• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Man another hack I have to play I'm piling up quite the backlog.

Great work!
Thank you!
I've only got an outdated spritesheet of OW sprites from way back. I can't help you much with potentially newer iterations of them. The trainers that you've used in Pryce's gym, the kimono girls, the main character's mom and Kurt's OW are all by EPONA4. I have no idea if the person has changed their username since, or if they're even on PC. The Professor Elm, and rival sprites you're using also appear to be modified versions of my old ones.
All right, I'll credit EPONA4 as well. I think I found mention of a Gridiron? Not sure if I used any of their work though. Let me know if you remember anyone else.
I started playing this about a week ago, and it's great fun so far! I'm glad you kept it faithful to the OG and didn't add a bunch of extra stuff to it. So thank you for creating this!

I also made a custom GBA box art for this, but apparently I'm not allowed to post it. :-/
Send it to me in a PM, I want to see it!
all available mons i've caught/collect in this beta so far :D
*for evo stones i got it from trade with emerald game and few tradable mons from emerald in box named trade xD
Very nice!
Now that I see you are checking in on the thread, I suppose I should report some bugs I found.

In the Goldenrod Underground, when battling the rival, the game stops working when the "Rival wants to battle!" text comes up. The text never ends and shows weird letters and I'm stuck in a limbo and can't continue. The only I was able to continue the game was using a walk through walls code to skip the rival's battle altogether. I have also experienced the rival's name glitching up in previous rival battles, although the game never got stuck.

After defeating Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, the guy selling Ragecandybars in Mahogany Town is gone, but his script is still there, stopping me. I can still go on, though, just by walking on the upper side of the road, where his sprite used to stand.

uw9vfa6.png

In the Tin Tower, Entei's sprite briefly turns into Suicune when running away. I have recorded this: https://youtu.be/N8sIN8XGh9M

I entered the Pokémon Center in Ecruteak and Bill's script repeated itself. He came down the escalator and introduced himself to me, even though I have done it long ago.
All of these issues stem from the same bug: it seems like all of your variables have been cleared somehow. Some people have been reporting this but I've never encountered it so I have no idea what causes it. By any chance, did you record and save a battle video?
Awesome hack!, I can't wait to play beta 3. I'm sure it will be amazing
Thanks, I know it will!

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Sorry to ask this, but can I know what is the different between yours and Liquid Crystal?

Of course I am not comparing those that you have completed and "Orange Island".

For Liquid Crystal that I know is extra cave, diving spot, extra rival and evil team.

Just wonder that what make yours special? Aside from those "Crystal-accurate" you mentioned.

Please feel no offense!

EDIT: Ok Nvm, no response, I guess there is nothing to expect. *dropped*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
Sorry to ask this, but can I know what is the different between yours and Liquid Crystal?

Of course I am not comparing those that you have completed and "Orange Island".

For Liquid Crystal that I know is extra cave, diving spot, extra rival and evil team.

Just wonder that what make yours special? Aside from those "Crystal-accurate" you mentioned.

Please feel no offense!

EDIT: Ok Nvm, no response, I guess there is nothing to expect. *dropped*

That's just a little bit impatient of an edit. I find the biggest difference between the two to be the amount of additional features and modified content that's in Liquid Crystal. CrystalDust doesn't have any of that, and that's why I personally prefer it. It's a nostalgia trip that stays faithful throughout, as far as I have played. Liquid Crystal is more like a newer adventure in the same old game, while CrystalDust is the same old adventure in a newer game, if that makes sense...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 14, 2017
I just downloaded this patch recently. as far as I played it, it's awesome remake that I search all this time. this the exact remake (with slight alterations) which make me feel like playing old GSC with taste GB advanced game. I appreciate your work and effort for making this remake. Just can't wait for beta 3 release.

I just dont have any word that you still replying any comments of this thread form 2012 til now. that's awesome.

(I just registered this forum for commenting on this thread)

RomHackerFireRed

Wow perfect hack, can you change the pokemons sprites into the DS style please?

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
All of these issues stem from the same bug: it seems like all of your variables have been cleared somehow. Some people have been reporting this but I've never encountered it so I have no idea what causes it. By any chance, did you record and save a battle video?

I went back to record it just for you: https://youtu.be/JbvGo0G7IIQ

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this, but the Battle Tower has inherited the infamous clone glitch from Emerald. Using the Link Multi option, you can clone up to five Pokemon at a time. There are already tons of video tutorials on how to do it in Emerald, and it works the same way in CrystalDust.

I personally don't mind, cause I've been abusing it like crazy already, hehe.

Am I the only one who prefers the gen 3 sprites? :/

Years
Diegoisawesome, I am anticipating this remake hack of Crystal. This hack has stunning features, screens and a video. Also, your name describe not only yourself but, how good your hack llooks like as well.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Excited to see a more of an upgraded version of crystal than a full remake with changes (although liquid crystal is cool in it's own right), and already done with Johto. Hyped for Beta 3!

