• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    awesome screenshots kike cant wait for some more
    and anyway be carful with emerald its such a pain to hack well its good to see your getting on well with hacking with emerald

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Emerald; cool; That must be difficult; maknig sure everything is like Gold and all, but I guess that is the point.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I see you finished working on the Slowpoke Well's event, nice!

The firebreather sprite is still the one you did for Platinum, right? (I know you've improved a lot on spriting, so I'd prefer to see more of your own sprites on the game, rather than a lot from Platinum, but meh...)

Well, good luck with Kurt's script, as it will be your first longest script to make up to know (well, I think, unless you already did some other stuff), and, while you are at it, I suppose you'll have to take in mind the whole GS-Ball and Celebi event, no?

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Yup; this is impressive. Can't wait to see how you'll script the rest of the Johto region o_0

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • i wonder how kike-scott will put the odd egg event in?

note to anyone who has not played crystal: when u went into the daycare u would automatically receive an egg that would eventually hatch into a baby pkmn (pichu, cleffa, igglybuff, tyrouge, smoochum, elekid, magby, etc.) that knew dizzy punch and had a 50%(?) chance of being shiny.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Well, I don't know how he can do that, but I think he can use the checkflag script and make it vary on what starter he chose? If you chose Totodile it would be Elekid, etc. Or something else? O.o

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Well, I don't know how he can do that, but I think he can use the checkflag script and make it vary on what starter he chose? If you chose Totodile it would be Elekid, etc. Or something else? O.o

He can give a random egg without too much trouble (there is a "rand" scripting command), but I agree the 50% shiny bit would definitely be tough.

I played the preview and it's looking good, will keep an eye on this one.

Klingon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Scripting; suppose he could go to zel if he needs help with that area :) I am sure he'll get there; though.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I remember zel saying something on the old thread about him trying to make a shiny pichu egg at one point, but for some reason he couldn't do the same thing as he did with the shiny gyarados...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I remember zel saying something on the old thread about him trying to make a shiny pichu egg at one point, but for some reason he couldn't do the same thing as he did with the shiny gyarados...

Yes, because in the way I thought about it, I'd need to have the "shiny" flag enabled till the egg finally hatches (and that would just mean a 100% chance shiny, anyway), and that would also mean than while you work on making the egg hatch any other pokemon you find (being it trainer or wild) would be shiny as well.

So, I think we'd be fine just with getting a random baby Pokemon (which is not that hard, as long as he can get a script in which a randomization takes place, he has Emerald, so I cannot help him on that one :()

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Hmmm...is there any possible way to turn the shiny flag on during the "Huh?" screen and turn it off after the egg hatches?
    Or, if really necessary, maybe the daycare ppl will give a random baby shiny pkmn and not the actual egg...?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I didn't know it was so hard just to insert a couple of few scripts. But I guess it is. O.o
    That's 2 scripts so far, right? Kurt's Pokeball and the Give-Egg Script at the Day-Care... you got quite a handful there, Kike!

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2009
    Oh Kike i love this hack and the Shiny Gold^^ You are a very good Hacker

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Well kike you must be focused on opal/coral since its almost been a month i havent seen many updates in a week.

well good luck on your projects

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hey, I'm off for a while and the people started thinking I'm doing other stuff... Well, now I'm with Crystal, not O/C. Now, I don't have really so many screenshots to show, because the main part is done, these are the things I still have to do:
    - Outside Ruins of Alph
    - B1 Route 36 Scripts
    - Earl's Script
    - Kurt's Pokéball Making
    - Dark Cave
    - Betatest
    And when these stuff are done B1 also will be out.
    That's all for now, See ya!

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hey, what's up? The thread whas on the page 2 :(
    Well, anyway, here are the new screenshots:
    Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

The Dark Cave, one less thing to do.

Well, I hope you like them, cya!

Status