• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
    my kyogre on emerald has beat the master rank[i think in beuty].i resently hatched a pichu that new volt tackle and it 1 a cool contested strait after it hatched.to get pichu that knows volt tackle breed a pikachu thats holding light ball with an ordinary pikachu or ditto

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I transfered all my Master-rank winners from Ruby to Pearl, and I can't seem to win the master rank with them... But they've served me well, I think i beat one master rank contest in Pearl because I got a star on my trainer card for it.

Here are my winners:
    Cool - Magnemite: Master Rank in Hoenn/ Great Rank in Shinnoh
    Beauty - Milotic: Master Rank in Hoenn/ Ultra Rank in Shinnoh
    Cute - Ludicolo: Master Rank in Hoenn and Shinnoh
    Smart - Spinda: Master Rank in Hoenn/ Ultra Rank in Shinnoh
    Tough - Banette: Master Rank in Hoenn/ Ultra Rank in Shinnoh

They've all served my so well, but I need to improve my own Coordinator Abilities to get the Master Ranks for the other 4 types in Shinnoh. They're a lot harder than the contests in Hoenn.

If you get a certain amount of ribbons on one pokemon in D/P you get into an exclusive club/building in the Battle Frontier, which I've gotten into. So that's why I did the ribbons this time around. And in Ruby, I was going for 100% completion, which is why i went for the master ranks on those 5 pokemon i just mentioned. I guess i love this game a little too much. haha.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    If i remember correctly, Emerald version (which I've never had, so don't be disappointed if i'm wrong) combined all the contest halls and turned it into one, unimpressive one in Lillycove City. The otehrs were replaced by "battle tents" whatever those are... Anyways, at the contest hall in lillycove, you could battle at all 4 levels of the Hoenn contest ranks.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Uh i don't think they're exactly like the one in D/P... mostly because there's no touch screen, thus there's no dressing up the pokemon or a dance mini game... It's exactly like the one in R/S though...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the contests in DP are completely different from the ones in RSE...

Also, nobody wants a Pichu that knows Volt Tackle because everybody already has one.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't have one. I'd happily take one.

Anyways, if you guys were GymLeaders, what Pokèmon Type would you make as your signature type? You know, the way Brock is rock and Misty is water ec cetera.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Hmm, I have always been fond of some Ghost types, and maybe if they added a few DECENT Dark types, that would be fun XD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd be a Water Gym leader. Though... I'm not very good at swimming...

Perhaps I'd be a Normal Gym leader, actually. Like (Whitney and) Norman.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Anyways, if you guys were GymLeaders, what Pokèmon Type would you make as your signature type? You know, the way Brock is rock and Misty is water ec cetera.

I would be a Dark Type Gym Leader. Obviously.

Fable, I agree, you should be a normal type gym leader. But more like Whitney and nothing like Norman ^^ Leave the Water Gym Leader slot for Beachy xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahha maybe yeah... But I wouldn't be like Whitney, she's even more arrogant than me ^^

I'd keep a Zangoose as my toughest partner and ace in battles. What Pokémon would you have as your best?

Twinx

Years
    Umbreon of course. He'd be my strongest. =)
    And of course, Absol would be an important member of my team..

Those two are my favourite dark pokemon..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, they're cool. Absol is one of my other fav Hoenn Pokémon. But I gotta agree with Oni Raichu, Houndoom was the dark type of my choice when I played Gold ^^

How are you anyways, DC? ^^

Twinx

Years
    I'm good twinx =) missin' ya ^^ hehe

I love Houndoom.. he's my secret weapon. Oh no.. did I just reveal my secret weapon?!?! 0_o

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I never really understood the need for a dark type... it has strong attacks against ghost and psychics, but weak against both steel and dark. I mean it might be nice to not take any damage from a psychic attack, and dragon only does half damage... but it's very susceptible to bug and fighting types... Hrm... actually I'm starting to see a good side to this...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahaha... well, there's an upside and downside of everything, Shadow ^^ But I agree with you (with your first opinion ^^) I've never really thought Dark-type was a very good invention. The pokémon there could have been ghosts or psychic instead. Though, maybe it brings a balance to the Johto gen, I don't know.

I KNOW DC's SECRET WEAPON!! Grrreat now I can finally figure out a way to b.... wait a minute. He's not my rival. Ryan is. Damn. ^^"

Twinx

Years
    Nop Nop Nop...
    Can you imagining a pokemon like Umbreon goast or psychic!? Nooo.. It just has a feeling of evilness into it... ya know?

You better not start mixing up your PC family rika XD
    lol we should have an "Upsy Daisy Day" where we mix up our family members hehe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back