celadon or a route to Celadon? I did Lavender Town, but since it only has one route, I end up going back to Vermilion.
    West of Route 5.
    There's 2E? What does it fix? Lunos didn't mention it.
    Yes, yes I did. In the exact same post where I posted the download link, in fact.

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
  • got stuck at route 5 after trying to enter saffron city, i believe it's a known bug, but is there a workaround ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What happened to the teleport guy in Beta 13? How do I get around?

Love the new sprites btw

Back