• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Alexandrite (1.1.7) - 16DEC2022

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    BGM loops are possible with something called FMod, I don't know if it's supported in 19.1 or how difficult it would be to implement but I can look into it for the full release 1.0
    --edit: You are saying that BGM should continue from where it was after a battle right? Or were you suggesting something else.

I mean that the music tracks currently fade out, then goes back to the beginning, as opposed to being looped, so in longer battles you hear a few seconds of silence from time to time.

Btw, would also like to mention a bug I found: the game crashes upon opening the menu while inside the Safari Zone (Safari can be finished, but menu can't be opened to check encounters):

Pokémon Alexandrite (1.1.7) - 16DEC2022

Thanks for your reply.

PS: Is it possible to evolve Cubone into Alolan Marowak? I caught a Cubone holding a Thick Club and my team could use its Alolan evolution typing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    -snip-

PS: Is it possible to evolve Cubone into Alolan Marowak? I caught a Cubone holding a Thick Club and my team could use its Alolan evolution typing.
    Unfortunately this is not possible, mostly because a method for this doesn't exist in the offical games, if I added this for cubone I'd logically need to do it for all of the other Alolan forms and it's just not something I'm up to adding, I don't want any other early ghost types except for Litwick, because it's BST is pretty balanced for the early gyms.
    Spoiler:

I've fixed a lot of what you reported, I'm investigating ways to implement changes to the BGM, but look forward to those fixes in an upcoming version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Updated game client to version 0.9.4
    • Removed possibility of player being shifted into impassible terrain after using field-moves with following pokemon.
    • Map and sprite tweaks.
    • Reduced the odds of wild encounters in caves by 40% -- Odds now 1.7% per step
    • Reduced odds of wild encounters in Ice Gym Underground by 500% (left too high by an oversight) -- Odds now 2.2% per step
    • Reduced odds of wild encounters in Spirit Tower by 20% (2.2% per step now)
    • Honeycomb is now correctly usable from bag
    • Fixed a crash related to the menu in the Safari Zone
    • Fixed a crash related to shiny pokemon causing a crash in the Safari Zone
    • Reduced encounter rate for all grass in the game to 10% per step from 11.6% per step
    • Safari Zone encounter rates are 15% per step in grass and 5% per step in the cave.
    • All nature mints now show up in the Earthroot Candy-shop, greatly reduced the cost of Nature Mints.
    • Changed odds of fishing to be 100%, no need to spam rod anymore.
    • Added Loop Points for many battle tracks which did not previously have them.
    • Improved the function of ice-crack tiles in Frozen Cavern and Ice-gym fall tiles.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    idk if this is a bug or intentional but it seems when using an EXP candy on a pokemon that evolves via level up they wont evolve if the EXP candy takes them to that exact level (in my case i had used an EXP candy S i got from a sidequest to level a kakuna and it hit level 10 but didnt evolve into beedrill)

EDIT: i went to level it up after finding this out and it didnt evolve after hitting level 11 either, was its evolution requirement changed or something?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Unfortunately this is not possible, mostly because a method for this doesn't exist in the offical games, if I added this for cubone I'd logically need to do it for all of the other Alolan forms and it's just not something I'm up to adding, I don't want any other early ghost types except for Litwick, because it's BST is pretty balanced for the early gyms.
    Spoiler:

No worries, I just guessed that there was a way to obtain it given the presence of Alolan forms in the game. But if it's not possible through evolution I'll see if I can get a Litwick or catch the Alolan Marowak later. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: i went to level it up after finding this out and it didnt evolve after hitting level 11 either, was its evolution requirement changed or something?

Kakuna evolves at level 14 in this game (probably to make up for the slight boost on Beedrill stats). And yes, there is a speed button, it's Q for me but if that doesn't work press F1 to check what key it's bound to.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    idk if this is a bug or intentional but it seems when using an EXP candy on a pokemon that evolves via level up they wont evolve if the EXP candy takes them to that exact level (in my case i had used an EXP candy S i got from a sidequest to level a kakuna and it hit level 10 but didnt evolve into beedrill)

Corveone is correct, I forgot to put this level change in the evolution notes. Sorry for any confusion.

