• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Had an issue after the Cerulean Mermaid event, after I saved game and reloaded, my Pokemon option in the menu disappeared. Don't know if it's tied in with some events before or after, but I am not able to make it reappear (only way I can is if I re-enter the Safari Zone, but only there can I access Pokemon on the menu, outside I cannot do it. I also tried catching a Pokemon, accessing PC, re-entering several locations, nothing worked).

Is there a way I can hack my save file to show the Pokemon option in the menu again?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I just finished making a text walkthrough of AshGray beta version 4.5.3. here. I have an inkling as to my last issue and I think it may be because I backtracked to Pokemon Land/Porta Vista (the area where you lost your Pokemon after the S.S. Anne), but I'm not entirely certain.

Also what happened to the official guide thread? I noticed that it didn't go far.

Years
I have no particular interest in impersonating Ash Ketchum (Gary Oak Forever), but I must say that I downloaded this hack this morning, and it still hasn't tired me. Well done hack, faithful to the anime, however, I have some questions that I probably left out in the heat:
1) where can I find the replacement for HM Rock Smash?
2) There are Orange Island event?
3) How many challenges are there against Gary Oak?
4) Is this hack finish?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I have no particular interest in impersonating Ash Ketchum (Gary Oak Forever), but I must say that I downloaded this hack this morning, and it still hasn't tired me. Well done hack, faithful to the anime, however, I have some questions that I probably left out in the heat:
1) where can I find the replacement for HM Rock Smash?
2) There are Orange Island event?
3) How many challenges are there against Gary Oak?
4) Is this hack finish?

As for question 4, I believe it;s done till the indigo plateau, including the first movie as well. If you want to play the Orange islands saga, Play Orange islands by Kalarie which is faithful to the orange islands arc.

Years
I have a problem: I got to the mewtwo saga, and as soon as he beats me and I have to throw myself in the hole to take back the stolen poke balls, I get stuck, the character remains there. What do I have to do??

Years
I arrived at the Mewtwo saga, and when I have to rush into the tunnel to retrieve the pokeball containing pikachu, everything freezes, I have the image of ash still motionless near the machine that carries the stolen pokemon. What should I do? Answer please

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
I have a problem: I got to the mewtwo saga, and as soon as he beats me and I have to throw myself in the hole to take back the stolen poke balls, I get stuck, the character remains there. What do I have to do??

Hmm you must go back in the door, and then somewhat talk to Mewtwo for the "battle to start", yeah i had a similar error, so i reloaded my save

(Sorry for my english)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 22, 2020
This message is for anyone who can help me out with this problem.

I was at Celadon City ready to take on the Celadon City gym. When I about to battle the first trainer, the game and/or the emulator completely crashed on me and mysteriously deleted my save state. I've still got the in-game save , but it gotten mysteriously corrupted.Anyway, I've tried everything to fix the problem. I've tried restarting the game normally, but that didn't work. I've patching the game myself, but that also didn't work. I've also tried to redownload the game, but that also didn't work.

I've decided to use this digital platform to publicly post my problem on here to see if anyone can help me solve this problem for good.

I've attached the video file so any of you with useful and helpful tips can see the problem I'm experiencing.

If anyone replies to this post with helpful and useful tips, then I'll reply back to you.

Also, if anyone knows how to prperly convert save files on Android devices, then please let me know.

Thank you so for letting me use this digital platform to publicly post my problem. I really appreciate it😁😁😁

Anyway, I'll see you people on here the next time I need to use this digital platform😁😁😁😁😁

Attachments

• the problem.mp4
    7.7 MB
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 2, 2020
Xanadu nursery mission Pokemon ash gray

can some one tell me. I m playing Pokemon ash gray and tried 5 times but after mewto mission why ash mom is not giving xanadu nursery mission. Please guyz help me. I m really frustrated now🥺🥺

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 22, 2020
Well, I made it all the way to the end of the second movie in the Orange islands and very sad that there's no more to play in this awesome hack.

Yes there are bugs here and there but none major. The final part of the game is incredibly well done and I can understand why it must have seemed like too much effort to continue, this would have taken ages.

RIP Metapod23, thanks again.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hmm i find it weird that we must take all our items due to no cheating at the pokemon league........since my PC is filled out!

That's why i stopped playing this game

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 27, 2020
One thing that I'll say is that I figured out a way to get back to the main continent using the warp cheat for fire red, basically manipulates a door event and lets you choose a location to go into. I made it back to the continent. I just wish there was a way to replay the league! Team Rocket made me lose in the round of 16s, I'd like to play it through to the end. And repeat it with other teams, for fun... usual end of game stuff.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 27, 2020
Is it possible to get back to pallet town after the orange league badges and "saving the world"?

or does anyone have a save file before elite four?

Thanks

It's possible with a warp location cheat. It manipulates a door event. Look up fire red cheats.

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 28, 2023
My raft shattered, what do I do?

were you at the versus mewtwo? it really shattered from me there but after mewtwo event or surfing Pikachu event, I still can use the raft..

or if my raft shattered... it means I can get lapras on orange island who know how to use surf.

my question :
Hello, I have a problem somewhere in Orange Islands where I am with Misty and will be battling for my either 2nd badge or 3rd badge.. Where can I get a waterfall? My Pokémon has its move but It cannot use it. and I cannot climb the water fall either.. is it a bug?

Red123456789

Pixel
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
My game keeps crashing at celadon gym. It might be because I used a rare candy cheat for infinite money but im not sure

Years
  • Seen yesterday
@Red123456789

If you use cheats in any ROM hack, you're on your own. Those are generally not supported.

Red123456789

Pixel
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
Damn it
Oh well thanks
I was wondering how come it worked until the celadon gym trainers
The trainers on the route after celadon seem to be working just fine...
I f you know anything about that pls let me know
Even after all cheats ever used in my emulator, which was only with one other game, were wiped out, it still crashes, I pretty much tried everything

Last edited:
Back