• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
    • Seen today
    I'd say its doable without cheese only if you have pokemon that can apply paralysis or something two times (he has a lum berry) plus tanking hits from an Aggron 50 levels above you. Flame body on Volcarona or static on Ampharos are bonuses. All of this only works if RNG favours you though.

only problem with volcarona is larvesta dont evolve into that until 59 unless that was changed in this

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello.
    This game is really amazing. I'm impressed with the details and the BGM are very good.
    I played until the end of the latest demo.
    I updated to version 0.6.3, but I found some bug and would like to contact you.
    First of all, if talking to the police on road 319, he repeats the talk and cannot be canceled.
    Also, when Wimpod (I don't know if other Pokémon also have this problem or not) evolves, the following bug will be displayed and it will be forcibly terminated. It cannot evolve.

Script 'EliteBattle_1' line 2150: ArgumentError occurred.
    wrong number of arguments(3 for 2)

The whole game is very interesting and I am looking forward to the next update.
    (I'm sorry my English is not good , so the expression may be strange)

Years
  • Few bugs to report. The first is that the move Teleport can softlock the game. I encountered this when on Route 303 before triggering the Celestial grunt battle by the gatehouse, I warped back to the pokecenter to heal and when I returned to the route the two grunts were in the way, barring my progress and unable to be interacted with. Fortunately I didn't save and could reset, but doing so cost me some progress. I imagine this is true for several other events in the game too, although I haven't checked. A simple solution if you don't wanna re-write every event in the game would be to just remove Teleport from the learnsets of Ralts and Abra. (replace with Kinesis maybe?)

The second, and more frustrating but perhaps easier to fix, is that I get an error and game crash any time I try and evolve Tepig. Frustratingly, this happened after a hard-fought win against Cassandra, forcing me to go back and redo that fight. This stings, since I was really looking forward to adding it to my team :'(

EDIT: The error occurs whenever I evolve Tepig in the wild, too. Seems to be an issue with EBS. For what it's worth, here is the error message RMXP gives me:
    Spoiler:

Seems like maybe a missing bracket somewhere or smth. Hope this can be fixed soon, because I really, really wanna use Tepig!

EDIT2: I tested and this seems to happen with every evolution after a battle, no matter the pokemon. I'm on v0.6.3.

All in all though, enjoying it so far and still recommending it to anybody that will listen. Getting Togepi to evolve into Togetic is a real pain in the butt though, lemme tell you. I feel like I've been force-feeding it all the lemonades and fresh waters I can, and the darn thing STILL won't evolve! Why'd you have to make friendship so hard to raise, for one of the starters no less?! Plus, I have no idea if I'm even close or not. Something like a friendship checker app on the pokegear would make my quest to evolve my egg feel a little less futile, at the very least.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen today
    Few bugs to report. The first is that the move Teleport can softlock the game. I encountered this when on Route 303 before triggering the Celestial grunt battle by the gatehouse, I warped back to the pokecenter to heal and when I returned to the route the two grunts were in the way, barring my progress and unable to be interacted with. Fortunately I didn't save and could reset, but doing so cost me some progress. I imagine this is true for several other events in the game too, although I haven't checked. A simple solution if you don't wanna re-write every event in the game would be to just remove Teleport from the learnsets of Ralts and Abra. (replace with Kinesis maybe?)

The second, and more frustrating but perhaps easier to fix, is that I get an error and game crash any time I try and evolve Tepig. Frustratingly, this happened after a hard-fought win against Cassandra, forcing me to go back and redo that fight. This stings, since I was really looking forward to adding it to my team :'(

All in all though, enjoying it so far and still recommending it to anybody that will listen. Getting Togepi to evolve into Togetic is a real pain in the butt though, lemme tell you. I feel like I've been force-feeding it all the lemonades and fresh waters I can, and the darn thing STILL won't evolve! Why'd you have to make friendship so hard to raise, for one of the starters no less?! Plus, I have no idea if I'm even close or not. Something like a friendship checker app on the pokegear would make my quest to evolve my egg feel a little less futile, at the very least.

never experienced the first one personally............ as for the second one i myself had no issues with evolving my now emboar........... and as for the 3rd one, oh god YES, ive had a budew ever since before the first badge and i just recently finished the current release AND IT STILL HASNT EVOLVED -_-

if there was any major gripes i would have about this fan game its how friendship gain/loss was altered imo for the worse

Years
  • Hello, it's me again~
    So currently, I'm in the middle of the attack of the Team Tectonic on the School. I played a bit, then saved, and came back after some time.
    Each time:
    -I take a few steps (in any direction)
    -either talk/start the battle
    the game freezes. I can't move, use the menu or quit using the "X".
    To quit I use the application manager... Also, I've tried all of my backups (4) to no effect.
    At this point, I don't think that restarting the game would help

ProjectIceman

Shen the Ambitious PokeTuber
    Years
  • Found a bug. Not sure if someone reported it, but you get stuck in dialogue with this Police Officer in the route next to Squall City

Attachments

• Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)
      Capture1.PNG
      43.6 KB · Views: 1
    • Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)
      Capture2.PNG
      41.9 KB · Views: 0

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
  • It seems that others have already mentioned it, but when I try to evolve Mons I also get the elitebattle error. I don't know if this affecting all the critters or not but It's happening with Ducklett and Tepig :

Script 'EliteBattle_1' line 2150: ArgumentError occurred.
    wrong number of arguments(3 for 2)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, it's me again~
    So currently, I'm in the middle of the attack of the Team Tectonic on the School. I played a bit, then saved, and came back after some time.
    Each time:
    -I take a few steps (in any direction)
    -either talk/start the battle
    the game freezes. I can't move, use the menu or quit using the "X".
    To quit I use the application manager... Also, I've tried all of my backups (4) to no effect.
    At this point, I don't think that restarting the game would help

So, the problem has been partially resolved. I've waited for some time, got an announcement that the script is hanging - the game restarted. Though a bit laggy, it works.