Years
so guys, I am kinda lost here...
i defeated E4 and there's no S.S. ticket.. is that still happening or does exist new version released already?

tks

Sierraffinity

Years
I just downloaded this patch recently. as far as I played it, it's awesome remake that I search all this time. this the exact remake (with slight alterations) which make me feel like playing old GSC with taste GB advanced game. I appreciate your work and effort for making this remake. Just can't wait for beta 3 release.

I just dont have any word that you still replying any comments of this thread form 2012 til now. that's awesome.

(I just registered this forum for commenting on this thread)
Thank you!
Nope, I won't do that, as I prefer the GBA style.
I went back to record it just for you: https://youtu.be/JbvGo0G7IIQ

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this, but the Battle Tower has inherited the infamous clone glitch from Emerald. Using the Link Multi option, you can clone up to five Pokemon at a time. There are already tons of video tutorials on how to do it in Emerald, and it works the same way in CrystalDust.

I personally don't mind, cause I've been abusing it like crazy already, hehe.

Am I the only one who prefers the gen 3 sprites? :/
Oh haha, I didn't mean an actual video of the battle. I meant one of those in-game battle recordings that you can do at the Battle Tower. I only ask because I have a suspicion what could be causing this bug. Could you possibly send me your save file?
Diegoisawesome, I am anticipating this remake hack of Crystal. This hack has stunning features, screens and a video. Also, your name describe not only yourself but, how good your hack llooks like as well.
Haha, thanks a bunch!
Excited to see a more of an upgraded version of crystal than a full remake with changes (although liquid crystal is cool in it's own right), and already done with Johto. Hyped for Beta 3!
Awesome, thanks for your support!
so guys, I am kinda lost here...
i defeated E4 and there's no S.S. ticket.. is that still happening or does exist new version released already?

tks
Nope sorry, that's as far as the current beta goes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Thank you!

Nope, I won't do that, as I prefer the GBA style.

Oh haha, I didn't mean an actual video of the battle. I meant one of those in-game battle recordings that you can do at the Battle Tower. I only ask because I have a suspicion what could be causing this bug. Could you possibly send me your save file?

Haha, thanks a bunch!

Awesome, thanks for your support!

Nope sorry, that's as far as the current beta goes.
Yeah, as cool as I think liquid crystal is, when I fired it up and immediately saw Professor Elm with the line "What the hell was that" just didn't fit so much with me. I love what liquid crystal is going for but at the same time I love that there's going to be a script-accurate version. keep up the good work man, bookmarked the thread.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Does the game continue after Elite Four? It sent me the beginning of Violet City after E4 and you said we can do some parts of Kanto but I can't find S.S. Ticket.

p.s. great game by the way! Thanks a lot.

edit: ok, just saw your last reply above me. Then, which parts of Kanto we can play exactly? Because I'm playing Beta 2 and you said "Almost everything in Johto and some parts of Kanto" for Beta 2. Do I misunderstand something? :-D

Sierraffinity

Years
Yeah, as cool as I think liquid crystal is, when I fired it up and immediately saw Professor Elm with the line "What the hell was that" just didn't fit so much with me. I love what liquid crystal is going for but at the same time I love that there's going to be a script-accurate version. keep up the good work man, bookmarked the thread.
Thank you, I will!
Does the game continue after Elite Four? It sent me the beginning of Violet City after E4 and you said we can do some parts of Kanto but I can't find S.S. Ticket.

p.s. great game by the way! Thanks a lot.

edit: ok, just saw your last reply above me. Then, which parts of Kanto we can play exactly? Because I'm playing Beta 2 and you said "Almost everything in Johto and some parts of Kanto" for Beta 2. Do I misunderstand something? :-D
When I said "some parts of Kanto" what I really meant was "the small part you can travel through before reaching the Elite Four". Sorry to have gotten your hopes up!

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm starving for the day I can go to Vermilion City...

Current beta ends after you defeated the E4.And I have no idea if there's any way to satisfy your hunger since beta 3 is...
Hey guys, I'd like you both (and anyone else who reads this) to check out this post I made on my new blog: http://domoreaweso.me/blog/the-absence-of-crystaldust

It describes everything that's been going on since the last beta and why things have been so slow. It's a long read, but it explains it all.

Trainer 766

Hey guys, I'd like you both (and anyone else who reads this) to check out this post I made on my new blog: http://domoreaweso.me/blog/the-absence-of-crystaldust

It describes everything that's been going on since the last beta and why things have been so slow. It's a long read, but it explains it all.

Damn...I feel bad.Seriously have no idea what you were going through for the past 4 years.Take your time.Don't rush things.We will always support you.Do things your way,mate.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Keep it easy, Diego, it's only a hobby. Regarding the phone card, couldn't you just use the one found in emerald. The limit of 10 contacts was always stupid anyways.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I know I'm late to the party but I just started on this hack a few minutes ago. Very well done indeed! :) Gen 2 is my favorite of all the games and playing your hack really brings back some good memories!

Back