• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Citrite Version [Alpha 1.3.1 FINAL EDITION]

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
So confused:( you're Nick on here and Alex on your romhack.me Well at least the picture is the same. Looking forward to more progress.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
After much delay, alpha 1.2.1 is here! I won't be announcing every release after this, but this push brings a lot of new content to the game...

...Namely, the moveset system I alluded to before! We've also got a brand-new character with her own event, plus the beginnings of the Massive Caverns. Why don't you try it out? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
Is this something I have to patch a ROM with? Apologies if someone's already asked. I read through and saw you mentioned grabbing a ROM so I'm assuming yes. If so, how do I do it?

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Is this something I have to patch a ROM with? Apologies if someone's already asked. I read through and saw you mentioned grabbing a ROM so I'm assuming yes. If so, how do I do it?
You want to download Lunar IPS from here, and download a Pokémon Emerald ROM from here, along with the latest patch of Citrite. Run the program, select "Apply IPS Patch," find your ROM and patch files, and voila! You should be able to open that in VBA and MyBoy.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Phew... it certainly has been a while. If you follow us on RHM or Twitter, you already know, but Citrite is certainly not dead. Today I'm releasing Alpha 1.3 of the game!

I know we just released alpha 1.2 about a month and a half ago, and have only had one release since then, but I feel that the unprecedented amount of new content, changes, and bugfixes in this version warrant a minor release increment. So, without further ado, here's some screenshots of what's new!

If you didn't notice, those images are high-resolution assets, and should display fine if you have your browser zoomed in (such is the case with high-resolution displays). The opening post will be updated soon with HD assets as they're made available.

So you want to play? Get it here!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Hey everyone! I'm posting back to let everyone know a couple points, as outlined in the updated OP.

Firstly, in case it wasn't clear from time, this project is discontinued. What's new is what exactly happened to this project, because I can tell you it was never abandoned at all :)

Second thing is, while Mediafire died, the patch lives. Nothing great ever truly disappears, does it? It's available up top, again, and there's a crafty backup method I devised in case the link dies, as often happens. As a third addendum, I also added some context about my source-based hacking redux of Citrite that has always been on GitHub but never publicly announced until now. You can check that out too if you like – it's very similar to the decomps but totally predates them!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Hello from 2024, everyone!

I'm posting here after years to announce the final edition commemorative release of my beloved fan hack. The opening post has been completely overhauled with full explanations and new media and is honestly looking better than ever. Naturally, I'd like to give you all one last shot to see it before it floats down for good.

I put a lot of effort into playtesting this game again both to gain those sweet new screenshots and for old time's sake. Needless to say, this is a very sentimental moment for me. Thanks for reading and enjoy my game.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Congratulations on releasing the final alpha! I don't know if you've heard of hacksrepairman, but he's a a ROM hacker whi has been going around finishing up incomplete and abandoned ROM hacks. He has finished some notable ones like Shiny Gold and Turquoise. Consider hitting him up, perhaps?

Back