• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I can help you translate this game to French(Well, what the NPCs are saying... I hate the French pokemon names so much.)
    Just send me what I need to translate over PM and I'll PM you back ASAP with the translation. By the way this really looks like it's gonna be great. Smart ideas are there so...
    That would actually help, as soon as I start getting back to editing, soon I'll send you some stuff to get translated. Well, VBA doesn't work on my computer right now, but I have found an alternative emulator. So, that means... progress shall continue!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    yay
    woohoo
    like this hack its awesome

And Glad you can now make more progress

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • The back-sprite for Zorua looks terrible. I can't even tell what that blotch is.

Also, Route 901 looks terrible mapping-wise, not just the tiles.

Looks nice overall, though.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The back-sprite for Zorua looks terrible. I can't even tell what that blotch is.

Also, Route 901 looks terrible mapping-wise, not just the tiles.

Looks nice overall, though.
    Yeah, I wanna go redo it now. I may use Eevee as basis the next time I attempt a backsprite for Zoroa.

Yeah, since the player won't be around Route 901 that much, I don't care if it looks bad. You're right, it's not really that good. But, I'm almost half-way through the entire storyline, so something from way in the beginning I'm not gonna bother changing. Thanks for the criticism!

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I don't like to double post; but...

Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Shaspirawk (Darghosird evolution)

There'd be one more screen inbetween the last two but that has the first for real use of the S-word.

So, this update just showing progress on Light being in the game. Not a big one, but at least it's something. I finally got back to hacking after a temporary hiatus.

Years
  • You're going to insert an Overworld for Light, right?
    Personally, I don't think mixing franchises is a great idea.. The Death Note style and Pokemon style are just too different. Sure, you can bring darkness and maturity to Pokemon, I guess, but why even bother with Death Note? It just doesn't feel right. Just my opinion, though, so naturally, do what you will :)

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    You're going to insert an Overworld for Light, right?
    Personally, I don't think mixing franchises is a great idea.. The Death Note style and Pokemon style are just too different. Sure, you can bring darkness and maturity to Pokemon, I guess, but why even bother with Death Note? It just doesn't feel right. Just my opinion, though, so naturally, do what you will :)
    I see what you mean, I'll try to make it seem more natural. Besides, L, Light and Ryuk are the only non-Pokémon characters from an existing series that appear. Really, I chose those characters since they fit in with the Team Death storyline. Plus, Light, L and Ryuk still barely make an appearance in the game. Ryuk maybe twice, L, about three or four and Light about 3 times too.

Oh Raito is rather rude xD
    I also hope to see Raito's OW =)
    And by the way could you check on his sprite again...? I think it's kinda weird ./
    Yeah, I made him a little more open and full of himself which is why he's rude. He's still got his idealistic goals, it'll tie into the plot with Levialypse.

Yeah, the Cooltrainer overworld is just temporary. Even if Light's sprite is somewhat odd looking I like how it came out. Him in a suit looking cocky as hell.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Nice! the bird fakemon is cool, the top part is nice, but the Lower Part is kind of weird. That's a real cool "cut scene" too.

Keep on the good work

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • I read through the whole thread and didn't see anyone mention this, so I felt I had to.

The fighting/dark/psychic starters are a neat idea, but since Lucario is part steel-type it only takes normal damage from psychic moves (fighting is weak to psychic and steel is strong to psychic) so the paper-rock-scissors type advantage circle is all out of whack unless you remove Lucario's steel-type or use a different Pokemon altogether (like Tyrogue/Makuhita). Plus Zorua/Zoroark barely have any dark-type moves in the movesets you gave them; at least give them Crunch and/or Faint Attack.

On a related note, 2 of Zorua's/Zoroark's moves are known to date: Trickery (does random damage based on the user's level, possibly like a dark-type Psywave) and Claw Sharpen (raises user's Attack and Accuracy by one level) so you could probably give it Psywave and Howl or Dragon Dance to try to replicate those. Also you could give it Transform as one of its moves to replicate its ability to shapeshift at will. As for its ability in your hack, I agree with whoever thought Trace would be a good choice.

I also agree with giradialkia that using unreleased gen 5 Pokemon is a little pretentious and mixing franchises is a bit silly (honestly I facepalm'd when I saw L, Ryuk, Light and the Death Note) but at least you chose a decent one and not, say, Naruto or K-ON (I think I'd kill myself if I ever saw a K-ON-themed hack >_>).

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    The fighting/dark/psychic starters are a neat idea, but since Lucario is part steel-type it only takes normal damage from psychic moves (fighting is weak to psychic and steel is strong to psychic) so the paper-rock-scissors type advantage circle is all out of whack unless you remove Lucario's steel-type or use a different Pokemon altogether (like Tyrogue/Makuhita).
    Secondary Types means bull. Empoleon becomes Water/Steel and resistant to Grass. No big deal.

The big deal is the Triangle itself.

Well, okay. Psychic>Fighting>Dark>Psychic. But what about the Resistance?

Psychic Resists Fighting
    Fighting Resists Dark
    Dark is Immune to Psychic.

Now think again.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • Secondary Types means bull. Empoleon becomes Water/Steel and resistant to Grass. No big deal.

The big deal is the Triangle itself.

Well, okay. Psychic>Fighting>Dark>Psychic. But what about the Resistance?

Psychic Resists Fighting
    Fighting Resists Dark
    Dark is Immune to Psychic.

Now think again.

