• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • She/Her
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey chrunch, it's really nice to see you're still around! Shame about Cyan being discontinued but I can understand you having different standards now and not wanting to keep at it if you won't enjoy it. It was so long ago now that Cyan started, I can remember your very first beta release! Whatever decision you make about its future is yours alone, don't feel pressured about it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for any future projects you might begin :) all the best!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Hi guys,

I know it's been a long time but I figured I owe the few fans who might still be out there an explanation. As you may have guessed, Cyan is dead. There are a number of reasons for this, but the most important one is that I simply grew to be dissatisfied with the quality of my work. I hack for fun, and trying to force myself to work on something which, in my eyes, is so fundamentally flawed, is just not enjoyable. I appreciate the support I received (especially everyone who helped out) and I'm sorry I couldn't deliver.

In other news, I have been working on something new recently. I won't make any promises, because I don't know if it'll ever materialise, but if you liked Cyan, you might want to keep an eye out!

Thanks for the update I hope your future is big and bright! but It'd really be cool if you let Hacksrepairman finish the hack, it'd really make a lot of us fans waiting for a full release happy, but in the end it's your call, have a nice day/night!

Odd-eyesboy

ODD OPINION
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
Thanks for your work
Cyan was the first hackrom was I play
In 2012 I really lovit the game, I'm from mexico and don't have a good english, in that moment was worst but I still playing cause the game gets me fascinated
So bad this new but nobody takes the happy moments

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Hi guys,

I know it's been a long time but I figured I owe the few fans who might still be out there an explanation. As you may have guessed, Cyan is dead. There are a number of reasons for this, but the most important one is that I simply grew to be dissatisfied with the quality of my work. I hack for fun, and trying to force myself to work on something which, in my eyes, is so fundamentally flawed, is just not enjoyable. I appreciate the support I received (especially everyone who helped out) and I'm sorry I couldn't deliver.

In other news, I have been working on something new recently. I won't make any promises, because I don't know if it'll ever materialise, but if you liked Cyan, you might want to keep an eye out!

It's a pity that we don't think so.

Obviously, the game needs to be refined, but that's normal because it's not yet finished.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
There you have it. hacksrepairman, do your thing, please! Uh, whenever you'd like to get around to it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
True je had the right to say no

He absolutely did not. There's a line between "I don't want to finish my work" and "I don't want anyone else to finish my work because I arbitrarily don't like it argle bargle." Creator is a legitimate piece __ _____. Arceus, I'm mad.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
He absolutely did not. There's a line between "I don't want to finish my work" and "I don't want anyone else to finish my work because I arbitrarily don't like it argle bargle." Creator is a legitimate piece __ _____. Arceus, I'm mad.

He does have the right to say no, after all, it's his project at the end of the day. Furthermore he said he's working on something else, and perhaps it will draw certain elements from Cyan into it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Really why, doesnt seem like the creator will come back to it bummer

The reason is that the new project I'm working on is intended to be a sort of spiritual successor to Cyan. It won't be outwardly recognizable but certain ideas will be reused alongside new ones I didn't get the chance to implement in Cyan, and some of the features that people liked in Cyan will return.

Since I'm really not happy with the quality of my work on Cyan, I'd rather people wait for my new hack than play the "inferior" one. If I knew I was done with hacking for good, I wouldn't have an issue with it being completed.

Years
The reason is that the new project I'm working on is intended to be a sort of spiritual successor to Cyan. It won't be outwardly recognizable but certain ideas will be reused alongside new ones I didn't get the chance to implement in Cyan, and some of the features that people liked in Cyan will return.

Since I'm really not happy with the quality of my work on Cyan, I'd rather people wait for my new hack than play the "inferior" one. If I knew I was done with hacking for good, I wouldn't have an issue with it being completed.

Gotcha thank you for responding, my fault if my comment came off as being an butthole.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday

sadly i have to agree. one does not publish a game in progress, cancels it and not allow a 3rd party to complete it just for the sake of a new project.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
sadly i have to agree. one does not publish a game in progress, cancels it and not allow a 3rd party to complete it just for the sake of a new project.

1. It's his fan game, so naturally he has the freedom to cancel it if he so wishes.
2. He said he's probably gonna recycle the idea of Cyan in his new reincarnation of the game which is why he probably does not want HRM to finish it up.
3. It would make sense if HRM picked up the hack if Chrunch went AWOL, but he has not. I bet that Chrunch was quite passionate about this project, and if I were in his shoes, I'd feel pretty awful if someone took on my project without asking my permission.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen yesterday
1. It's his fan game, so naturally he has the freedom to cancel it if he so wishes.
2. He said he's probably gonna recycle the idea of Cyan in his new reincarnation of the game which is why he probably does not want HRM to finish it up.
3. It would make sense if HRM picked up the hack if Chrunch went AWOL, but he has not. I bet that Chrunch was quite passionate about this project, and if I were in his shoes, I'd feel pretty awful if someone took on my project without asking my permission.

then we are on a seperate path, i wouldve been honored to let a legend like hacksrepairman finish the game i gave up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back