I also want to say there is a known issue I disovered around Neon City where the reporter does not appropriately give you dialogue when she should, it will be fixed in the next release but if anyone is stuck, the trainers which go to route 110 dissapear after defeating neon gym and after that you should investigate Mt. Mauve.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Update: Released Hotfix 1 for 0.9.4
    Fixes a soft-lock which can happen in the Soul Gym
    Fixes a typo with IV generation on Starters
    Fixes a crash which would happen if you pushed Z in the Safari Zone

Find the download in the main post.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Game cleared :)

Nice job on the E4. Played on hard mode, and had to retry it a few times and play smart to succeed, they have pretty good and challenging teams.

Great game overall, fun and well paced. Biggest gripe at the end was the lack of some iconic TMs such as Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Acrobatics, and the Elemental Punches, which can hurt some builds. It would be nice to include them in future updates.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Game cleared :)

Nice job on the E4. Played on hard mode, and had to retry it a few times and play smart to succeed, they have pretty good and challenging teams.

Great game overall, fun and well paced. Biggest gripe at the end was the lack of some iconic TMs such as Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Acrobatics, and the Elemental Punches, which can hurt some builds. It would be nice to include them in future updates.

Thank you for playing and sharing your feedback!

I do intend to include these TM's and that kind of balancing is coming before 1.0 release. I'm very much enthusiastic about the game being complete but it's still got a lot of work I need to polish up.

I appreciate your help with the bugs!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Nice game by the way what's the Toggle Debug used for because at the start of the player home there an Option for it and since there is some sort of password i try entering it was wondering if ya can tell me if not maybe pm me lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Nice game by the way what's the Toggle Debug used for because at the start of the player home there an Option for it and since there is some sort of password i try entering it was wondering if ya can tell me if not maybe pm me lol

Debug is like a hidden menu that lets you give yourself items, add/modify Pokémon, teach moves, jump through maps, and change many other things beyond what the game normally allows. Developers use it for beta testing, but it's something normally unavailable to the player.

Big Snort

Mope
    Years
  • Hey! I've been playing your game and having an interesting time so far- I just reached the fifth gym of course, so I'm in no way close to finished with it. That being said, I saw that you wanted bug reports if there were any, so I made a list during my playthrough!

- Old engineer in bouldergrove gives out free infinite charcoal
    - Feint can hit ghost-types
    - If you battle a fished pokemon and then go find a pokemon in the grass the battle background will still be ocean-themed
    - Spinning past the Rocket member in the game corner basement will cause him to wait until you're done spinning and fight you from across the room, off-screen
    - After giving you items, the blue-suited man in Yew's lab will not speak to you again.
    - Some item (namely Mega Stone) overworld sprites appear to become fossils when you pick them up.
    - Unsure if this is a bug, but there's an old sailor who offers to give you a map, says you already have one, and then later Brett gives you one anyway?

- And then there's something which happened when I tried to speak to Eve after she joined the party. I had no idea how to describe it, so I took pictures- unfortunately, I don't know where screenshots are saved from the game. Best I can say is her ghost manifested in her previous position in the nurse's house.

Overall, a bit rough around the edges but a neat game! I look forward to seeing where its development goes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Thank you for the reports, I'm happy to announce that a majority of these are already fixed pending the release of 0.9.5! Yeah the game is going to have some issues still being in beta, I appreciate the help in squishing these bugs.

Are you sure the Pokémon using Feint did not have Scrappy?

Big Snort

Mope
    Years
  • Thank you for the reports, I'm happy to announce that a majority of these are already fixed pending the release of 0.9.5! Yeah the game is going to have some issues still being in beta, I appreciate the help in squishing these bugs.

Are you sure the Pokémon using Feint did not have Scrappy?

That's great to hear! Also I don't believe so- it hit a Litwick

Back