Roe

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    After restarting the game and playing up to the part where you can participate in the tournament if you say no to participating the game just stops.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    I'm not that dude who plays games, I watch others play them 😜

But a friendly reminder that the possessive of "it" is "its."
    "It's" with an apostrophe means "it is."
    So when you say "The wild Audino is reacting to it's Audinite!" you're saying "The wild Audino is reacting to it is Audinite!"
    Sorry, not exactly a bug, but I see this in fangames all the time. 😜

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
    Years
  • Ah nice to come back to see multiple game breaking bugs. I'll get to work on them :P

So, the problem has been partially resolved. I've waited for some time, got an announcement that the script is hanging - the game restarted. Though a bit laggy, it works.

It shouldn't be lagging though, at least if it wasn't before. Unfortunately I don't know why that happened so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to fix it. I'd offer to tweak your save but I'm not sure that it's something I could fix.

Few bugs to report. The first is that the move Teleport can softlock the game. I encountered this when on Route 303 before triggering the Celestial grunt battle by the gatehouse, I warped back to the pokecenter to heal and when I returned to the route the two grunts were in the way, barring my progress and unable to be interacted with. Fortunately I didn't save and could reset, but doing so cost me some progress. I imagine this is true for several other events in the game too, although I haven't checked. A simple solution if you don't wanna re-write every event in the game would be to just remove Teleport from the learnsets of Ralts and Abra. (replace with Kinesis maybe?)

EDIT: The error occurs whenever I evolve Tepig in the wild, too. Seems to be an issue with EBS. For what it's worth, here is the error message RMXP gives me:
    Spoiler:

Seems like maybe a missing bracket somewhere or smth. Hope this can be fixed soon, because I really, really wanna use Tepig!

EDIT2: I tested and this seems to happen with every evolution after a battle, no matter the pokemon. I'm on v0.6.3.

Ah you're right. There are a few events that might be broken by teleport, the route 303 one is the worst because it's not obvious that you can't use it. It'd be easy enough to turn off teleport with a switch though, no sense in deleting the move.

I feel like you guys are overstating how difficult it is to get happiness. The only major change I made is to increase the happiness lost when you faint (5 points instead of just 1), which is always avoidable. Aside from that I also made it take more steps to gain happiness, but that's counteracted by having larger maps in general. You have a happiness checker in Nimagale (admittedly very limited), a soothe bell, and a way to get massages. Quite frankly by the third badge getting happiness is pretty easy imo.

Ok so quite frankly 0.6.2 is more stable than 0.6.3 so I'll put the link back up for now. The police bug has definitely been fixed. The evolution bug seems to be working but I'll do more thorough testing this time around (I swear I tested some evolution moves which involves evolution so I don't know how I got that to work before). I'll fix the mega message and do something about teleport. Baton pass I think broke when I fixed uturn/volt switch transfering stats, and I'd rather have the current setup than the latter but I'll see if I can fix both. Really wanted to come back and implement some new things but that might have to wait a bit longer.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen today
    even with it only being 5 points lost instead of 1 in regards to happiness i feel as if it shouldnt take 30 fresh waters, or 6 soda pops and 1 rare candy to evolve a budew even when ur able to manipulate the in game time via your computer's clock setting to fit accordingly cuz i did this while simultaneously running back and forth between town and a route for training it making sure it never fainted and yet despite all this it never evolved and here it sits at approximately level 45 still a wee sapling of a budew, yet to blossom into what will eventually become a roserade

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hey, so im kinda stuck at the 5th gym. I cant seem to get a golden ticket. Hope someone can help me.

Alababal

Years
  • So new update (verson 0.6.4) is out and in the first post. Actually made a couple of mechanic tweaks with this one. First of all, HM moves can be forgotten now without a move deleter. Secondly, the name rater will work for traded pokemon as well. Also, it's not a mechanic tweak but the Celestial hideout should be fixed for after the end of the demo.

As for the bugs, hopefully evolution works properly now. Teleport still isn't completely safe, but it's on my to do list.

I'm really hoping to reopen the research center withing the next update or two. Keep an eye out for that.

Roe

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If your opponent uses the move Sky Drop you can't attack anymore and the opponent always misses you

Alababal

Years
  • If your opponent uses the move Sky Drop you can't attack anymore and the opponent always misses you

Another broken move? I'll add it to the list.

Actually that sounds completely game breaking. How does the battle end? I assume you have to switch out, or can you? To the top of the list it goes...

Also, Pokémon Alabaster has a discord now! Come join us!

Back