• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Ususally bug, fighting, rock and ghost Pokemon aren't in my team. Sometimes I train up some of those Pokemon for a bit of fun. However, I do have an EVIL Gengar on my Fire red main team.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    For me, yeah. Ghost Pokemon were never part of my team. I hate Ghost Pokemon, 'cause of there uselessness. They don't have anything that's too unique to them - Ghost and Psychic are almost the same.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    Ghost types are vunerable to their own attacks, which I find quite inane. They have no initial purpose, despite their advantage to psychic types - they are only unsusceptible to psychic types in Red, Blue, and Yellow - as dark types can easily take down psychic types (a well as ghost types) whilst being immune by their attacks.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Double Edged Swords. :3 And besides, were there any other Ghost Pokemon in R~G~Y~B/FR~LG other than the Gastly, Haunter and Gengar trio? Its bad 'cause of that, see, for the last Ghost Pokemon, you need to trade. A huge bother of sorts.

Years
    I think they got rid of the ghost/ghost weakness in the 3rd generation, though, since I noticed that ghost moves only did normal damage to ghost types there.

No, there weren't any other ghost pokemon besides those three in the original games, though it looks like Misdreavous as well is available in LG (not that I have one, but I just looked it up out of curiosity). What I find more of a bother is that their poison dual type causes them to be weak against the very type they're supposed to be good against...I just don't see what the purpose was in giving them that.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    I think they got rid of the ghost/ghost weakness in the 3rd generation, though, since I noticed that ghost moves only did normal damage to ghost types there.
    I do recall battling a Dusclops in Emerald, that was highly effected by a Shadow Ball attack that I launched. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I surely thought that ghost type attacks effected other ghost just as greatly as they do Psychic types.

However, that just proves their weakness. Dark types have definitely taken the place of ghost types.

Psycho

Last edited:

Scizor_Lover

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    yep, shadow ball is super effective against all the ghost pokemon, which does mean it is ghost/ghost weakness. A bit wierd if you ask me.

JAG

Years
    I use only Dragon and Ghost type Pokémon. :D

heh...

*Jumps on GameBoy after loosing against a lv.3 Sentret* [joke]

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    I use EXP. Share if I'm training a dragon, and the Daycare Man. :P

This is mostly in Leaf Green, of course. Though, I do the same for other games. Dragons are an extremely powerful asset.

Psycho

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    I don't do EV training while simply playing the game, and following the story. I'm just in it to have fun. Though, if I were doing competive battling and competitions, then things would be different.
    Dusclops is all ghost; its not a dual type. I checked the Pokedex.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Psycho said:
    I don't do EV training while simply playing the game, and following the story. I'm just in it to have fun. Though, if I were doing competive battling and competitions, then things would be different.
    Dusclops is all ghost; its not a dual type. I checked the Pokedex.

Psycho
    Well .. I think you ought to check the Type Charts. They should have the match ups for everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back