Well I don't think the hacker would be willing to replace their precious Zorua (what with the "gotta be the first to put a gen 5 Pokemon in my hack so I can be teh koolz" mentality that's going on these days) with a ghost type like Misdreavus, Shuppet or Drifloon to balance out the type discrepancy, so whaddayagonnado. Wait... even replacing the dark type with a ghost type would cause problems too since fighting types can't hit ghosts >.< You could give Riolu Foresight to counter that but your opponent would get a free turn while you used it =/

Also Spoink and Zorua (as far as we know) don't get a secondary type that grants them resistance to the other starters after evolving so it's still out of balance. Now, maybe if the psychic starter was a Meditite... but that still causes typing problems. Hmm...

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Well I don't think the hacker would be willing to replace their precious Zorua (what with the "gotta be the first to put a gen 5 Pokemon in my hack so I can be teh koolz" mentality that's going on these days) with a ghost type like Misdreavus, Shuppet or Drifloon to balance out the type discrepancy, so whaddayagonnado. Wait... even replacing the dark type with a ghost type would cause problems too since fighting types can't hit ghosts >.< You could give Riolu Foresight to counter that but your opponent would get a free turn while you used it =/

Also Spoink and Zorua (as far as we know) don't get a secondary type that grants them resistance to the other starters after evolving so it's still out of balance. Now, maybe if the psychic starter was a Meditite... but that still causes typing problems. Hmm...
    Riolu actually is given foresight. Actually, Zoroa is catchable later in the game, so I could replace that as a starter.

With the secondary types of evolutions, I didn't even bother since the Empoleon example was brought up. Once summer break starts I'll actually continue. Which is the 10th. So, yeah.

I may replace Spoink's starter spot too. I don't know, I'll decide later.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • Riolu actually is given foresight. Actually, Zoroa is catchable later in the game, so I could replace that as a starter.

With the secondary types of evolutions, I didn't even bother since the Empoleon example was brought up. Once summer break starts I'll actually continue. Which is the 10th. So, yeah.

I may replace Spoink's starter spot too. I don't know, I'll decide later.

But still, the enemy would still get a free shot while you used it. I'm not even sure why I brought that up though, cuz if you chose Riolu the rival's gonna choose the psychic type anyway so you won't even need to mess around with Foresight. I r dum :p

I think cutting Zorua as a starter is a good idea, since there's a possibility it and Zoroark might turn out to be legendary Pokemon (considering their role in the upcoming movie and the hoops you'll have to jump through to obtain Zoroark in the games), and plus there's the fact that everyone's gonna pick it as their starter and not give the others a chance... well, some might pick Riolu, but no one's gonna choose the psychic type with those choices since I can't think of a 2 stage psychic type with stats and popularity on par with theirs.

So for the psychic starter, I suggest Mime Jr., Natu or Chingling; for the fighting starter (if you change it) Makuhita or Tyrogue (as long as you gave the players cheap access to Pokemon vitamins to control its evolution, maybe an event that lets them choose 5 Proteins or 5 Irons as a reward?), and the only dark type I saw that wasn't immune to psychic damage (the only downside of the psychic>fighting>dark>psychic triangle) is Stunky, but being part poison type also means it loses its weakness to fighting and besides, who's gonna wanna use it? A pure ghost type might be a better choice although it won't have a resistance to psychic, but it doesn't have a weakness to it either. How about Shuppet, Drifloon or Misdreavus? Though I hesitate to suggest Misdreavus because of its weird moveset and low attack power as ghost type moves were based on the attack stat before gen 4, but it does have the coolest-looking evolution of the three.

Last edited:

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
    Years
  • I taste of the style and the changes made in hack, therefore really show a new and clear-cut style, but I find mainly that he would have to give a small one improved in tiles, of the weeds(pkm), but in the generality the game is clear-cut

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I think cutting Zorua as a starter is a good idea, since there's a possibility it and Zoroark might turn out to be legendary Pokemon (considering their role in the upcoming movie and the hoops you'll have to jump through to obtain Zoroark in the games)
    Zoroark won't be legend. Legends don't have evolutions.
    Just like Lucario. It's just really cool pokemon =)

and the only dark type I saw that wasn't immune to psychic damage (the only downside of the psychic>fighting>dark>psychic triangle) is Stunky,
    What the...? Stunky is immune to Psychic O.o

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years

• Zoroark won't be legend. Legends don't have evolutions.
    Just like Lucario. It's just really cool pokemon =)
    You can't be sure of that. Manaphy (and Lugia in the anime) have showed us that some legendaries are able to breed, so who's to say they won't introduce evolving legendaries in the future? Black & White are supposedly going to be breaking the mold of the old games after all.

What the...? Stunky is immune to Psychic O.o
    Really? I thought the poison weakness and the dark immunity would cancel each other out and make it neutral. Well in any case, no one would want to use it for a starter.

uillian

Need Beta tester? Found one.XD
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    The hack is great. Im thinking on doing my own. Jus dont know when to start.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Oh mannnnnnnnn.Zo...ZO...Zoroa.Great hack man.Can you post the link as soon as you can?

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I taste of the style and the changes made in hack, therefore really show a new and clear-cut style, but I find mainly that he would have to give a small one improved in tiles, of the weeds(pkm), but in the generality the game is clear-cut
    Thank you, yeah, once I get on mapping again; I'll make an attempt to change those some more.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm finally back into a hacking mood, so I'm going to start back up off of hiatus.

So, here's just a small addition to the game. Since it's Normal-type it's now part of Trey's team.

Yep, Chiramii. So, expect a few new Isshu Pokémon in some Gym's rosters.

I'll also be adding a few other events and switching the starters.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back